Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 10:29 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
More taxes?

More taxes for the corporations who don't pay taxes = ok

More taxes for the so called 1% (doctors, business owners, engineers, lawyers) Not okay
I'm with you on this, I have no problem closing corporate tax loop holes, but I'm hesitant to increase income taxes unless we are talking about $3 million + annual incomes and only if we actually received something in return such as universal healthcare. If it's just more tax increases with more bureaucracy and nothing to show for it, no way, even corporate taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2015, 10:30 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,992,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Trump's message:

Make America Great Again
I.e., nonsense, pandering to idiots.

Quote:
Sander’s message:

Billionaires, you can’t have it all.
I.e., trying to improve life for the 99%.

Don't know why this is such a difficult decision.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:33 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
That is one of the worst listening experiences in recent memory. They should have to pass a talking stick back and forth and slapped with a wet towel by the moderator if they speak without the stick in hand. I'm going to go find someone I want to punish and ask them to watch it !!!
That is how most all Democrats behave in any two way "conversation" (debate) like this. They always try to shout down their opponent.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
I.e., nonsense, pandering to idiots.

I.e., trying to improve life for the 99%.

Don't know why this is such a difficult decision.
If only it were that simple. We live in a free society, so government can't just say... okay anyone with a bank account over $10 million must surrender it to the government and we will give a million to each person in the country.

Saying "we're going to make America great again" and "we are going to allow the 99% to get their fair share of wealth in the country" are both open statements with no substance. That's why you need to look at the details.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
That is how most all Democrats behave in any two way "conversation" (debate) like this. They always try to shout down their opponent.
I'm an independent, but if all you saw was Sanders interrupting Bachman, then you really are brainwashed or shutting out things you don't want to see or hear lol. They both interrupted each other, plain and simple.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I'm with you on this, I have no problem closing corporate tax loop holes, but I'm hesitant to increase income taxes unless we are talking about $3 million + annual incomes and only if we actually received something in return such as universal healthcare. If it's just more tax increases with more bureaucracy and nothing to show for it, no way, even corporate taxes.
"Loopholes" are tax code provisions enacted by Congress which are intended to help business. Why are we critical of business for taking advantage of them?

Old 08-13-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
They both interrupted each other, plain and simple.
I did say that too. Check my posts.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
"Loopholes" are tax code provisions enacted by Congress which are intended to help business. Why are we critical of business for taking advantage of them?
Because small business owners can't afford the lawyers to take advantage of these loop holes which is why you see these too big to fail corporations donating millions to democrats and republicans.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
I did say that too. Check my posts.
"That is how most all Democrats behave in any two way "conversation" (debate) like this. They always try to shout down their opponent." -nonosenseguy

Old 08-13-2015, 10:42 AM

998 posts, read 665,650 times
Quote:
If only it were that simple. We live in a free society, so government can't just say... okay anyone with a bank account over $10 million must surrender it to the government and we will give a million to each person in the country.

Saying "we're going to make America great again" and "we are going to allow the 99% to get their fair share of wealth in the country" are both open statements with no substance. That's why you need to look at the details.
Liberals don't understand that wealth is created through hard work and innovation; they believe it is all "handed" or acquired by some designated group (ie. "the 1%") and that it is the job of politicians to take that money back from the 1% and distribute it back to everyone else. For that reason, they hate corporations and successful people... unless they happen to be related to Apple or Starbucks.

They don't understand how an economy works or a free market system, so trying to appeal to that segment of voters doesn't make sense. Essentially, you need to come in with a Bernie Sanders "Steal from Peter to Pay Paul" type message, because obviously Paul will always support such a policy. Unfortunately, even if we were to steal the entire wealth of billionaires in this country and nationalize some of the major companies (which I'm sure many of the Bernie supporters would love), it would still barely make a dent in our national debt. Useful idiots, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections