Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 11:36 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times

Advertisements

Haha. I saw that interview. Dickerson hates Trump. Said on CBS that Trump wasn't a "real" candidate. He's been eating crow ever since and taking every opportunity to campaign against Trump.

If all they have is a TV show host, who is on the downside of his career, call Trump names with no proof, then I say they are getting very desperate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 11:40 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Actually, his numbers are pretty good, especially in the coveted 18-49 year old demographic:

"The ratings for Colbert’s Late Show among the coveted demographic of 18- to 49-year-olds are up about 50% from the numbers David Letterman’s show posted during the same period last year and Colbert’s show has nearly double Letterman’s ratings among the 18- to 34-year-old audience, according to Nielsen numbers reported by The Hollywood Reporter.

Stephen Colbert Strong Number 2 In Late-Night Ratings - Fortune
Most supporters of Mr. Trump on this forum appear to be outside of that age bracket. Hard to stay up that late to watch TV.

Mick

Old 12-30-2015, 11:45 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
Colbert shouldn't worry, unlike Trevor Noah, who's tanking as Stewart's successor. They need to either change the Daily Show so it's more conducive to Noah or find another host - or cancel it. Currently, TDS has basically the same format it did with Stewart, but Noah just isn't very good in that context.
Give the guy some time, what's the harm? It's been 3 whole months. They'd have to pay him for the duration of the contract anyway. Jon Stewart had atrocious ratings in the beginning that people were complaining Craig Kilborn should have never been replaced with a Jew fella. Trevor does have to improve . . . he's not a natural like John Oliver. And he's not even American (well, neither is John).

Mick

Old 12-30-2015, 11:47 AM

LOL!

Colbert Drops to 3rd Place Behind Kimmel as New Poll Shows CBS Host Alienating Audiences | Mediaite

Meanwhile Trump continues to gain supporters.

This speaks for itself.

Old 12-30-2015, 11:54 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Actually, his numbers are pretty good, especially in the coveted 18-49 year old demographic:

"The ratings for Colbert’s Late Show among the coveted demographic of 18- to 49-year-olds are up about 50% from the numbers David Letterman’s show posted during the same period last year and Colbert’s show has nearly double Letterman’s ratings among the 18- to 34-year-old audience, according to Nielsen numbers reported by The Hollywood Reporter.

Stephen Colbert Strong Number 2 In Late-Night Ratings - Fortune
Yup, and that's exactly why he got the job.

Old 12-30-2015, 12:16 PM

998 posts, read 665,650 times
Who cares what Colbert has to say? I haven't watched anything he's done in at least 10 years. I think Jim Gilmore has more voters than Colbert has viewers.

Old 12-30-2015, 12:48 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL!

Colbert Drops to 3rd Place Behind Kimmel as New Poll Shows CBS Host Alienating Audiences | Mediaite

Meanwhile Trump continues to gain supporters.

This speaks for itself.
So, the take away from your links is that banal talk, lip sync contests and fart jokes are less alienating than substantive interviews. I'll take a show that gives as much attention to interviews with Nobel Laureates and presidential historians as it does to movie stars any day of the week. But that's just a matter of personal taste I guess.

Old 01-05-2016, 03:38 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,232,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
A Trump presidency would be a frightening proposition, most definitely. I can't imagine such an feeble minded human being in the Oval Office.

I can't begin to think of anything more frightening than having Hillary near a nuclear football, let alone, the US economy. Trump creates jobs. Hillary, kills them. And in case you have been asleep these past 7 years, the US economy is not doing nearly as well as it once was. Spare the unemployment statistics. Those "jobs" are now folks working at McDonalds. They use to work at HP, IBM, AT&T, etc......

I wouldn't exactly call that, "gainful employment".....it's right up there where the White House, and the President, tried to defend working less hours...."start a business"......"more time for you family".....one problem, they were struggling like all get out to even pay their bills, tell me now 30 hours and no health insurance as good as they once had can possibly overcome their mortgage, car payments, tuition, food, health insurance, clothing, utilities, you know, the cost of living???

Oh wait, I know, they will have more time to "pursuit" other interests so instead of working 40 hours, they can now take 2 jobs and work 60 to cover what 40 USED to cover.....got it....check....smart move....can't wait to see all the smiling faces through the years as they trudge through life as though one were walking knee deep in molasses....

Frankly, the administration should be collective sued for all the personal damages they have inflicted upon the working class...it's beyond shameful what this clown did. And now, we are 19 TRILLION in debt to cover for the give aways he tossed out over the last 7 years.....can't wait to see what Hillary has in store....who knows, maybe that FBI probe will finally catch on....if the Republicans have any brains, they will miraculously bring it all out say, in August-October? That ought to knock her down juuuuuuuust enough to lose.....

At the very least, we are all going to get to relive the Bill Clinton era complete with blowjobs in the oval/oral office, scandal with 1/2 of Arkansas female population....should be a hoot.....wonder where they are now and when "The View" (As if...) will do a special on all the "special ladies/victims" in Bill's life.....

Should be a hoot....pass the popcorn, I'm ready....

Old 01-05-2016, 03:50 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Most supporters of Mr. Trump on this forum appear to be outside of that age bracket. Hard to stay up that late to watch TV.

Mick
So, now you're insulting people over 49, Mick. Way to go/sarcasm.

Old 01-05-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
So, the take away from your links is that banal talk, lip sync contests and fart jokes are less alienating than substantive interviews. I'll take a show that gives as much attention to interviews with Nobel Laureates and presidential historians as it does to movie stars any day of the week. But that's just a matter of personal taste I guess.
Ok. So you put great stock in TV talk shows.

Amazing that you admit to that. But I congratulate you for not trying to hide from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections