Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2015, 09:57 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times

Advertisements

Wow, he says so many stupid things it's almost impossible to keep up. The latest.

Carson has been saying all week that the victims in Oregon should have taken the gunman down, and how he would "not just stand there and let him shoot me." Then he goes on the recount the time he was held up in a restaurant. What did he do when he found himself in that situation?

"So what happened when Carson allegedly faced just such a threat? He directed the gunman’s attention to an employee of the fast food restaurant.

“I just said, ‘I believe that you want the guy behind the counter,’” Carson said."

Ben Carson: I got held up once at Popeye’s — but I told the gunman to rob an employee, instead

So his response was, go shoot that guy over there, not me. How very heroic of him.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:49 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
He doubled down on that comment today; and he then admitted he knew nothing about the man who actually DID basically throw himself on the shooter.

I swear, that man gets dumber every time he speaks. I cannot imagine him dealing with foreign dignitaries.

What an embarrassment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Are we still talking about Carson or have we transitioned the thread to Trump somehow?
Oh, I was referring to Carson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
I am sure you folks are just to culturally disadvantaged to understand what Ben was attempting to get across to people, but, I get it. The instruction that is given to these schools is to "shelter in place" and wait for help to arrive. Now, given that these crazies like to attack people in "gun free zones" with signs outside to announce such a policy, this directive is wrong and has been causing many lives to be lost. If students were told that their chances of survival was to rush to fool with the gun at the same time he may very well be stopped and disarmed, as evidenced by the three guys on the train in france. It may well be that if every school would announce such a policy that these freaky crazy fools would think twice before going to a school to shoot people that he knew had been told to attack him instead of hiding under a table or whatever. Common sense!! Sorry I forgot who I was trying to get to think a little bit.

Nothing you said was part of that discussion. Nothing. Other than "i wouldn't just stand there; I would get people together . . . " blah blah blah.

NOTHING about 'sheltering in place". Nothing. He was living out a conservative fantasy and blaming the victims. PERIOD.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:55 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Please.
You all hate him because he's a black Republican who is self-made.
You're twisting his words.
You're not even trying to conceal your double standard or extreme partisanship.
And the more you all try to deny it, the more obvious it becomes.
IF when you say 'you all' ~ you are referring to me as a poster on this thread - your premise is a LIE.

You can repeat it over and over and over - and it is still a LIE.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:56 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
When I have heard Carson on TV, quite frankly I'm surprised he is a Doctor. His views seem rather ignorant for such an educated man. He also could put you to sleep listening to him. He sounds like he doesn't have enough energy to speak a sentence. I couldn't possibly see this man being President, anymore than I could see Trump. I think its a clear sign of how bad things really are in the USA, when we can't get really qualified appealing people to run for President. It is very obvious with this coming election.
If Obama can do it, anyone can.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:57 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
If Obama can do it, anyone can.

Thank You for knowing true stupidity!

Old 10-08-2015, 11:18 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:

Nothing you said was part of that discussion. Nothing. Other than "i wouldn't just stand there; I would get people together . . . " blah blah blah.

NOTHING about 'sheltering in place". Nothing. He was living out a conservative fantasy and blaming the victims. PERIOD.
Dr. Carson obviously believes that his past experience makes him an expert on this matter.

Although, it appears that he took a somewhat different action when actually confronted by someone with a gun:

““I have had a gun held on me when I was in a Popeyes,” Carson told host Karen Hunter on SiriusXM radio, referencing an incident at a Baltimore fast-food restaurant.
“[A] guy comes in, put the gun in my ribs,” he added. “And I just said, ‘I believe that you want the guy behind the counter.’”"

Carson: I faced a gunman | TheHill

Old 10-08-2015, 11:29 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,773 times
As inarticulate and insensitive as his comments were, what he says has become a reality nowadays. We see it on aircraft and we have seen it on that train in France where the 3 Americans and 1 British citizen rushed that gunman. It is the last ditch effort of those who know they are about to die and they just go for it. At first, people didn't do it on aircraft. Now people think ahead and are quick to react in this way. I think soon, it will be the same in schools. These kids are left to be shot like fish in a barrel. Kids of all ages and college students need to incorporate the mentality of those who fly and take mass transportation. It is a sad, sad world we live in.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:37 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:

He was not, he said what HE would do. I would do the same. Sheltering in place makes you a victim.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:40 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
No, we equate education with sounding educated. Carson blows that assumption out of the water every time he speaks.
As does whoever authors these posts.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:44 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Look at all the little liberal racists coming out the woodwork.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections