Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 09:12 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,760,015 times

Advertisements

Every country pulled out of Benghazi, even the red cross pulled out because they knew there was going to be an attack. But Hillary couldn't be bothered. Then Hillary lies to the American people. And this is who the left wants as Commander in Chief?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2015, 09:25 AM

Its 3 am and your children are safely asleep but in the White House the phone is ringing. There is something happening in the world and your vote will decide who answers that call. whether its someone who already knows the worlds leaders, knows the military, someone tested and ready to lead in a dangerous world. It's 3am your children are asleep. Who do you want answering this call?

Hillary failed the test!

Old 10-26-2015, 09:35 AM

The Secretary of State, appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate, is the President’s chief foreign affairs adviser. The Secretary carries out the President’s foreign policies through the State Department and the Foreign Service of the United States.

How can she advise if she doesn't know what's going on? It was her main responsibility and she didn't know that other countries were pulling their people out, that the red cross pulled their people out because they knew there was going to be an attack?

Old 10-26-2015, 09:49 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
So a citizen that had no control of the family he was born into should have rights taken away from them because of what family members before them did in the past?
If you had read the entire exchange, you would know that my suggestion of 25 years is considerably less than what the OP wants. I tossed out 25 years as a more reasonable proposal for a constitutional amendment. I'm actually not worried about ever having to vote on such an amendment, but I do think the concern about consolidating political power within a few families is a reasonable concern, and is a good thing to discuss.

I think it is not that weird that interest and talent run in families, so no, I don't think that because granddad held office, G P Bush, for example, should be prohibited from holding office. OTOH, there are lots of important offices and appointed positions besides President, and it may be that the public good is served by some limitations on individual rights - that is, after all, a decision we make all the time.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:52 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,635,783 times
well, Hillary supporters need to prepare for some MAJOR disappointment.

Favorability Ratings Show Hillary Clinton Is Unelectable and Bernie Sanders Wins a General Election

Favorability Ratings Show Hillary Clinton Is Unelectable and Bernie Sanders Wins a General Election

Favorability Ratings Show Hillary Clinton Is Unelectable and Bernie Sanders Wins a General Election*|*H. A. Goodman

I won't be voting for Bernie Sanders, but I am very happy for the donkeys.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Every country pulled out of Benghazi, even the red cross pulled out because they knew there was going to be an attack. But Hillary couldn't be bothered. Then Hillary lies to the American people. And this is who the left wants as Commander in Chief?
Umm, this thread is about whether Clinton is eligible to be President after being First Lady. It's an interesting question, please don't disrail it.

There are other active threads discussing her actions as SoS.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, Hillary supporters need to prepare for some MAJOR disappointment.

Favorability Ratings Show Hillary Clinton Is Unelectable and Bernie Sanders Wins a General Election*|*H. A. Goodman

I won't be voting for Bernie Sanders, but I am very happy for the donkeys.
Umm, this thread is about whether Clinton is eligible to be President after being First Lady. It's an interesting question, please don't disrail it.

There are other active threads discussing her current polling.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

There are other active threads discussing her actions as SoS.
Exactly.... oh that eligible, not if she is capable. ok, gotcha

Its 3 am and your children are safely asleep but in the White House the phone is ringing. There is something happening in the world and your vote will decide who answers that call. whether its someone who already knows the worlds leaders, knows the military, someone tested and ready to lead in a dangerous world. It's 3am your children are asleep. Who do you want answering this call?

Hillary failed the test!

Old 10-26-2015, 10:18 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,635,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

There are other active threads discussing her current polling.
Oh my Bad. I can't delete it now, too late.

I saw Hillary + president (can't resist posting what I just posted)

and she is eligible to be president after being first lady. If this is what the thread is all about.

=)

Old 10-26-2015, 10:22 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,249,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The Secretary of State, appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate, is the President’s chief foreign affairs adviser. The Secretary carries out the President’s foreign policies through the State Department and the Foreign Service of the United States.

How can she advise if she doesn't know what's going on? It was her main responsibility and she didn't know that other countries were pulling their people out, that the red cross pulled their people out because they knew there was going to be an attack?
How do you know that? Give us a lnk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections