Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 07:15 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,781,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
So says Anthea Butler, a University of Pennsylvia religious studies professor:

Prof. Anthea Butler Says Ben Carson Deserves 'Coon' Award

This ignorant crack goes to show that many blacks can be as racist against other blacks as any other group.

I'm sure if the saying had been by anyone else, there would be tons more anger and outburst...Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, and all the other prominent figures in the black community would be calling for a termination of this professor's job..

And this is coming from me, a black woman....

This irrelevant professor really should shut her trap and realize the ignorance and racism of her statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 07:52 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yeah, you're starting to freak me out. Every time you agree with me I have to go back and make sure I didn't misstate myself.

Tell you what, you go first and show me how it's done by having the integrity to call the GOP out for their misdeeds.
At least that's closer to some sort of an agreement than most posters seem willing to make.

The truth is the truth and it matters little who goes first. Both parties have been losing integrity for decades, and the last thing they (the political class) want is for you, and I, and both sides, to start agreeing on facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
This ignorant crack goes to show that many blacks can be as racist against other blacks as any other group.
How can a black person be racist when that is reserved only for white people?

Blacks tend to vote Democrat because the party, as a whole, pushes the belief that blacks are justified for their racism. It's just another contradiction to their tolerance meme.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:05 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,731,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Alumni should send letters and make calls. This reflects on them, too, as well as the reputation of a fine institution as a whole. Not sure whether what she did complies with the University's statement of responsible conduct -- The website speaks of pursuing their mission and ensuring "the continued excellence of the University and its reputation." I don't see how these hate-filled comments enhance the University's reputation.

Auditing at Penn

For those who wish to share their thoughts, pro or con, with Prof Butler: antheab@sas.upenn.edu

Those who wish to share their thoughts with the Department head, copy Justin McDaniel
at jmcdan@sas.upenn.edu

Maybe something good can come of this. Perhaps an apology? I don't expect anything more than that.
I didn't bother contacting her, anyone that would say something like that is beyond hope.
But I did contact her Department head and the president of Penn.

Here is President Gutmann's contact information if anyone else wants to contact her:
presweb@pobox.upenn.edu

Old 10-08-2015, 08:15 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,781,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
How can a black person be racist when that is reserved only for white people?

Blacks tend to vote Democrat because the party, as a whole, pushes the belief that blacks are justified for their racism. It's just another contradiction to their tolerance meme.

The malice-laden sarcasm and race generalizations, truthfully, don't help....

Old 10-08-2015, 08:17 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
thanks OP for revising the thread title.....appropriate and not race baiting.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:18 AM

30,377 posts, read 19,177,636 times
She's a racist Democrat....which by the way, there is no other kind of Democrat.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:28 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
She's a racist Democrat....which by the way, there is no other kind of Democrat.
nice broad brush there sean hannity

Old 10-08-2015, 08:29 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,448,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
nice broad brush there sean hannity
Truth hurts, I know, but it will be ok.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:55 AM

4 posts, read 2,318 times
I am curious, when she is not calling our peaceful neighbors demeaning despicable names, has *Professor Anthea Butler* ever addressed America's expanding and shameful *National Epidemic of Child Abuse and Neglect,* aka *Poverty*, that for decades has deprived untold numbers of depressed children from experiencing and enjoying a safe, fairly happy American kid childhood.

Is Professor Anthea Butler aware that child victims of America's expanding and shameful *National Epidemic of Child Abuse and Neglect,* aka *Poverty*, often develop into angry, frustrated, unpredictable, emotionally depressed teens and adults lacking empathy and compassion for their peaceful neighbors, because their lives suck so why shouldn't their neighbor's lives suck too!

Does Professor Anthea Butler recognize there is a substantial population of young immature teen girls and women creating life before acquiring the skills, PATIENCE and means to properly raise, nurture and supervise a developing young child who matures into a fairly happy teen and adult enjoying safe streets to play on or travel.

Is Professor Anthea Butler one of many highly educated Americans who hold blameless young immature teen moms for failing and emotionally harming their children...while the police, criminal justice and correctional systems are charged with protecting peaceful people from depressed, angry, frustrated, unpredictable teens and adults who were victims of EARLY childhood abuse and/or neglect at the hands of immature, impatient teen girls, young women and/or irresponsible men?

What is Professor Anthea Butler opinion of the May 2015 NYTimes article *Rise in Suicide by Black Children Surprises Researchers*?
By SABRINA TAVERNISE

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/19/he...tudy-says.html

Has Professor Anthea Butler ever asked herself, "Who is responsible for physically and/or emotionally traumatizing children to the point young kids believe their lives are not worth living?"

Speaking At The Eulogy For The Honorable Reverend Clementa Pinckney, President Barack Obama asked:

*"Perhaps it causes us to examine what we’re doing to cause some of our children to hate?"* (Applause.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T_GwYI7MnQ

I am still waiting for Mr. Obama to provide the American people with an answer to his question.

Does Professor Anthea Butler share Milwaukee Sheriff David Clarke's sound advice offered to all Americans, *"Fix the ghetto!"*?

#TakePrideInParenting
#EndChildAbuseNeglect
#ProtectKidsFromIrresponsibleCaregivers

Old 10-09-2015, 04:23 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Gotta love how one person saying something stupid means that they suddenly represent all "liberals."
Well, isn't that what liberals do when someone considered to be a "right-wing extremist" says something stupid? All "right-wingers" take on the guilt of the offending party. This has been going on since it became fashionable to label conservatives as ignorant, anti-"progress", anti-science, "flat-earthers," who wish to live in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections