Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 03:13 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,967,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Odd, but I think Hillary Clinton is the most moderate. I also don't like that she is a career politician.

As an Ohioan, I also like Kasich. He has a very conservative past and I do think he is too conservative on many issues (especially in relation to abortion rights) but I also feel that he has learned that it is always better to lead from the middle. I wish he were a front runner in the GOP as he would be the best choice IMO for president.

As it stands now, I think if the GOP nominates either of their two front runners that Hillary Clinton will win in 2016. Ted Cruz is also rising in rank and I don't think he is all that much better than either Carson or Trump. He is WAY to conservative to where he seems like he is some conservative cartoon character. So as a moderate independent, I becoming resigned to the fact that I will likely vote for Hillary Clinton. It will be disappointing to me as I don't think she is all that great but I think the other candidates are far worse than she is.
For what it's worth, I never had any doubt who you would vote for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 03:24 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,487,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Once again, as a moderate, I am in the position of not liking ANY of the candidates.

I am against bigotry and racism and self-righteous religious fundamentalists of any religion, and I am (mostly) pro-choice, anti-war, and pro-environment -- but I am ALSO a "traditionalist" who is against illegal immigration, "political correctness" (for the most part), and welfare recipients who can work but choose not to do so. (I am also against special entitlements for anyone, rich or poor.)

So, obviously, NONE of the current leading candidates appeal to me, from what I have read and heard so far.

So, just putting this out here for general comment and opinion -- without, please, getting into a debate of the individual issues I listed -- which candidate, of any party, do you think is the most moderate, and why?
You need to take the isidewith.com quiz to see which candidate suits you the best.....I'm guessing Jeb!, Kasich, Christie.

Old 11-13-2015, 03:32 PM

99,655 posts, read 4,497,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Jeb is better than his brother but his refusal to repudiate the failed policies of GW, Cheney, Rumsfeld, should disqualify him for the White House and scare the daylights out of would-be supporters.
Jeb! has every intention of continuing those failed policies.

Old 11-13-2015, 03:42 PM

1,204 posts, read 874,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Odd, but I think Hillary Clinton is the most moderate. I also don't like that she is a career politician.

As an Ohioan, I also like Kasich. He has a very conservative past and I do think he is too conservative on many issues (especially in relation to abortion rights) but I also feel that he has learned that it is always better to lead from the middle. I wish he were a front runner in the GOP as he would be the best choice IMO for president.

As it stands now, I think if the GOP nominates either of their two front runners that Hillary Clinton will win in 2016. Ted Cruz is also rising in rank and I don't think he is all that much better than either Carson or Trump. He is WAY to conservative to where he seems like he is some conservative cartoon character. So as a moderate independent, I becoming resigned to the fact that I will likely vote for Hillary Clinton. It will be disappointing to me as I don't think she is all that great but I think the other candidates are far worse than she is.
As a SE Michigan resident and a former Republican, I could possible support a Kasich presidency or at least not be as venomous as many people are towards anyone but their fav.

It is/was the moving to the outer limits of social conservatism, that sent me anyway from the Pubs. Until it ends, my vote, my dollar and my feet will support the Dems even though at times I'm not thrilled doing so.

Old 11-13-2015, 03:58 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times
Moderate?

Easily Bernie Sanders.

When "entitled", self righteous, government fattened, individuals can take his microphone at a campaign rally to advocate for Thugs against Police and he stands there looking at the floor saying nothing, I'd say you found your "moderate" candidate.

Old 11-13-2015, 04:38 PM

19,830 posts, read 9,398,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
You need to take the isidewith.com quiz to see which candidate suits you the best.....I'm guessing Jeb!, Kasich, Christie.
Good quiz, but interestingly (and not surprisingly given my wide-ranging and "split" opinions), NO ONE came out the clear winner! I scored in the 70's (meaning, percent of agreement) with Carson, Clinton, Cruz, Paul, Sanders, AND Trump -- and this was very surprising to me because in listening to the debates, I personally liked Kasich the most (his "message" appealed to me the most).

However, I thought the quiz was skewed because there were more questions on the illegal immigration issue than any other, and as I stated, I am very much against illegal immigration. I just wonder if this issue was eliminated from the quiz, who would come out ahead, imo.

Old 11-13-2015, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Moderate?

Easily Bernie Sanders.

When "entitled", self righteous, government fattened, individuals can take his microphone at a campaign rally to advocate for Thugs against Police and he stands there looking at the floor saying nothing, I'd say you found your "moderate" candidate.
He's the most left of the candidates other than his position on gun ownership. Simply ridiculous comment to say he's moderate.

Old 11-13-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Good quiz, but interestingly (and not surprisingly given my wide-ranging and "split" opinions), NO ONE came out the clear winner! I scored in the 70's (meaning, percent of agreement) with Carson, Clinton, Cruz, Paul, Sanders, AND Trump -- and this was very surprising to me because in listening to the debates, I personally liked Kasich the most (his "message" appealed to me the most).

However, I thought the quiz was skewed because there were more questions on the illegal immigration issue than any other, and as I stated, I am very much against illegal immigration. I just wonder if this issue was eliminated from the quiz, who would come out ahead, imo.
Very important to change the weighting option. Me, personally, have very little regard for many social issues, but I'm in favor of fiscally sound policies bringing government spending down, reducing taxes, reducing size of government, but ensuring a strong defense and military stance. I have little care about LGBT rights, little concerned if Starbucks has Christmas coffee cups, or those types of social issues.

Old 11-13-2015, 05:24 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,438,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
On the Democrats, Martin O'Malley maybe? .
Uhh noooo!There is nothing moderate about him.Maryland democrats like him have already caused Virginia and West Virginia to absorb tens of thousands of 'refugees' from Maryland...like me! Its a lot harder to leave the country!

Old 11-13-2015, 11:11 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,140,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Moderate?

Easily Bernie Sanders.

I think you might not understand the meaning of moderate..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections