Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 01:45 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,737,763 times

Advertisements

This is a link that lists some of the things that Bernie Sanders has done. Click and
enjoy.

Bernie Sanders, What the Hell Have You Done for Us Lately?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 02:12 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times
I do like Bernie Sanders. He has some ideas and accomplishments that I support. I might even consider voting for him depending upon his opposition, but sadly this choice won't be available.

Unfortunately the DNC Super Delegate process will absolutely insure that Bernie will not get the nomination. They are solidly behind King Hillary as the establishment status quo politician.

If Bernie truly wants influence now, he will run as an independent as he does for his seat in Congress. This will force King Hillary to deal with him. Otherwise, the Warren Wing of the DNC is dead as the Clintionites have no interest in listening to them at all.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:38 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,966,582 times
Sorry Waldo, Bernie would rather have a Clinton presidency than split the vote and end up with a right wing republican extremist -- or a complete incompetent in the WH. Bernie loves America too much.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:10 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,734,809 times
There is only three ways Hildabeast doesn't get the nomination.

Arrest, death or incapacitation.

And with idiot Democrats those might not even be enough.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Sorry Waldo, Bernie would rather have a Clinton presidency than split the vote and end up with a right wing republican extremist -- or a complete incompetent in the WH. Bernie loves America too much.
You have no idea what Bernie wants.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:44 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,092,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You have no idea what Bernie wants.
Sanders has stated that he will not run third party.

“If it happens that I do not win that process, would I run outside of the system? No, I made the promise that I would not and I will keep that promise,” Sanders said. “And the reason for that is I do not want to be responsible for electing some right-wing Republican to be president of the United States.”

Would Bernie Sanders Run as Third-Party Independent Candidate? | Mediaite

I believe him.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:13 AM

4,585 posts, read 3,414,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Sanders has stated that he will not run third party.

“If it happens that I do not win that process, would I run outside of the system? No, I made the promise that I would not and I will keep that promise,” Sanders said. “And the reason for that is I do not want to be responsible for electing some right-wing Republican to be president of the United States.”

Would Bernie Sanders Run as Third-Party Independent Candidate? | Mediaite

I believe him.

And if he wins the popular primary vote by a mile but not the delegate count and there are liberal screams for him to go third party?

Old 11-14-2015, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
And if he wins the popular primary vote by a mile but not the delegate count and there are liberal screams for him to go third party?
He doesn't want to split the Democratic vote and give a right winger an opening to the White House. I know it's difficult to conceive of a politician who puts the country's interests above his own, because there are so few of them on either side of the aisle, but Sanders actually fits that description.

Old 11-14-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Sanders has stated that he will not run third party. .
He did state that. I've noted it before in previous posts that I've made.

It absolutely doesn't change anything I've said. Furthermore after making that statement, more than 500 Super Delegates have pledged themselves to Hillary. i.e. Extremely unfair to Bernie Sanders since not one vote has been cast yet. Why anyone would support a political party that works this way is beyond me.

He no longer has any obligation to that earlier claim. And unless you talked to him today, you have no idea what he wants.

If Bernie does not run 3rd party, then he will have absolutely no influence in a Clinton Administration. Period. The Clintonites don't want the Warren Platform to ever see the light of day.

Old 11-14-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He did state that. I've noted it before in previous posts that I've made.

It absolutely doesn't change anything I've said. Furthermore since he did make that statement, more than 500 Super Delegates have pledged themselves to Hillary. i.e. Extremely unfair to Bernie Sanders since not one vote has been cast yet.

He no long has any obligation to that earlier claim. And unless you talked to him today, you have no idea what he wants.
Believe whatever makes you sleep better at night. Sanders has stated pretty emphatically, on more than one occasion, that he has no interest in dividing the Democratic vote to allow a right winger into the Oval Office. There is no evidence that he has changed his mind, only your hope that he has. Which amounts to nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections