Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 11:04 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times

Advertisements

GOP women urge Trump to drop talk of Bill Clinton sex scandals

The article quotes several high-ranking GOP women who want Trump to lay off the issue. Here's a couple:
Quote:
“It’s a distraction,” said Donna Sytek, a former speaker of the New Hampshire House of Representatives and former state GOP chair. “We should be talking about the debt and security and any number of other things,” she said. “The women I know that are politically active are going to try to ignore it and encourage their candidates to talk about the larger issues."
Quote:
Women voters are likely to recoil over Trump’s contention in recent interviews that the former first lady was an “enabler” of her husband’s liaisons, said Nancy Dwight, a former National Republican Congressional Committee executive director.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:30 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
It's ironic too considering Mr. Trump is a self-admitted, repeat philanderer as well as someone who was alleged by his ex-wife Ivana to be a spousal rapist (of course, the terms of their divorce settlement contain a confidentiality provision as they all do). Moreover, in NYC, he was known to pressure women to "date" him by using his position of power (beauty pageants) . . . . the term "dry hump" has been used in conjunction with his name many times, to be honest.

I also know that he used to demand that his law firms send over their best looking paralegals with closing documents so that he can ogle or flirt with them while he signed the docs . . .

I don't have a problem with most of that (probably because I am a sexist pig, too), but it is absurd for Mr. Trump to act like he hasn't done anything that Bill Clinton allegedly has. They are one and the same. To pretend otherwise makes one very naive.

Mick

Old 01-06-2016, 11:55 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
It's ironic too considering Mr. Trump is a self-admitted, repeat philanderer as well as someone who was alleged by his ex-wife Ivana to be a spousal rapist
That's the subtext of the GOP's women's stated concerns.
And quite frankly it's been a subtext for decades - FDR, Eisenhower, Kennedy, and GWH Bush were all known philanderers. If we're going to use that as a qualifier for office then it's Katy bar the door, the only qualified choice at this point is a woman. I mostly identify with the Dem party but like my sisters in the GOP, I'd rather focus on other issues.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:07 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
My wife would likely vote for Hillary if she hadn't allowed Bill to treat her the way he did/does.

Old 01-07-2016, 03:20 AM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times
I can't say I'd vote for Hillary even if she had stood up and divorced the creep as she proved to be a lousy Senator here in NY - but this article is just another GOP shot to get Trump out of the race.

Another View -- Donna Sytek: Why I'm supporting Chris Christie for President | New Hampshire

Comparing Trump to Bill Cosby - they're not even close.

Old 01-07-2016, 03:25 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I can't say I'd vote for Hillary even if she had stood up and divorced the creep as she proved to be a lousy Senator here in NY - but this article is just another GOP shot to get Trump out of the race.

Another View -- Donna Sytek: Why I'm supporting Chris Christie for President | New Hampshire

Comparing Trump to Bill Cosby - they're not even close.
As it notes in one of the replies.....a GOP political insider.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:16 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Hahahah. USA Today Opinion Article.
  • Trump Detractors first tell us GOP will do anything to stop Trump from being nominated.
  • Now they tell us why GOP is concerned that Trump might be hurting his campaign.
Can't have it both ways.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
That's the subtext of the GOP's women's stated concerns.
And quite frankly it's been a subtext for decades - FDR, Eisenhower, Kennedy, and GWH Bush were all known philanderers. If we're going to use that as a qualifier for office then it's Katy bar the door, the only qualified choice at this point is a woman. I mostly identify with the Dem party but like my sisters in the GOP, I'd rather focus on other issues.
you are right, except for Bush: that was more an allegation than anything else. I am sure there have been many others, but what you and others are forgetting, is his Clintons lying about it and the difference in having lover or assaulting women. Do I think this is anything that has anything to do with Hillary running? I would say no, except for her declaring her stand on women's rights when she put down every women who came forward with allegations against Bill.

I normally feel what one does in his/her private life has little to do with whether that person is qualified for an office or a job, but her attitude about this is what bothers me.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
My wife would likely vote for Hillary if she hadn't allowed Bill to treat her the way he did/does.
that is another problem I have with the Clinton scandal. Hillary put up with it, I can't imagine standing by my man when he publically embarrassed me and women in general.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:33 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
that is another problem I have with the Clinton scandal. Hillary put up with it, I can't imagine standing by my man when he publically embarrassed me and women in general.
Not only did she put up with it, she attacked other women who made issue of his sexual abuse. I've heard numerous women, even Democrats, say this is the very reason they won't support Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.