Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 08:38 PM

587 posts, read 379,690 times

Advertisements

While I don't agree with Carson's confederate flag views I think the comment was inappropriate.

I also don't like that the liberal media is ignoring the whole issue. That's ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 09:16 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
The liberals are gathering all their pathetic excuses right now, soon to be regurgitated by the lemming left of this forum. It's rare to see denunciation about racist comment from the left from any liberals.

MLK would be ashamed

Old 10-08-2015, 12:16 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,343,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
This whole thing is right wing irrationality. If a black professor wants to go after a black who she believes is selling out the race it is her right. And the target has every right to hit back if he or she chooses to. It is when the mostly white right wing jumps in to help that things get screwed up.

Carson can ably defend himself.

The Lady has claws.

But the right wing has no role...however the RWN jumps in as if it was personally insulted.

And the lady would likely suggest the RWNs have the award...and give it to the whitest black they can find.
Your use of the simplistic term "right wing" only serves to illustrate that you have no grasp of the diversity within those of us who don't buy into spoon-fed Politically Correct dogma; you don't even know what you're talking about -- only that those leading you around by the nose don't like it.

Feel free to try again when you've matured beyond the stereotyping you mistakenly attribute to your opposition.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:42 AM

7,081 posts, read 8,950,769 times
Ben Carson will be called an "Uncle Tom" for being a republican just like Herman Cain was in 2012.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:25 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,917 times
Quote:

And the lady would likely suggest the RWNs have the award...and give it to the whitest black they can find.

And who would that be? Maybe the guy raised by white people in a mostly white neighborhood, who had no real connection to any black people and certainly wasn't raised in any form of black American culture and keeps himself surrounded by nothing but white advisers? A "black man" who doesn't have a single solitary African American slave anywhere in his bloodline? A black man who, unlike 99.9% of African Americans, knows where his African blood comes from and yet has no real connection to Africa aside from that blood? And what "black man" might that be?

Old 10-08-2015, 06:36 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,398,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
So, you do not share her opinion, but defend her right to believe it? I can agree with this, but only if it extends to everyone else without caveat.

Reading HER words reveals she bundles all white men in her racist and bigoted rant. Seems to hate anyone other than black women. Quite a healthy attitude for a person who teaches religious studies... right?
People are allowed to say and do a lot of stupid things in this country. It doesn't mean they represent huge swaths of similar people. I don't know who she is and don't really care, frankly.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:48 AM

553 posts, read 617,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
..... .... ....

I'm SHOCKED that an uber-liberal professor would say such things! <gasp>

If ever there were an example of unabashed hypocrisy and terminal racism, it would be this.

...and we wonder why our higher education system is all screwed up? She's pulling down 6 figures, on the backs of tax payers, while spewing her nonsense.

So, you do not share her opinion, but defend her right to believe it? I can agree with this, but only if it extends to everyone else without caveat.

Reading HER words reveals she bundles all white men in her racist and bigoted rant. Seems to hate anyone other than black women. Quite a healthy attitude for a person who teaches religious studies... right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Well this idiot is a tax payer funded idiot teaching the young who are able to vote.
Penn is private.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:01 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,056,625 times
Quote:
This whole thing is right wing irrationality. If a black professor wants to go after a black who she believes is selling out the race it is her right. And the target has every right to hit back if he or she chooses to. It is when the mostly white right wing jumps in to help that things get screwed up.

Carson can ably defend himself.

The Lady has claws.

But the right wing has no role...however the RWN jumps in as if it was personally insulted.

In other words, it's okay for only some people to insult others with racial slurs.

Pathetic and shameful.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:03 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
I'm black and have been called many vile names by the left because I'm conservative and left their plantation. On this site, the mods seem to approve of that (the name-calling and personal attacks on black conservatives).
This ^^^ is worth repeating. I am not black but I find it offensive that this is allowed here and I bring it into every thread that I read that is yet just another racist attack toward blacks. Some have been really horrible and a bunch of people of the lowest caliber jump into to express their ignorant, inappropriate and uncalled for remarks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Ben Carson is not the "whitest" black. Both parents are black, he was raised by his black mother, he lived in a Detroit ghetto, and his black single mother with a third-grade education managed to raise two sons that went on to get degrees in the hard sciences (neurosurgeon and astrophysicist). That's quite an accomplishment, for all three. He is active in his church, has written several books, and from what I understand has given out many scholarships to help young people of color achieve great things. He also has given speeches and been very well respected in the black community for years. It's only lately that many black people seem to have turned their backs on him, which I think is sad. I can really like a person even if I don't agree with that person's politics, but it seems like that's not the case for a lot of people.
At this time, most will just attack anything about a person in order to promote their candidate. I saw the movie about Ben Carson's life, Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story (TV Movie 2009) - IMDb This is an excellent movie and well worth watching whether you support Ben Carson or just are able to respect him for the man he has become.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
NASCAR fans are the ones who ought to be insulted. She was mocking them with a word that southern rednecks used at one time.
Actually, not sure where you are from but I heard the term as a child and since and it wasn't from "southern rednecks" but from people who were just ignorant and un-Godly. It also doesn't matter if it is black-black when it comes to derogatory words. It is some how sadder when it is someone of your own race stirring up something like this. I see no problem with the thread title because that was the word used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgarcita View Post
While I don't agree with Carson's confederate flag views I think the comment was inappropriate.

I also don't like that the liberal media is ignoring the whole issue. That's ridiculous.
OK, something I would have bet my life would never happen, I agree with Pulgarcita.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:07 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
When Anthea Butler was critisized for the quote below her defense was that she was using "god" with a lowercase "g" she was not referring to an actual deity, like the "Christian God." She added that conservative Christians got "touchy" about her post because she "hit on some things that are kind of true."

"God ain’t good all of the time. In fact, sometimes, God is not for us. As a black woman in a nation that has taken too many pains to remind me that I am not a white man, and am not capable of taking care of my reproductive rights, or my voting rights, I know that this American god ain’t my god. As a matter of fact, I think he’s a white racist god with a problem. More importantly, he is carrying a gun and stalking young black men."
Ms Butler: what IS this about white dudes stalking Black dudes to kill them? Why do your kind like as in half blind fools keep AVOIDING the the truth the REAL killers of your brothers are other Black dudes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections