Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 01:26 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,268,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
Anyone who says that Bush, or Marco Rubio for that matter, support amnesty are factually incorrect. So that's a poor argument because it is not valid.

As far as common core, Governor Bush has never said the federal government should encourage common core, he has said the opposite.

Governor Bush is not for nation building, but he is for having an American leadership position in the world.

I think Jeb Bush's record of cutting taxes, privatizing state services, reducing the size of government, implementing state-wide school choice, signing into law Stand Your Ground, protecting the right to life, vetoing $2 billion in new spending, and reforming medicare speak for itsself - he's a trusted conservative, unlike Donald Trump who has never been a conservative, or Ted Cruz who flip-flops on a dime.

yes he is! he is on record that he won't deport all illegals, he will give them a path to citizenship. Why are you clueless on this.

No more Bushes......his father wasn't a conservative and neither was his brother.....enough already!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 06:45 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,152,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
yes he is! he is on record that he won't deport all illegals, he will give them a path to citizenship. Why are you clueless on this.

No more Bushes......his father wasn't a conservative and neither was his brother.....enough already!
Bush is hands down more conservative than Trump. If a nominee is going to be chosen on who is a true conservative, the closest option is Cruz. The second is Firorina. Third is most likely Carson, although it is hard to say what he'd do, he is a better doctor, role model, and motivator than a leader in a political sense. Fourth, although he is more of a Libertarian, is Paul. From there it is a toss-up of Rubio, Bush, Christie, and Kasich. All of them are moderates that sometimes lean conservative and sometimes lean liberal, depending on the issue. I didn't put Huckabee in there because he really isn't running, he's increasing his brand and book sales. Guess who is dead last? Trump. He is basically a bigoted liberal.

I think our nation needs a true moderate in order to heal after the partisan mess we have gone through, so I could live with Bush or Kasich, based on their proven past performance as govenors. The family name is an issue for Bush, as we are all aware, and I think he doesn't have chance, which is good. It's bad enough that we are probably going to be bequeathed Hillary, I adamantly do not want another Clinton/Bush election. I would consider him in a future election.

My preference, at this point, would be any of Rubio, Christie, or Kasich. However if my choices are Trump or Cruz, I will definitely vote for Cruz.

Old 01-19-2016, 07:14 AM

1,676 posts, read 945,251 times
These so-called conservatives are what got us into this mess with war, huge amounts of debt, and a hurting middle class, and Obama, in some cases, made it worse or didn't really make it better. We've had enough of these "serious candidates" who cause nothing but trouble with their recklessness and making their priority doing the bidding of their donors. They don't care about us or this country, only about cash.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:47 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
A newNH poll out today (1/10/2016) has KASICH at 20%

Dates polled: 1/15 - 1/18 600 Likely Voters

New Hampshire Republican Presidential Primary - Pollster: ARG

Trump 27,
Kasich 20,
Rubio 10,
Cruz 9,
Christie 9,
Bush 8,
Paul 5,
Fiorina 2,
Carson 2,
Santorum 1,
Huckabee 1

link
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - New Hampshire Republican Presidential Primary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections