Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2015, 01:19 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
tell you what, if you have a boss, you do what he/she tells you to do...right?

you find any legitimate backup that says I'm wrong, please do share it with us.....

you honestly think they went out there and did that all by themselves?

I think not!
Yes. What were they supposed to do in your mind?

Quote:
Why the Fox Debate is taking hits from Donald Trump’s fans

The attacks by Donald Trump and his followers on the Fox News debate have raised a really important question:

What, exactly, is the role of moderators in a presidential debate?

Or to take a broader view: What is the role of journalists, period?

Many in the mainstream media, including such luminaries as Katie Couric, Andrea Mitchell and Jeff Greenfield, have praised the tough questioning by Megyn Kelly, Bret Baier and Chris Wallace. Perhaps most striking was this piece by liberal New York Times columnist Frank Bruni:

“They took each of the 10 Republicans onstage to task. They held each of them to account. They made each address the most prominent blemishes on his record, the most profound apprehensions that voters feel about him, the greatest vulnerability that he has. It was riveting. It was admirable. It compels me to write a cluster of words I never imagined writing: hooray for Fox News.”
In fact, going into the debate, all of the usual suspects were preemptively anticipating Fox News would lob a bunch of softballs and go to soft on the Republican candidates. Needless to say, those allegations turned out to be completely wrong.

And, from the same article, here is the backup that says you are wrong:

Quote:
The great interviewers like Tim Russert, who was a Democratic operative before joining NBC, know full well about pressing the pols. Russert said in 2007 that the founder of “Meet the Press,” Lawrence Spivak, once told him that “that the job of the host is to learn as much as you can about your guest’s positions and take the other side.”

Having watched Megyn, Bret and Chris spend hours preparing for the debate, I know they took great pains to be fair. In fashioning a question about a story that Fox had just broken, Baier made sure to say the candidates on stage might not be aware of it so there would be no implication that they were just uninformed.

The team was led by Bill Sammon, the Washington managing editor, and there were no dictates from on high.

Last edited by Spartacus713; 08-10-2015 at 01:36 PM..

Old 08-10-2015, 01:21 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Trump has been married three times. His companies have declared bankruptcy four times. Trump is rich and was born rich.

What in your opinion does he have to offer our country as President...sincerely asked? Please name at least two things.
1. The party heads don't support him.
2. The party heads don't support him.

Old 08-10-2015, 01:26 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Trump takes a 7% bump in new poll. So much for the idea that he has topped out.

Trump’s 32 percent is also up seven points over last week’s Morning Consult poll, which had him at 25 percent. The poll was conducted Aug. 7 through Aug. 9—Friday through Sunday—which means most of the polling was done not just after Trump’s debate performance in which he battled Fox News anchors seemingly determined to take him out but also after Friday evening comments about Kelly.

Teflon Don: Trump at 32 Percent in New Post-Debate Poll
Another online poll, this time from a group I have never heard of. {yawn}

I will wait until we see SEVERAL of the major polls done in a traditional manner before I formulate any conclusions. But if that is not your way, different strokes for different folks.

Old 08-10-2015, 01:36 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,981,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Well, you can't argue that Fox and Kelly were out to get Trump. Just the same, it might be a good thing-get rid of the clown now and move on to candidates that actually have some ideas and a chance in the general election.
Hahahaha, like who? ¡Yeb!? No other warmed over GOP candidate has a shot.

Old 08-10-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:

Trump’s 32 percent is also up seven points over last week’s Morning Consult poll, which had him at 25 percent. The poll was conducted Aug. 7 through Aug. 9—Friday through Sunday—which means most of the polling was done not just after Trump’s debate performance in which he battled Fox News anchors seemingly determined to take him out but also after Friday evening comments about Kelly.

Hmm, it appears this was not the "death blow" that some anti-Trump haters thought it would be.

Old 08-10-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Because it's about you. LOL

Old 08-10-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

I will wait until we see SEVERAL of the major polls done in a traditional manner before I formulate any conclusions. But if that is not your way, different strokes for different folks.
Admit it, you got all excited thinking that this was finally the thing that would stump the Trump and take down the Teflon Don, and you were not only wrong, but widely so. Now you look stupid and are grasping at straws.

Old 08-10-2015, 01:40 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:

Yes, I have seen other ones too, and they all tell the same story. Trump continues to lead. The reason why GOP-FOX might be even more concerned than before is the fact that he is leading among the Republican voters and Republican leaning independents.

BTW, Trump will appear on "FOX and Friends" tomorrow.

Old 08-10-2015, 01:44 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,669,320 times
IMO Ms. Kelly was goading Trump and very unprofessional. Although I did not care for his answer to the question regarding his name calling of females, Ms. Kelly could have phrased the question differently without trying for the shock value. Ms. Kelly may be qualified on paper but I did not feel she was effective nor professional in the role as moderator.

Old 08-10-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, I have seen other ones too, and they all tell the same story. Trump continues to lead. The reason why GOP-FOX might be even more concerned than before is the fact that he is leading among the Republican voters and Republican leaning independents.

BTW, Trump will appear on "FOX and Friends" tomorrow.
He does need to make sure he doesn't overdo it. I'm not even 100% sure that his goal is to actually win though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections