Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2015, 04:44 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,856,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
The only "sticking" Ted Cruz reminds me of, is something sticking to my shoes walking in a dog park.

He is more adapt to shutting down Government, than running it.
You need the facts regarding the government shutdown, which doesn't actually shutdown.

The House started off by funding the Government and defunding Obamacare.

It next went to the Senate Democrats who said they would not negotiate, they would not compromise and voted it down.

The House then said that they would compromise by finding some middle ground. They said they wouldn't defund Obamacare, but would fund the government and this time "delay" Obamacare for one year in the manner that the President had done for big business.

Approximately a dozen Democrats had publicly called for a delay. The House voted to do that - delay Obamacare.

So, the pertinent and relevant question is - If the Democrats supported delaying Obamacare, why did THEY vote to shut down the government.

As much as the media wants to blame that on Cruz or the Republicans, it simply isn't true. The true reason for the shutdown (which actually doesn't shutdown) was simply a partisan decision made by the White House.

We all know that the President walked into the Republican meeting and said, "I am here to tell you that I will NOT negotiate and I will NOT compromise.

The White House KNEW the plan would benefit them. And it worked because many still believe it was Cruz's fault. Facts show that it wasn't.

3,930 posts, read 2,108,655 times
Quote:
Just saw the News and now The GOP says Trump may be banned from future events, if he does not take the pledge to not run as an independent. I guess they thing they need to "Fix" the elections again, since they can't find anyone people feel comfortable voting for.
That would be the dumbest move ever, guaranteeing that Trump would run as an independent

79,908 posts, read 44,378,234 times
Quote:
Just saw the News and now The GOP says Trump may be banned from future events, if he does not take the pledge to not run as an independent. I guess they thing they need to "Fix" the elections again, since they can't find anyone people feel comfortable voting for.
That would be their mistake and exactly why people are supporting Trump if they did indeed say this. (No link)

Old 08-10-2015, 04:47 PM

13,825 posts, read 5,030,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The moderators tried to target each candidate on their weaknesses, but I wish they'd hadn't bypassed Trump on the God question & other questions asked of all others on stage.
I thought the God question was tacky, and was just a chance for the candidates to try and out-pious each other, but it would have been interesting if Trump had been asked the same question; I doubt his lifestyle would play well with the religious right.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:48 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,856,986 times
Quote:
You know, I do not like how Trump throws insults around so freely. I don't particularly believe he is Conservative. I think this race to him is about business - fixing things - military, vets, airports, highways, border, etc. All the other nuances are not important to him.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:49 PM

27,292 posts, read 15,443,677 times
Trump may have a good chance of being the first Independent elected.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:51 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,164,229 times
That's creepy how the Trumpbots are throwing one time conservative hero Megyn Kelly under the bus because she asked fair unbiased questions to Trump during a political debate. You see what fascists Tea Partiers are when they demand no one question the leader of their cult of personality.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:52 PM

27,292 posts, read 15,443,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Yeah I can (argue). I've watched the debate in its entirety twice now, and every one of the candidates got tough questions. Every one of the candidates in both debates are running for the highest office in the land and one of the most important jobs in the world. If they can't put on their big boy britches during the debates, they have no business being president of the United States.

I've also followed the (increasingly) ugly diatribes by conservatives (and likely some liberal operatives posing as conservatives), who have trashed all three debate moderators (and particularly Kelly). What it has told me is this:

1. Conservatives are just as capable of "falling in love" with a candidate as are liberals. Emotionally investing in someone who is applying for a job (admittedly a big job) and whose salary WE will be paying, is a fools game.

2. Conservatives are just as capable of trashing (and getting real personal real fast) ANYONE who they feel has harmed THEIR guy, as liberals are..

3. Conservatives are just as capable of being emotionally driven as liberals are.

Get your heads out of your asses people.

Or to a larger extent conservatives don't care for dirty tricks.

They do play well in liberal circles however.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:53 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,151,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Trump may have a good chance of being the first Independent elected.
Only if election day and traumatic head injury day coincide.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:54 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,590,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
I don't think so.

Fox's house is in disarray - and Ailes called Trump to repair the damage:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...p-for-now.html

So much for the demise of Trump. He can't be ignored - he can't be maginalized.
Interesting. Seems to shoot down the theory all these anti-Trumpers have about how well Kelly did. Looks like she got almost all the hate mail.

These folks have no idea on how to deal with Trump. He has effectively become the GOP Nightmare of the Century. He has everyone looking for a hole to hide in, when they see him coming. Entertaining, to say the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections