U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Republicans, How Many of You Would Vote for Hillary or a Libertarian Over Trump?
I like Trump and will vote for him. 23 46.94%
I don't like Trump but will vote for the Republican regardless. 12 24.49%
I'm disgusted with Trump and will vote for Hillary. 5 10.20%
I'm disgusted with Trump and will vote third-party (such as Libertarian). 9 18.37%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-13-2015, 10:51 AM
 
4,047 posts, read 2,693,153 times
Reputation: 1197

Advertisements

I'm now to the point where I would not support Trump in a general election under any circumstances. I was not a fan of him before yesterday, but comparing Dr. Ben Carson to a child molester was the last straw. Trump is an embarrassment to the party and those sane Republicans who still reside within the party and hope for it to grow and prosper. If Trump is the nominee, I'll vote for someone else. If the idiotic wing of the party wants to blow the general election in a very winnable year, let them do it. After they play with fire, I'm VERY looking forward to seeing them get burned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-13-2015, 10:59 AM
 
7,311 posts, read 4,956,965 times
Reputation: 6337
I sometimes think Trump comes across a bit like a buffoon, however, I look at results more than talk. We have a lot of 'talkers' like Rubio and Bush but they are comparable to any other politician who talks the talk and doesn't bring results.

Even though things Trump says may be a turn off, it doesn't take away from his success in the private sector, and I feel he will bring that success to Washington and America.

Who do you want, someone who says all the right things and maintains the status quo in Washington, or one who doesn't and radically changes it for the better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2015, 12:29 PM
 
4,047 posts, read 2,693,153 times
Reputation: 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I sometimes think Trump comes across a bit like a buffoon, however, I look at results more than talk. We have a lot of 'talkers' like Rubio and Bush but they are comparable to any other politician who talks the talk and doesn't bring results.

Even though things Trump says may be a turn off, it doesn't take away from his success in the private sector, and I feel he will bring that success to Washington and America.

Who do you want, someone who says all the right things and maintains the status quo in Washington, or one who doesn't and radically changes it for the better?
Like I've been asking LauraC, Bill Gates was also extremely successful in the private sector. If that's your reasoning for voting for Trump, would you also vote for the very liberal Bill Gates?

By the way, some of the best Republican candidates are also "talkers", by your definition. Would you refuse to vote for them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2015, 01:42 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,984 posts, read 83,656,005 times
Reputation: 41778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
I'm now to the point where I would not support Trump in a general election under any circumstances. I was not a fan of him before yesterday, but comparing Dr. Ben Carson to a child molester was the last straw. Trump is an embarrassment to the party and those sane Republicans who still reside within the party and hope for it to grow and prosper. If Trump is the nominee, I'll vote for someone else. If the idiotic wing of the party wants to blow the general election in a very winnable year, let them do it. After they play with fire, I'm VERY looking forward to seeing them get burned.
I am torn between saying I will vote R regardless and if he is the nominee I will vote LIbertarian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2015, 01:49 PM
 
4,047 posts, read 2,693,153 times
Reputation: 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am torn between saying I will vote R regardless and if he is the nominee I will vote LIbertarian.
If this lynch mob of nasty Trump fans wants the Republican Party, they can have it. The rest of us can choose to go elsewhere. I'm tired of the Republican Party losing because a small group of people are so sheepish that they follow a candidate who has no experience, holds Liberal viewpoints, and insults anyone who disagrees with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2015, 03:10 PM
PDD
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,874,703 times
Reputation: 11886
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I sometimes think Trump comes across a bit like a buffoon, however, I look at results more than talk. We have a lot of 'talkers' like Rubio and Bush but they are comparable to any other politician who talks the talk and doesn't bring results.

Even though things Trump says may be a turn off, it doesn't take away from his success in the private sector, and I feel he will bring that success to Washington and America.

Who do you want, someone who says all the right things and maintains the status quo in Washington, or one who doesn't and radically changes it for the better?
Honestly just what results are you talking about?

All anybody knows about Trump is that he is sometimes a successful building and golf course developer.
He failed in NJ with his casinos, obviously he doesn't know as much about the gaming industry as he proclaims.
He has put more small construction contractors out of business by going bankrupt with failed projects.

Yes was good at conning bankers into believing his grandiose ideas on building projects and financing them.

Yes he is good by his own admission at donating to politicians to get favorable rezoning so he can build buildings and especially golf courses when the residents don't want them.

So when he becomes President are you OK with him bribing people with the public's money to get what he wants?

Fortunately the majority of voters who actually show up and vote know what a phony he really is and I doubt he will be the Republican nominee.

He is the Cliff Clavin of today's candidates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Clavin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2015, 03:17 PM
 
Location: Kansas
19,185 posts, read 15,031,058 times
Reputation: 18249
The only thing I am sure about is that I would not vote for Hillary.

Oh, shoot! I can't take my vote back but if Rubio is the nominee, I'd vote 3rd party. There is something there and I know it and it isn't good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2015, 03:24 PM
 
Location: Newport Beach, California
33,318 posts, read 20,117,121 times
Reputation: 13016
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The only thing I am sure about is that I would not vote for Hillary.

Oh, shoot! I can't take my vote back but if Rubio is the nominee, I'd vote 3rd party. There is something there and I know it and it isn't good.
agreed. I would definitely vote for Libertarian party if Rubio is the nominee. I will never vote for Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2015, 03:35 PM
 
Location: Dallas
2,092 posts, read 2,573,927 times
Reputation: 3428
I'm voting for Trump, if the GOP does something crazy and doesn't nominate Trump, then I'll vote Hillary. Trump is the only Republicans with a chance to become POTUS. The other strong candidates are all too ativistic on social issues and way too hawkish.
__________________
MODERATOR FOR AUSTIN, DALLAS, FORT LAUDERDALE, & TEXAS
Terms of Service/FAQ/Information for Realtors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2015, 04:18 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
12,289 posts, read 7,965,558 times
Reputation: 6464
I'll vote libertarian, but that is easy to say in California where my vote doesn't matter. If I was in a swing state I would probably vote for trump over Hillary.

I know Hillary would be terrible. Trump has like. 10% chance to be good and 90% to be terrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top