Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 12:23 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,773,631 times

Advertisements

Everyone is saying how great Rubio was in the debate telling Jeb off, that he won the debate with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMjWDSlUwqo

And the various pundits from ABC to the BBC all the say the same things about it. It's almost like they all got the word from... whoever it is that gives the word, that now Bush is out and Rubio is the man.

Last edited by The Dark Enlightenment; 10-30-2015 at 12:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 12:43 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,283,213 times
funny how liberals are going after Rubio for missing votes when they didn't have a problem with John Kerry in 2004 and Obama in 2008 doing the same thing while running for President.

tell me what was Obama accomplishments as Senator? or even Hillary?

Old 10-30-2015, 01:38 AM

6,233 posts, read 3,617,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Everyone is saying how great Rubio was in the debate telling Jeb off, that he won the debate with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMjWDSlUwqo

And the various pundits from ABC to the BBC all the say the same things about it. It's almost like they all got the word from... whoever it is that gives the word, that now Bush is out and Rubio is the man.
I'm puzzled at this too. They're so impressed that Marco was able to meet the really low expectations people had of him in the first place.

Old 10-30-2015, 03:49 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,831,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach sportsfan View Post
rubio is an empty suit that only cares about his big money donors and rubio. But go right ahead and fall for his young and fresh face. Yesterday he did well because he was ready and prepped for the stupid and obvious questions thrown at him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan View Post
agree...kind of an obama from the right. Little history on the national stage - accomplished little. Can't imagine him being potus, if you ask me.
x2

Old 10-30-2015, 04:20 AM

998 posts, read 666,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
x2
Agree as well, but Rubio is the kind of candidate that middle America eventually falls for and he performs *moderately* well across several demographics. Yes he's mostly an empty suit, but he's young, kind of handsome, and speaks clearly in a non confrontational manner (and he sweats a lot, but we won't go there). He's the kind of guy the GOP will pick, somewhat begrudgingly, and then we'll all watch as he fails us in the general elections (just like Romney and McCain) because when the rubber meets the road, the nation will find that there's just not enough substance or passion behind his campaign.

Carson... I think we all know his campaign will burn out by January or February at the latest. Trump... he's doing well of course. Nobody can deny that. But there's really no precedent of a businessman with no prior elected office taking the White House. Ever. At some point next year, he will probably be overtaken by Rubio as the RNC pick. I know most won't be happy about that, but it's shaping up that way, so we might as well get used to it and "embrace" it.

Old 10-30-2015, 03:52 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,969,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I think the fact that he can't do his Senate job speaks volumes. That his attendance record is so abysmal will definitely be used against him by his opponents on both sides of the aisle.

Sugar Daddy? What? Who is that?
I don't mind him missing votes. That's the consequence of running for president. What bothers me is what he said and his misgivings about being a Senator. What happens if we elect him prez and he ends up not liking the job?

Old 10-31-2015, 05:27 AM

26,550 posts, read 15,122,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Did you know? Marco Rubio still draws his big PayCheck for Senator, but is not showing up for work. Is that not proof Rubio IS NOT Fit 4 Prez.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I'll help you out. Here's a link to what you're referring to and all the hub-bub.

Sen. Marco Rubio should resign, not rip us off - Sun Sentinel

This should do him in.
Obama missed MORE votes and was ENDORSED by the same paper.

I am finally glad that you guys came around and can admit that Obama was never fit to be president. What an awful mistake voting him in was.

Old 10-31-2015, 05:40 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,495,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Obama missed MORE votes and was ENDORSED by the same paper.

I am finally glad that you guys came around and can admit that Obama was never fit to be president. What an awful mistake voting him in was.
Obama wasn't a FL Senator representing Floridians is my guess why they didn't give his voting record any weight.

Old 10-31-2015, 09:04 AM

25,608 posts, read 17,341,290 times
Going after Rubio and using his attendance as an excuse has proven to be a big mistake. Not only are his poll numbers up, but donors are beginning to become convinced that Rubio is the right guy.
Paul Singer, billionaire, as recently come on board.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/31/us...president.html

Part of the reason the left is failing so grandly is the way Rubio handled Jeb, when Jeb tried to attack Rubio. Now, Harry Reid, who has no credibility with any reasonable person, has chimed in.

The whole thing is lame. People are just not a stupid as the left thinks.

Old 10-31-2015, 09:14 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,288,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Rubio is an empty suit that only cares about his big money donors and Rubio. But go right ahead and fall for his young and fresh face. Yesterday he did well because he was ready and prepped for the stupid and obvious questions thrown at him.
True. Wait til the country gets to know him as well as those of us in South Florida do. He'll be as disrespected nationally as he has been here for years.

Analysis: How Marco Rubio deals with debate questions he doesn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections