Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 12:28 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I see no reason for him to dropout unless he is broke.But he now has to realise that he wouldn't get much press or be on the news as he is basically gone from the race.
Although in future GOP debates he will get more air time. I still chuckle when I picture McCain's face when Paul asked him about the Financial Markets Group (plunge protection team) and McCain didn't even have a clue what it was.

Lets not forget, Paul still has more cash than McCain or Huckabee, a devout following, and brings issues that should be heard.

Ron Paul's biggest problem is that he brings up issues that many don't want to think about, like the cost of the Iraq war or in depth discussion on the relation of the falling dollar and growing economic crisis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 12:31 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,482,638 times
Default Good points....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Although in future GOP debates he will get more air time. I still chuckle when I picture McCain's face when Paul asked him about the Financial Markets Group (plunge protection team) and McCain didn't even have a clue what it was.

Lets not forget, Paul still has more cash than McCain or Huckabee, a devout following, and brings issues that should be heard.

Ron Paul's biggest problem is that he brings up issues that many don't want to think about, like the cost of the Iraq war or in depth discussion on the relation of the falling dollar and growing economic crisis.
Talk about keeping their head in the sand like an ostrich!

Old 02-07-2008, 12:37 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,159,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post

Suicide Terrorism Expert Professor Robert Pape Named Ron Paul 2008 Foreign Policy Advisor — Ron Paul 2008

He just hired on some Middle East experts.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:39 PM

607 posts, read 923,085 times
I expect Ron Paul to have a strong showing in Texas, since Romney is now gone and most people here will not vote for McCain. Is it possible all the Romney delegates would eventually move to Ron Paul? I don't really like seeing Yahoo! News headlines that read "McCain seals GOP Nomination"

Old 02-07-2008, 12:42 PM

140 posts, read 294,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twojciac View Post
The man who has helped us bring the Constitution, government spending, taxation, and liberty into the national discourse should quit? Why? This is the best $2000 that I've spent in a long time.
You sent him $2,000!!?!? How can you have $2k just to give away like this? What kind of work/business do you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
Sorry to burst some bubbles here, but he has good ideas on some things, he is just irrelevant in my opinion..
He is irrelevant because the media shuts him out and because he is too extreme on many aspects. But be warned: Paul has a HUGE following online and in the blogs. Say anything and risk death!! (or at least some negative points in your score card thing)! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Ron Paul is good for helping to bring some issues to light and get the candidates talking about something other than the same BS, but he has about as much of a chance of being President as I have winning Miss Teen USA.
Yes, I like the fact he is bring the value of the Dollar as an issue. That is awesome. He is a great person, but as I said too extreme and the liberal media wants this man dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Why? He sure has plenty of money and ideas to continue.
He does have the cash. After all, someone in this forum gave him $2k!!! LOL He does raise money because his base of support is very committed... almost.... fanatical.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Ron Paul and Huckabee should both drop out and throw their support behind Romney. He is the lesser of two evils and more conservative than McCain. We don't want McCain in there so let's stop fragmenting the conservatives among 3 people (2 of which don't have a chance) while McCain sails into first place! It's time to unite and get the closet thing to a Republican we can elect nominated!
Yes, they could have helped Mitt, but now it is all over. Disaster has strcuk, he quit. All we have no is Hucka, with an actual chance of winning, that is.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:43 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecow1 View Post
I expect Ron Paul to have a strong showing in Texas, since Romney is now gone and most people here will not vote for McCain. Is it possible all the Romney delegates would eventually move to Ron Paul? I don't really like seeing Yahoo! News headlines that read "McCain seals GOP Nomination"
I have no idea how many of the Romney supporters will end up in Paul's house but I suspect more will likely head to Huckabee's.

Thing about Romney I didn't care for was his attitudes towards Paul, even after Paul defended him against attacks on his religious views. Then again, in Romney land, its all about the mittmiester.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:44 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Poor Straight Talk. The MSM can focus on him from now through November. He's toast.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:45 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,159,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecow1 View Post
From what I've seen, a lot of Romney's delegates are from caucus states and in NV for sure, they aren't bound by the primary vote. As long as Paul can sway the delegates to vote for him instead of McCain, he should be in good shape.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:05 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,840,120 times
Ron Paul can't drop out now. We need him in the race more than ever. He must take advantage of Romney's exit and make a grab for the delegates. That way he may have a good chance to sway the GOP convention.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:12 PM

47 posts, read 42,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Poor Straight Talk. The MSM can focus on him from now through November. He's toast.
you're probably right

Nah, I think he'll just stay so he can get more air time now that there are just 3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections