Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 07:06 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,692,989 times

Advertisements

He's not wrong. Clinton and Rubio both have a terrible record on foreign policy
Quote:
Asked about Clinton, Paul said: "I see her as a neoconservative."

"I see her and Rubio as being the same person," he said. "They both wanted a no-fly zone. They both have supported activity in Libya -- the war in Libya that toppled Gadhafi, an intervention that made us less safe.

"They both have supported pouring arms into the Syrian civil war, a mistake that I think allowed ISIS to grow stronger. And they both have supported the Iraq War. So I mean, what's the difference?"

He was particularly critical of both Clinton and Rubio over Libya, saying the two had advocated an intervention that led to instability and turned the country into fertile territory for ISIS.

"I fault Hillary Clinton. I fault President Obama. But I also fault the neoconservatives within my party like Rubio who have been eager for war in Libya, in Syria, in Iraq, and they want a no-fly zone in an airspace where Russia is already flying," Paul said.
Rand Paul: Clinton, Rubio both 'neoconservatives' - CNNPolitics.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 07:19 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Yeah, he is right......not much else to say.

Old 11-08-2015, 07:23 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Rand Paul is pretty much irrelevant just like his dad.

Old 11-09-2015, 08:29 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Rand Paul is pretty much irrelevant just like his dad.
Yes the thing to do is ignore the people who are correct about the economy and the Middle East. Now you're thinking.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:41 AM

1,676 posts, read 945,629 times
Rand is moron. Clinton is not a neocon, otherwise she wouldn't have helped with the Iran deal or gotten a ceasefire between Hamas and Israel last year. She's strategic. While Obama is a weak idealist who hopes things will work out for the better and sticks his head in the sand, Hillary prepares for every single scenario, which dumb liberals take to believe that she's Republican.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:43 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
Rand is moron. Clinton is not a neocon, otherwise she wouldn't have helped with the Iran deal or gotten a ceasefire between Hamas and Israel last year. She's strategic. While Obama is a weak idealist who hopes things will work out for the better and sticks his head in the sand, Hillary prepares for every single scenario, which dumb liberals take to believe that she's Republican.
Rand? The one who says don't get involved with other countries civil wars vs the war monger Hillary who got us into Libya and her gun running was the cause of the deaths of the Americans in Benghazi?
Rand isn't the moron here.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:44 AM

Quote:
The definition of someone that wants to start another war with Iran is not a neocon......that would be the definition of the insane.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:47 AM

What do you mean "another" war? We haven't fought with Iran before, at least not directly.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Rand? The one who says don't get involved with other countries civil wars vs the war monger Hillary who got us into Libya and her gun running was the cause of the deaths of the Americans in Benghazi?
Rand isn't the moron here.
I agree that the Libya thing was a huge mistake. But Rand thinks we should shrink the military and wants to do away with the DOD. In a post-9/11 world, isolationism doesn't work, just as it didn't work last century prior to each of the World Wars. Muslim savages want to kill us whether or not we're involved in wars in their country because their religion tells them to.

Regardless, Rand won't win. Like his father before him, his policies against the military, criticism of Israel, and extreme isolationism just don't resonate with the majority of the GOP, hence why he got stomped in the debates (particularly in the first one, by Trump and Christie) and why he's polling so low.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
What do you mean "another" war? We haven't fought with Iran before, at least not directly.
Sorry, I wasn't clear....I just meant another war in additionally to the ones in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections