Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 10:34 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,340,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
That is why we have to vote. Here in OC (orange county) I know majority will vote Republican. We are not hopeless.
Im in OC too and yes, we always vote Republican but it wont matter. The Democratic candidate will win by a landslide in CA. We have become far too overrun by illegals, minorities and people living off the government for it to go any other way. Not that I have an issue with minorities, its just that they overwhelmingly vote Democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 10:46 PM

1,676 posts, read 945,849 times
Louisiana voted for Clinton in the 90s. California voted for Reagan in the 80s. Never give up hope. Get out the vote, no matter what. It does count.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:14 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,668,809 times
If trump makes it to the republican nomination and wins, really good chance he'll make it to the white house.

Last edited by owl6969; 11-20-2015 at 12:25 AM..

Old 11-20-2015, 12:22 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,668,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Im in OC too and yes, we always vote Republican but it wont matter. The Democratic candidate will win by a landslide in CA. We have become far too overrun by illegals, minorities and people living off the government for it to go any other way. Not that I have an issue with minorities, its just that they overwhelmingly vote Democrat.
Is the OC different from the rest of California? Or the only area that does that and other things differently.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:53 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,825,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
Louisiana voted for Clinton in the 90s. California voted for Reagan in the 80s. Never give up hope. Get out the vote, no matter what. It does count.
A good example would be Trump winning in New York, a state that is predominantly Democrat.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:14 AM

4,490 posts, read 3,931,395 times
I'll vote for the Republican nominee. We simply CANNOT afford anymore spending like what Obama has done.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:06 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
What state do you live in? It might not be a choice by the time your state gets around to voting.

Old 11-20-2015, 06:50 AM

551 posts, read 583,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan551 View Post
If you're considering voting for Hillary, I'd recommend reading this book called The Clinton's War on Women: http://amzn.to/1jarakY. It's fairly well-researched and presents a strong case for saying that she helped Bill cover up rapes and really harassed the women he was involved with (pets mysteriously disappearing). There's also an audio interview on YouTube where she laughs about representing an alleged rapist of a 12-year-old girl who she thought was guilty.

I like what Bernie says, but it's all rhetoric. He's not been able to give specifics of any of his plans, and it appears they will only hurt the middle class. The so-called "social democracies" that he's talking about (which are actually not that) are all changing their policies because they're nearing collapse. The situations in many of those countries are different that the U.S., such as having government controlled natural resources as a back up. There is one country that had huge welfare programs without govt-controlled resources to help out - Greece - and look at the disaster that happened there. In countries with "free college" people end up paying what they would have spent in taxes, and it doesn't seem to improve the chances of going to college among the poor. Kids in some of those countries still have tons of student debt too. He's also not an "outsider" - he's been a professional politician since the '80s.

The "facts" that Bernie and Hillary (and Obama) quote about women being paid 77 cents on the dollar to men is not true - that is not adjusted for the different lines of work that men and women go into. I have to wonder if they are just lazy about fact-checking or if they are simply pandering.

I've decided to vote for Trump because he will bring jobs back to America, has a tax plan to help the middle class and create jobs, understands what's going on with the Fed and interest rates, is against amnesty, will get rid of some of the politically correct craziness that's been going on, and is reasonable on both sides of gun control. Although he is a Christian, he is not interfering with issues like abortion and gay marriage that are outside the domain of the executive branch. And what he says about not being owned by anyone is true. If you gave $1 million to your local senator wouldn't you have him on the phone a lot pressuring him to do your bidding? Trump knows how the game works, and isn't going to let the lobbies, PACs and corporations dictate policy like they have done to our presidents for so many years.

There are some others I like in both parties, but I don't think they have a chance, and I want my vote to count.
I agree with much of this. Hilary makes me feel ill. Almost physically, I'm sick of her cackling at questions that aren't funny. She's completely amoral and probably a sociopath to boot. She has nowhere near Bill's charisma or political talent if you ask me.

The Republican candidates need to pare down, far too many at this stage still in the game. The only ones who stand chance are those polling above 5% (!) consistently, and that's about five. Jeb will not get far, too many are tired of Bushs and he's given no compelling reason to vote for him. I dislike Rubio's policies on immigration, and he comes off as another slimy pol. Carson is just bizarre, no idea how he's polling so high. I guess it's down to Cruz or Trump but I prefer Trumps forthrightness and willingness to make real change. Economy and immigration are the two huge issues, so I don't care about anyone's stance on social issues. There're more grave concerns at hand. Trump could get it done. However I doubt he will get the nod. Establushment Republicans hate him too much.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:41 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,702,289 times
Trump, Carson, Cruz, and Rand come off to radical with idea's. Rubio doesn't seen ready yet to lead a nation. So hoping Jeb wins the nod since he is in the top 5 of polling.

Old 11-21-2015, 09:46 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Not really religious per say I guess. I mean Rev. Graham doesn't utilize religious views when I see him debate unlike Carson or Cruz.
I know you mean Lindsey Graham, but you're confusing Rev. Billy Graham with him, I think!

I'd vote for Chris Christie or Lindsey Graham. Those guys can DEBATE, make sense, and get to the ^^% point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections