Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2015, 10:27 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Judging by the number of liberal posts, I believe that liberals are very much engaged and interested in Trump.... Why is this?

Could it be fear? It is fear that he can pull more votes than any candidate. I am talking some moderate Democrats, most of the independents, african americans, and even legal hispanics.

Trump will be fine, lol. Most people know that Fox news is all in for Jeb Bush.
Um, it's called EXCITEMENT.

He's gonna run as an independent and split the RW vote.

Aside from that, it's just soooooooo much fun watching the GOP tear itself apart.

And finally, it's just plain interesting. Gotta hand it to Trump, I've never seen an election anything like this. My hat's off to the guy. He's an idiot - and there's NO WAY he'll get the GOP nomination, but he's making it interesting none-the-less

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 10:39 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
they cancelled him on O'Reilly and he became incensed and decided no more Fox for awhile.....I'm curious whey O'Reilly cancelled him.....he's always good for viewers even if he's (Trump) is an imbecile.
It's right there in the CNN article that is linked.
Trump doesn't like O'Reilly's guests that are "anti-Trump" (in Trumps viewpoint) AND
Trump wants to tell O'Reilly what questions to ask him. That's not exactly the way Media is supposed to work. FOX and O'Reilly are interviewing all the Candidates - both Democrat and Republican that agree to come on their shows. They don't allow the Candidates to tell them what to ask in the interviews.

Only The Donald and The Obama seem to think this is the way Interviews should be conducted.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:40 AM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
Univision?

No, it might be "Trumpvision".
Wouldn't surprise me if he started his own network.
Lord knows he has funding to do that.
He could campaign there, run his shows from there etc.

Bob.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:46 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Why keep making up stuff. If he is that bad, you should be able to find some legitimates reasons and not have to grasp at straws. Its an electronic age, and propaganda doesn't work anymore. You can always find the real story in minutes.
Um, here's the REAL story. Look at the video at about the 4 minute mark - where the camera in the back of the room looks out over an auditorium maybe 1/3rd full as Trump speaks. It was supposed to be a meeting directed at minority business people but almost all of the few people there were lily-white.

Trump promises plan, sees small turnout in Charleston | Politics - WPTZ Home

Not a good turnout at all - probably because it WAS directed at minority folks. They just plain didn't show up.

Maybe you should have taken your own advice and taken the few minutes necessary to find that "real" story - instead of merely claiming that the other poster was "making things up" without checking out the claim first.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 09-24-2015 at 10:54 AM..

Old 09-24-2015, 10:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The war between Donald Trump and Fox News is back on

"Fox News has been treating me very unfairly & I have therefore decided that I won't be doing any more Fox shows for the foreseeable future."
Top republican candidate just lost their voice on that channel

Good for you Mr Trump

Donald Trump challenged by Fox News over his 'boycott' - Sep. 23, 2015
and you think this is good for Trump? It just shows how thin his skin is and how quickly he may have to break his pledge and run as a third party, which will of course do nothing for him, but could assure Hillary or Biden the Whitehouse.

and I noticed in another one of your millon posts on the subject, you say he has good character. If there is one thing he doesn't have that would be it. He might b able to run a company, he might be able to fool people into thinking he can move the earth and he might have enough money to buy a network, buy the Presidency or who know what else, but strong and honorable he is not!!!!!!

Last edited by nmnita; 09-24-2015 at 11:14 AM..

Old 09-24-2015, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
You are way behind the curve. The Fox audience is not what it used to be. After their disastrous coverage of the 2012 election where they assured conservatives of a sure win, which even Romney fell for, I stopped watching them. The joke is Karl Rove still thinks Romney is going to win the election. He is waiting for the outlying counties to come in. And don’t get me started with Dick Morris.
Well how do you explain they are still the top watched cable network in almost all time slots and are watched not only by older Amerians but middle aged ones as well? You talk abou Morris, he is long gone for heaven's sake. BTW, Rove is not a Romney supporter, but he is a mainstream Republican supporter. I don't like him either, but at least I watch enough to know how he feels, you obviously, by not watching FOX have no idea what you are talking about on this subject. You might know a lot about other issues, not FOX.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I watch enough of FNC to know that they are heavily GOP slanted. Can't believe anyone would disagree with this.
They are certainly a lot more balanced than say MSNBC but of course you are right, they are right side slanted. I would consider them right side, similar to CNN left side.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:57 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
No, it might be "Trumpvision".
Wouldn't surprise me if he started his own network.
Lord knows he has funding to do that.
He could campaign there, run his shows from there etc.

Bob.
I dont understand this whole obsession over Trumps wealth, you know what Rich people dont do, **** away their money. He might talk big but he is not going to start his own network, not going to run without any financial backing as a third party candidate.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:57 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
I watch FOX news so I an see their side- means nothing to me- I watch many networks including the Brits - to stay informed from all sides

Old 09-24-2015, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Bucking Fox opens up a whole new group of people to consider voting for him.
But they are not Republicans and he needs to win the Republican vote to win the nomination. So what good will it do if he attracts those who can't help him that much? This makes no sense to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections