Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 02:05 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Because small business owners can't afford the lawyers to take advantage of these loop holes which is why you see these too big to fail corporations donating millions to democrats and republicans.
It doesn't take a lawyer to take advantage of the various tax deductions that are clearly provide, and they are not "loopholes." They were provided intentionally by your representatives and mine.

Any good Enrolled Agent or accountant used by any small business ought to know how to take advantage of all the deductions etc that a business is entitled to.

If there were really any "loopholes," wouldn't you think that Congress, especially a Democrat Congress, would be very quick to close them? I do. They want every dime they can get. They aren't going to sit by and say, "Oh, gee, these corporations are getting away with millions because we screwed up, and there is this "loophole" which they are using to avoid paying taxes. Oh well."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2015, 02:22 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,964,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It doesn't take a lawyer to take advantage of the various tax deductions that are clearly provide, and they are not "loopholes." They were provided intentionally by your representatives and mine.

Any good Enrolled Agent or accountant used by any small business ought to know how to take advantage of all the deductions etc that a business is entitled to.

If there were really any "loopholes," wouldn't you think that Congress, especially a Democrat Congress, would be very quick to close them? I do. They want every dime they can get. They aren't going to sit by and say, "Oh, gee, these corporations are getting away with millions because we screwed up, and there is this "loophole" which they are using to avoid paying taxes. Oh well."
Oh you naive little man, I'm not talking about deductions, I'm talking about very complicated methods to limit or entirely avoid corporate tax. Just google it, to save me time from having to type it. And why aren't Democrats doing anything about it. Well they say they will, but it doesn't get done. Just look at who their donors are. Some of these corporations are big donors and that isn't by chance. Goldman Sachs, Google, GE are some corporations that come to mind. Goldman Sachs is a massive donor to Clinton and also donated a ton to Obama. Many corporations donate who they think will win not because they support their issues, but because they need power.

Old 08-13-2015, 02:27 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Sanders believes, like most "Progressives" that that wealth is finite, and is unequally divided. The man is an idiot! Listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=9cJUBOZE26k
Wealth *is* finite. There are only so many resources on this planet, and people starting off with a lot of those resources are able to obtain much more, while others don't have the means to even begin feasibly competing.

Last edited by ohhwanderlust; 08-13-2015 at 02:41 PM..

Old 08-13-2015, 02:34 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Oh you naive little man, I'm not talking about deductions, I'm talking about very complicated methods to limit or entirely avoid corporate tax. Just google it, to save me time from having to type it. And why aren't Democrats doing anything about it. Well they say they will, but it doesn't get done. Just look at who their donors are. Some of these corporations are big donors and that isn't by chance. Goldman Sachs, Google, GE are some corporations that come to mind. Goldman Sachs is a massive donor to Clinton and also donated a ton to Obama. Many corporations donate who they think will win not because they support their issues, but because they need power.
I have no clue what you are talking about either and if you have no clue you can't google it.

Old 08-13-2015, 02:40 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
Liberals don't understand that wealth is created through hard work and innovation; they believe it is all "handed" or acquired by some designated group (ie. "the 1%") and that it is the job of politicians to take that money back from the 1% and distribute it back to everyone else. For that reason, they hate corporations and successful people... unless they happen to be related to Apple or Starbucks.

They don't understand how an economy works or a free market system, so trying to appeal to that segment of voters doesn't make sense. Essentially, you need to come in with a Bernie Sanders "Steal from Peter to Pay Paul" type message, because obviously Paul will always support such a policy. Unfortunately, even if we were to steal the entire wealth of billionaires in this country and nationalize some of the major companies (which I'm sure many of the Bernie supporters would love), it would still barely make a dent in our national debt. Useful idiots, etc.
Lol @ hard work and innovation enabling people to rise. The US has among the lowest socioeconomic mobility in all developed countries. Someone born in the bottom quintile has only an 8% chance of making it to the top quintile in their lifetime in the US. In the UK it's 12%. And even higher in Scandinavian nations.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/01/05...html?referrer=

Old 08-13-2015, 02:42 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Lol @ hard work and innovation enabling people to rise. The US has among the lowest socioeconomic mobility in all developed countries. Someone born in the bottom quintile has only an 8% chance of making it to the top quintile in their lifetime in the US. In the UK it's 12%. And even higher in Scandinavian nations.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/01/05...html?referrer=
It shouldn't be a problem to take away the wealth of the 1%. Let them use "hard work" and "innovation" to create more. They were so good at it the first time.....

Old 08-13-2015, 02:47 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,964,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I have no clue what you are talking about either and if you have no clue you can't google it.
Sigh lol... I didn't think this was a secret. Ask yourself why the majority of AAPL's cash is overseas. Where the phrase offshore tax havens came from. Even Romney recognized the problem and said he would temporarily allow Americans corporations to bring their cash into the country without being taxed and then he would close the loop holes.

There are pages and pages of results.

U.S. Companies Are Stashing $2.1 Trillion Overseas to Avoid Taxes - Bloomberg Business

http://www.americansfortaxfairness.o...Fact-Sheet.pdf

How Do Corporations Avoid Paying Taxes? | Al Jazeera America

Old 08-13-2015, 02:50 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,558,959 times
Bernie is blowing hot air.

He's a loser.

Old 08-13-2015, 02:56 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,991,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Bernie is blowing hot air.
Hard to argue with intelligent, well-informed political commentary like that.

Quote:
He's a loser.
That must be why he's ahead in NH and just drew 28,000 people to his rally in Portland.

Old 08-13-2015, 03:01 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Sigh lol... I didn't think this was a secret. Ask yourself why the majority of AAPL's cash is overseas. Where the phrase offshore tax havens came from. Even Romney recognized the problem and said he would temporarily allow Americans corporations to bring their cash into the country without being taxed and then he would close the loop holes.

There are pages and pages of results.

U.S. Companies Are Stashing $2.1 Trillion Overseas to Avoid Taxes - Bloomberg Business

http://www.americansfortaxfairness.o...Fact-Sheet.pdf

How Do Corporations Avoid Paying Taxes? | Al Jazeera America
Again.....these are not loopholes. They are tax laws. Laws debated and passed in Congress and signed by the President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections