Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 12:20 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times

Advertisements

Well, my "favorite" part was when he characterized those of us who don't support him as fearful and cynical. His minions trolling around cyberspace are doing the bidding of their master.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:37 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwar View Post
"""dude- you stole my post!
PLAGIARIST!!!!!!!!!!!PLAGIARIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!""

I'm sorry I didn't even see your post. I stayed up all night watching CNN. I did listen to Obama's speech and I didn't understand the "Our time has come" and I didn't understand the "movement" because I didn't even know there was a movement. I agree people want change but I thought the change meant that people were tired of Bush and Republicans. I think Obamas people are also kinda creepy. I was hoping the whole race issue would be gone with Obama but I think he clearly meant that its the Black mans rule now, which to me is not the real issues this country faces. I was very touched by Mike Huckabee's speech. I think he is really what this country needs, a man that came from nothing and knows what its like to be an average person in this country. To bad the young people are voting just because of gender/race. I have been a Democrat all my life but my God the choices are bad. EW
This is so ridiculous I don't even know where to start. When he said, "Our time is now", he did not mean "black people". I'm a white man, and when he said that, I felt a part of "Our". We, the people supporting him. I didn't vote for him for his race - I voted for the man.

Huckleberry - HA! This man is scary. Just what we need, a Baptist preacher in the Whitehouse trying to put his god in the constitution. America has had it with the evangelicals over the past 8 years and won't put one in office this time. Although I think Bush just used them for their votes. I think they're seeing the truth at this point and will stay home in November.

Last edited by denverian; 02-06-2008 at 12:49 PM..

Old 02-06-2008, 12:42 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcladue View Post
I hope so....
I just feel like you've made up your mind that there's something sinister afoot. I don't think there's any support for it. I guess we'll leave it at that.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:42 PM

1,197 posts, read 3,582,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
This is so ridiculous I don't even know where to start. When he said, "Our time has come", he did not mean "black people". I'm a white man, and when he said that, I felt a part of "Our". We, the people supporting him. I didn't vote for him for his race - I voted for the man.

Huckleberry - HA! This man is scary. Just what we need, a Baptist preacher in the Whitehouse trying to put his god in the constitution. America has had it with the evangelicals over the past 8 years and won't put one in office this time. Although I think Bush just used them for their votes. I think they're seeing the truth at this point and will stay home in November.
That's a smart thing to say, considering that our nation was founded on God.
Sorry, we're not staying home.
Why is Huckabee scary? He never said he was going to put his "god" in the constitution. Ultimately, God will put the person whom He wants in office anyway, Republican or Democrat.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:47 PM

182 posts, read 436,212 times
I am throwing it out there, that's all.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:52 PM

GOD? What about the people of the United States?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
Why is Huckabee scary? He never said he was going to put his "god" in the constitution. Ultimately, God will put the person whom He wants in office anyway, Republican or Democrat.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:52 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
That's certainly debatable. I think this country was founded on the principal of separation of church and state. A preacher in the Whitehouse crosses the line for me.

Which god though? Yours? Mine? The Catholic's? Huckleberry is scary because I think evangelicals and So. Baptists are scary. I don't agree with this brand of religion. No sense arguing it though. He doesn't stand a chance, luckily.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:55 PM

383 posts, read 722,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1980 View Post
Of course obama is reffering to his race and that is what this whole thing is about he wants to be the first black president so he can finally achieve a real goal.

Nice try bu obama mother is a white woman. So why do you think he would put blacks ahead of whites. Must be a hillary supporter trying to inject race whatever chance you get. I notice hillary supporters love to point of blacks voting for him, or him as the black candidate. It isn't working hillary is losing among young whites, wealthy and upper middle class whites, and white men. Obama even got 45% of the woman vote. Hang it up hillary its over lousiana, maryland, nebraska, and washington state are up next. She won't win not one state i mention. She needs to just be vp and sit down somewhere.

Last edited by johndoeboy; 02-06-2008 at 01:06 PM..

Old 02-06-2008, 01:31 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,870,812 times
Can someone just shoot Al Sharpton and put us all out of our misery? And by our I mean white, black, purple, green, etc. or any other breathing creature that has to be subjected to his totally idiotic opinion on everything!

Old 02-06-2008, 01:51 PM

I wont, nor should anyone here, dignify your conclusion jumping with a response. Read what's posted, then get back to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoeboy View Post
Nice try bu obama mother is a white woman. So why do you think he would put blacks ahead of whites. Must be a hillary supporter trying to inject race whatever chance you get. I notice hillary supporters love to point of blacks voting for him, or him as the black candidate. It isn't working hillary is losing among young whites, wealthy and upper middle class whites, and white men. Obama even got 45% of the woman vote. Hang it up hillary its over lousiana, maryland, nebraska, and washington state are up next. She won't win not one state i mention. She needs to just be vp and sit down somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections