Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 06:10 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times

Advertisements

Another day on CD where liberal says a racial slur and reactionaries jump at the chance to broad brush like salivating dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 06:11 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Goes to show how the real racists act.. always pointing to skin and then name calling. Liberals love to keep racism alive. They do a good job just like Obama.
Only difference is that this Professor is Black herself. A black using that term is far different than a "Lily White" person using that term..It appears she used that term because of his Political suggestions, blaming the victims for not fighting back and somehow offended the victims and survivors of a MASS shooting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Coon is an insulting word in the same realm as the n-word. Nothing wrong with selling a thread, I guess.
I know...A black person using that term is not so racially offensive when it comes from one of their own race/colour or creed. However..it's the Conservative stance right now that ( according to Trump)" ENOUGH OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS"..Same folks now trying to learn them there folks of what they are allowed to say and vernacular allowed..Makes me LOL actually...

Old 10-07-2015, 06:21 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Exactly!

As happy rider said: Liberalism trumps, no pun intended, everything.

...and as I've said:

When ideology displaces logic these people look like idiots to anyone but other idiots.

I'd say it's been universally accepted that this woman is indeed an idiot.
Well this idiot is a tax payer funded idiot teaching the young who are able to vote.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:24 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Well this idiot is a tax payer funded idiot teaching the young who are able to vote.
Alumni should send letters and make calls. This reflects on them, too, as well as the reputation of a fine institution as a whole. Not sure whether what she did complies with the University's statement of responsible conduct -- The website speaks of pursuing their mission and ensuring "the continued excellence of the University and its reputation." I don't see how these hate-filled comments enhance the University's reputation.

http://www.upenn.edu/audit/oacp_principles.htm

For those who wish to share their thoughts, pro or con, with Prof Butler: antheab@sas.upenn.edu

Those who wish to share their thoughts with the Department head, copy Justin McDaniel
at jmcdan@sas.upenn.edu

Maybe something good can come of this. Perhaps an apology? I don't expect anything more than that.

Last edited by swbtoo; 10-07-2015 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: links

Old 10-07-2015, 06:24 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,064 times
I'm black and have been called many vile names by the left because I'm conservative and left their plantation. On this site, the mods seem to approve of that (the name-calling and personal attacks on black conservatives).

Old 10-07-2015, 06:27 PM

LOL, liberal media is trying to cover her ass now.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:31 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
She did not call Carson anything. It was Breitbart who makes that assertion.

It is simply not what she said.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
She did not call Carson anything. It was Breitbart who makes that assertion.

It is simply not what she said.
Dr. Anthea Butler, was responding to a tweet from a reporter about a Sports Illustrated article in which Carson said he thinks NASCAR fans should be allowed to fly the Confederate flag on private property.

At a NASCAR event, Carson received an informal endorsement from racing legend Richard Petty, which likely spurred Butler’s tweet.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:36 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
No. Nononononono. No. Not speaking for this liberal. Carson is so easy to attack on the issues - that sort of name-calling is way, way out of line.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:37 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
At a NASCAR event, Carson received an informal endorsement from racing legend Richard Petty, which likely spurred Butler’s tweet.
And her interest in an award leaves all sorts of things unanswered. But Breitbart and OP rushed in and made it clear what the right wing thinks. But that is not what she said.

It is a standard right wing tactic. You don't deal with what is said...you erect a strawman you like better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections