Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2015, 02:25 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times

Advertisements

I ma trying to think of a civilized country where the idea of a candidate for office meeting with the owner of a media outlet to "settle their differences" would be met with with anything but derision and hoots of derisive laughter, and I'm coming up blank.

I guess we now know - if we didn't before - how Fox News interprets the concept of "editorial independence".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 02:29 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Judging by the number of liberal posts, I believe that liberals are very much engaged and interested in Trump.... Why is this?
It's like a train wreck in slow motion - you can't look away. Also, I have family and friends overseas, and they ask questions - mostly of the "Are they serious?" variety, but still...

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 09-24-2015 at 02:48 PM..

Old 09-24-2015, 02:35 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
He's not going to SPLIT the vote?
LOL
Good luck with that - when has that EVER happened?

Still, I don't want to discourage you. Go ahead and support the guy. It's what I expect (and WANT) to happen - and it will.
Go Trump! Tear the GOP apart.

Ken

PS - I'm not sure what you mean by "got us here". Where is "here" - to be the richest, most powerful nation on earth? Is that what you mean by "here"?

If you know of a nation that's doing better than the U.S.A. kindly point it out. What nation is a better place to live than here?
Ken, it's not 1980 - or 1992 - anymore. These are uncharted waters.

Trump can and will easily take huge bites out of both the Repubs and the Dems, both of which have abandoned average Americans. Astute voters know this.

As to your last sentence - what nation is doing better than today's USA? The answer is....the USA of the previous two generations. The wise among us who have been around long enough to watch the steady decline have had quite enough.

Old 09-24-2015, 02:35 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
But they are not Republicans and he needs to win the Republican vote to win the nomination. So what good will it do if he attracts those who can't help him that much? This makes no sense to me.
Once nominated it gives him an instant boost.

Old 09-24-2015, 02:36 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,364 times
Wow, Trump is really ripping the GOP apart. HAHAHAHA!

He is such a troll. A whiney ***** that would be better suited on E! than FNC or CNN.

Quote:
Trump can and will easily take huge bites out of both the Repubs and the Dems, both of which have abandoned average Americans. Astute voters know this.
Trump has hit his ceiling of 30%. He's not going to take a huge bite out of anybody.

Quote:
As to your last sentence - what nation is doing better than today's USA? The answer is....the USA of the previous two generations. The wise among us who have been around long enough to watch the steady decline have had quite enough.
Really? Stats, please. If you can prove that the standard of living in this county was better in 1955, 1965, 1975, 1985, 1995 or EVEN 2005, I will eat my hat.

Carry on.

Old 09-24-2015, 02:50 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
he was cancelled from one appearance on the bill o'reilly show ( according to fox ), not a general ban. it still comes across as a temper tantrum on trump's part ( "trumper tantrum" ??? ).
I mean for someone who believes in 'speaking their mind' and "doesn't have time for political correctness", he has the thinnest skin of ANY person running for office that I've ever seen.

When asked on one of the morning shows when he was going to quit tweeting about his enemies on the right and start addressing some serious issues like Syria, refugees, etc - Trump just went on and on about how much he loves Twitter and Facebook.

Old 09-24-2015, 02:51 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post

and do you really think Trump cares about the average American? Give me a few example of how he cares and how he will make things better? Not to mention something everyone seems to forget: the President has to have the support of the houses and he will never get that. I doubt there is more than a handful of DEms or Repubs that would support him, he would spend his time vetoing bills if they were not exactly as he wanted, then the congress would over ride him. I know he says, we can always nogociate but I am willing to bet, that means, we can always do it my way.

Old 09-24-2015, 02:54 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Once nominated it gives him an instant boost.
But what you are forgetting is: he has to get the nomintaion and in many states one is required to vote for thier party in the primary. This is one of the things that killed Ron Paul. I am sure you know enough about politics to know this or I thought you did.

Old 09-24-2015, 02:59 PM

11,791 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and do you really think Trump cares about the average American? Give me a few example of how he cares and how he will make things better? Not to mention something everyone seems to forget: the President has to have the support of the houses and he will never get that. I doubt there is more than a handful of DEms or Repubs that would support him, he would spend his time vetoing bills if they were not exactly as he wanted, then the congress would over ride him. I know he says, we can always nogociate but I am willing to bet, that means, we can always do it my way.

Do you really think any of them care about the average American? At least he's using his own money. He's not high on my list of who I'll vote for but he and Sander's are probably the most believable when they say they want to make things better for America. For the rest of them - it's just a notch on their belt - one step further up the ladder.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:24 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post

Trump supporters among the GOP outnumber Trump supporters among the Democrats by a ratio of 2 to 1.
Do the math with the remaining voters.

As to your last paragraph - well maybe if the GOP hadn't fought so hard to destroy all those good-paying union jobs we wouldn't have HAD such a decline.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections