Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 04:26 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Who if anyone here would have a problem with Carson as a Vice President?
We would have the same problem with Carson being Vice President as we had with Sarah Palin being Vice President--namely, an idiot spouting word salad being one heartbeat away from the Presidency.

Old 10-24-2015, 04:48 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
The purpose of that office is to provide a reserve POTUS. So if a candidate is unqualified to be President then, of course, he or she is also unqualified to be Vice President.
Nutjobs need not apply. Would rather have a VP with experience to help the President with decision making. I was critical of GWB during his terms, but having Cheney was a good move on his part.

Old 10-24-2015, 05:31 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Nutjobs need not apply. Would rather have a VP with experience to help the President with decision making. I was critical of GWB during his terms, but having Cheney was a good move on his part.
Reminded me of:

Obama: "Dick Cheney said I was the worst president in history. No, Mr. Cheney, YOU were the worst president in history." (paraphrased from a recent White House Correspondents Dinner). That's pretty funny.

Mick

Old 10-24-2015, 06:12 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
There's one everyone overlooks: Lindsey Graham. Lindsey doesn't have a SUPER-PAC. He doesn't "look presidential." The GOP ignore him and want to elect another Bush because it's always a popularity contest, just like in high school. The popular vote really doesn't matter.
Lindsey Graham would make an okay Secretary of Defense or some kind of military advisor. His temperament has changed a lot since the time he acted like "Guy shrieking in Britney Spears video" when McCain/Kennedy Immigration bill didn't pass. I looked for that Graham as drama queen video everywhere but couldn't find it even though it is referenced in 2007 news articles.

He's not going anywhere even in his own state but since he started this 2016 campaign, I kind of like him as a person more now, even if he is a Senator. I like how he reacted with humor to the phone incident.

But, I don't want him as President. Just like Rubio, I don't want him anywhere near dealing with illegal immigration.

Old 10-24-2015, 06:22 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Carson will not be our next President. Period. End of story.Why? Because there's a significant number of Americans who, if they were hooked up to a polygraph, would reveal they simply can not handle to idea of an African-American being this country's chief executive.
I agree, particularly since he would need a large majority of Republican votes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
..but again there are a lot of Alpha-males that have a core belief that white males are the only humans that should hold any power or lead.
Again I agree with you but my husband claims these guys aren't alpha at all, they are just pitiful insecure guys who are afraid someone will take away their "man card" if they vote for a woman.

Old 10-24-2015, 06:45 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
if history is any indication, our next president should be an R but I just don't see it. It's still early though but at this time it is anyone but an R for me. Peace out.
I suppose that depends upon when you history begins for you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

Old 10-24-2015, 07:57 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
She's not just a bulldog, but a bulldog with an incredible grasp of the issues. - She didn't read some briefing book like Carson might; she lived and lives this stuff! The way she recited information at the hearing yesterday was amazing. We got a glimpse of it at the debates too, but her competition was so weak it did not come out that much. She will make Carson look like an ignorant, unqualified amateur (which is what he is, of course). She will do the same to Trump. There are two Republicans who might be able to look half way informed next to her and they are Bush and Kasich. I am sure you don't like her policies and positions, but I doubt there has been a person better qualified to be President in many, many years.
hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha......based on what?!?!

Old 10-24-2015, 08:19 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Here's My Concern With Ben Carson....

You mean you have only one? Seriously?

Mick

Old 10-24-2015, 08:37 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I suppose that depends upon when you history begins for you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States
Ha, thanks!!!

Old 10-24-2015, 09:01 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Lindsey Graham would make an okay Secretary of Defense or some kind of military advisor. His temperament has changed a lot since the time he acted like "Guy shrieking in Britney Spears video" when McCain/Kennedy Immigration bill didn't pass. I looked for that Graham as drama queen video everywhere but couldn't find it even though it is referenced in 2007 news articles.

He's not going anywhere even in his own state but since he started this 2016 campaign, I kind of like him as a person more now, even if he is a Senator. I like how he reacted with humor to the phone incident.

But, I don't want him as President. Just like Rubio, I don't want him anywhere near dealing with illegal immigration.
LauraC, I was right where you are eight or even four years ago; I wouldn't have looked twice at Graham UNLESS McCain had chosen him as VP instead of Palin, in which case we'd likely be living in a very different, safer world right this minute.

If nothing else, Secretary of Defense would be a perfect slot. His CV/record is outstanding; he's a terrific orator and debater because he's sharp as a tack; and he just isn't afraid of or uninformed on anything.

This guy has been around long enough (22 years in the House, 13 in the Senate, an attorney in the Army until he retired after 30+ years) and has worked through enough recent history to be able to predict with reasonable certainty how the future will look. And he's only 60.

At the very least, maybe the GOP could recruit him to teach Advanced Crash Courses to the other candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections