Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 12:12 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times

Advertisements

"And I have a secret plan that will make all of this come true! Vote for me and don't forget to buy my Trump tie to go with your Trump dress shirt. On sale now for a low low price of four payments of $19.95. First fifty callers also get this new state of the art Trump bottle opener, just pay shipping."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 01:27 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
"And I have a secret plan that will make all of this come true! Vote for me and don't forget to buy my Trump tie to go with your Trump dress shirt. On sale now for a low low price of four payments of $19.95. First fifty callers also get this new state of the art Trump bottle opener, just pay shipping."

You know, you do have a thought-provoking point. Trump is selling lots of caps, tee shirts, and Now, hawkin' this book. That truly would be the ''last straw'' if Trump was hustling us All?!!

Even if Trump doesn't win a primary State, he'll have made TON's of $$ off merchandise. Gosh

Old 10-08-2015, 03:19 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,940 times
It's a good little essay, but it's just more "sound and fury, signifying nothing," as the Bard said.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:44 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
Trump isn't offering solutions just pointing out problems.
Did you miss this?

"In this book, I outline my vision....."

Old 10-08-2015, 06:31 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
That truly would be the ''last straw'' if Trump was hustling us All?!!
Would you be upset if I said I don't believe you?

Oh, my countertop is getting dusty. Where did I put my Pledge?

Mick

Old 10-08-2015, 07:27 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Trump is playing the same games. All talk and no action plans.
You keep saying that. He has offered more than all others combined. Just because you don’t like his plans doesn’t mean he doesn’t have one.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:38 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Trump is playing the same games. All talk and no action plans.

Oh he has recommendations how he'd do things and they all sound like he pulled them out of his ass.......stuff he'd come up with at one of his cocktail parties after already have a few beverages........

Old 10-08-2015, 07:50 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
It's fascinating how so many here are taken in by vague platitudes. "It’s time for action. Americans are fed up with politics as usual."

OK, what action is Mr. Trump going to take that's different? OK, he doesn't like politics as usual, what does that specifically mean and what is he going to do differently?

So far, all he has issued that was specific was his tax plan, that is the same old GOP tax plan, cut taxes on the rich, which grows the debt by trillions.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:04 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
You keep saying that. He has offered more than all others combined. Just because you don’t like his plans doesn’t mean he doesn’t have one.
Quote:
Platitude
A platitude is a trite, meaningless, or prosaic statement, generally directed at quelling social, emotional, or cognitive unease. The word derives from plat, French word for "flat." Platitudes are geared towards presenting a shallow, unifying wisdom over a difficult topic. However, they are too overused and general to be anything more than undirected statements with ultimately little meaningful contribution towards a solution.
There is no "plan" in his statement.
"Bring America back to its rightful owners—the American people" - is not a plan. It's a platitude.

I’m not going to play the same game politicians have been playing for decades—all talk, no action, while special interests and lobbyists dictate our laws. I am shaking up the establishment on both sides of the political aisle because I can’t be bought. I want to bring America back, to make it great and prosperous again, and to be sure we are respected by our allies and feared by our adversaries. - is not a plan. It's a platitude.

It’s time for action. Americans are fed up with politics as usual. - is not a plan. It's a platitude.

And they should be! In this book, I outline my vision to make America great again, including: how to fix our failing economy; how to reform health care so it is more efficient, cost-effective, and doesn’t alienate both doctors and patients; how to rebuild our military and start winning wars—instead of watching our enemies take over—while keeping our promises to our great veterans; how to ensure that our education system offers the resources that allow our students to compete internationally, so tomorrow’s jobseekers have the tools they need to succeed; and how to immediately bring jobs back to America by closing our doors to illegal immigrants, and pressuring businesses to produce their goods at home.
-none of those have any specifics. Those are platitudes.

How is Mr. Trump going to rebuild our military? Who says it need any rebuilding in the first place?

How is he going to fix the economy? More tax-cuts for billionaires?

Old 10-08-2015, 08:36 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
You know, you do have a thought-provoking point. Trump is selling lots of caps, tee shirts, and Now, hawkin' this book. That truly would be the ''last straw'' if Trump was hustling us All?!!

Even if Trump doesn't win a primary State, he'll have made TON's of $$ off merchandise. Gosh
GOSH - THE HYPOCRISY! ALL the campaigns are selling merchandise. ALL of them. From Jeb's $25 guac bowl, to Rubio's $30 water bottle, to Hillary's $35 hat, to Sanders $25 t-shirt and all the rest of them. Hillary's even got 2 pages of merchandise. If someone wants to purchase something from the candidate of their choice, what's the problem?

Are they all hustling us? The lows Trump haters stoop to is ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections