Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for the nominee if it wasn't your choice?
Yes 36 85.71%
No 6 14.29%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 02:22 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,777,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma83 View Post
If nominee was someone OTHER than your choice would you vote for them? For me its an absolute NO! Not only am I no in agreement with ANYONE else on the republican side but I find them all bought and paid for. Trump is not and can not be bought,he is an enigma like I am and shoots from the hip. The closest I could come is Cruz but the simple fact he is bought and paid for and is bound to his donors to do as they please AND he is very very very loyal to Israel and actually got mad at middle eastern Christians when they booed him for saying Israel is a great friend etc and he walked off stage! I could possibly vote for Sanders but his social stances disgust me.So for me it would be sitting at home or voting 3rd party because I really wouldn't care who won if Trump wasn't nominee.
I'm nearly 70, and my primary favorites have almost never gotten the nomination. Doesn't stop me from voting for the nominee in November.

To each their own, but I've always thought a half loaf - or even a quarter - is better than any amount of dog food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 02:39 PM

461 posts, read 333,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I'm nearly 70, and my primary favorites have almost never gotten the nomination. Doesn't stop me from voting for the nominee in November.

To each their own, but I've always thought a half loaf - or even a quarter - is better than any amount of dog food.
If you didn't like the nominee in the primary season why would you vote for them? To me if its NOT Trump. There really is no difference as far as corporate donors owning the candidate that does win,foreign policy will essentially remain the same etc.

Old 12-31-2015, 03:36 PM

7,829 posts, read 4,575,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
I'll probably vote for any Republican over Hillary. But if it's Trump I'll be getting drunk before and after.
A true Republican-style patroit: A drunken exercise of your vote. Well done. Good men have died to give you that right. Your nation salutes you !

Old 12-31-2015, 04:02 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,400,304 times
Sanders is my guy. If he fails to get the nomination, then i will review the choices. That does not mean I will vote for Hillary necessarily.

People who vote on the D or the R behind someones name are failing to vote responsibly. Vote for the best candidate.

Old 12-31-2015, 04:03 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,777,219 times
Quote:
If you didn't like the nominee in the primary season why would you vote for them? To me if its NOT Trump. There really is no difference as far as corporate donors owning the candidate that does win,foreign policy will essentially remain the same etc.
I am capable both of liking a particular candidate and of liking another candidate *more*.

Old 12-31-2015, 04:27 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,970,760 times
Wow - can't believe what I am reading. Why is it every time an election year comes around, threads pop up about how wrong it is to vote for someone other than the candidate you wanted to win. I've seen threads telling Christians it is not their place to vote in this world, telling people not to vote if their candidate doesn't win.

Look at it this way: whether you are Democrat or Republican, will the other candidate take the country in the direction you think is appropriate. If not, or if you think the other candidate will do harm to the country, then you must vote.

If you think we are screwed as a country either way you vote, if you really don't care what the opposing candidate does to you, your taxes, your jobs, your family, then it's up to you.

But, whatever you do, please do not just stomp your feet and not vote if your candidate does not win the nomination. Whether you vote independent, for a third party--it is your right. It is done in secret, and is one of the few things the NSA can't see you doing. Don't let any politician, pastor, family member or friend keep you from doing the one thing that is an American's right.

Old 12-31-2015, 04:28 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,970,760 times
You are not in any position to say what is right or wrong about someone's vote. Shame on you. Your hate is overtaking your better judgment. People died so Americans can have the right to vote--not have the right to vote the way YOU think is best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
A true Republican-style patroit: A drunken exercise of your vote. Well done. Good men have died to give you that right. Your nation salutes you !

Old 12-31-2015, 04:47 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,408,035 times
Going Republican no matter what. Whether my guy gets the nomination or not. It's not just the person, but what the Republican party stands for.

Old 12-31-2015, 04:51 PM

461 posts, read 333,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Wow - can't believe what I am reading. Why is it every time an election year comes around, threads pop up about how wrong it is to vote for someone other than the candidate you wanted to win. I've seen threads telling Christians it is not their place to vote in this world, telling people not to vote if their candidate doesn't win.

Look at it this way: whether you are Democrat or Republican, will the other candidate take the country in the direction you think is appropriate. If not, or if you think the other candidate will do harm to the country, then you must vote.

If you think we are screwed as a country either way you vote, if you really don't care what the opposing candidate does to you, your taxes, your jobs, your family, then it's up to you.

But, whatever you do, please do not just stomp your feet and not vote if your candidate does not win the nomination. Whether you vote independent, for a third party--it is your right. It is done in secret, and is one of the few things the NSA can't see you doing. Don't let any politician, pastor, family member or friend keep you from doing the one thing that is an American's right.
Not saying its WRONG I am saying its odd that you didn't like the nominee enough to support him to begin with but can if he is your party's nominee. I don't vote party I vote candidate. Weird thing is I would vote Trump 100% then Sanders if his social stances were different or not as extreme as they are.

Old 12-31-2015, 04:58 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,408,035 times
Quote:
I am saying its odd that you didn't like the nominee enough to support him to begin with
You are actually leaving out the possibility that we may like more than one person. Think of it as a group of about 8 Friends. There may be 1 or 2 you are not crazy about, but you really like the other 6 or 7.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections