Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 01:37 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Trump supporters regard asking Trump pointed questions, especially about his prior comments and actions, to be entirely inappropriate, unprofessional and off-limits, as the previous poster explained.
Only when the question is unfair.

Old 01-24-2016, 01:41 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,515,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Only when the question is unfair.
Under what circumstances is asking a political candidate about their previous comments or behaviors 'unfair'?

Old 01-24-2016, 01:48 PM

25,942 posts, read 22,098,104 times
Quote:
Under what circumstances is asking a political candidate about their previous comments or behaviors 'unfair'?
As a Trump supporter, I'm all for it as long as they do it with ALL candidates. Keep in mind that YOUR candidate may have some explaining to do also if we question their previous comments and/or behavior although he is the master of changing the subject to something that doesn't involve him personally.

Old 01-24-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
As a Trump supporter, I'm all for it as long as they do it with ALL candidates. Keep in mind that YOUR candidate may have some explaining to do also if we question their previous comments and/or behavior although he is the master of changing the subject to something that doesn't involve him personally.
It always had been regarded as fair game to ask all candidates about their previous comments and behaviors, until Barack Obama came around, when it all of the sudden was derided as "racist" if anyone asked him about anything that showed him in a bad light.

The only other candidate I can recall invoking this sort of a defense has been Donald Trump with regards to his previous comments, especially towards women. And for daring to ask Donald Trump questions of this sort, he has decided to attack the messenger, and cry 'unfair', in very Obamaesque fashion.

So, yes questions about a candidate's prior comments and conduct are fair game. They have to be. And that even includes Donald Trump.

Old 01-24-2016, 03:10 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
When they don't want to answer questions about public statements they have made about women in the past.

Old 01-24-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
When they don't want to answer questions about public statements they have made about women in the past.
That appears to be the case with Trump. He and his supporters know that these questions place Trump in a very bad spot with the larger electorate, even though he seems to be carrying about 35% of the Republican poll total, a support level which has been bolstered by a substantial influx of support from registered Democrats.

Trump and his supporters do not like this kind of accountability and are wailing like a bunch of babies that it is 'unfair' as a result. They have a lot in common with Obama supporters in this regard.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:11 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,698,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
As a Trump supporter, I'm all for it as long as they do it with ALL candidates.
I'm having trouble picturing the need to ask the other candidates about their previous public statements about women.

Edited to add: But, if you want the moderator to ask them all, then, sure ask them all that question. Also ask them all why they speak spanish in public, and why they felt the need to read green eggs and ham all night to shut down the governenment. That would be 'fair'. Totally, illogical, but 'fair'.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:14 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
When question is preceded by accusation and judgment without allowing the party to address said accusation before the question is even asked. And this is the only party in the debate to be treated this way.

Or question is hypocritical. We all know about that one. Plenty of Trump detractors do that all the time here. On standard for Trump, and different standard for their candidate who they are loath to say anything about.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:20 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times
I used to be a big Megen Kelly supporter as in watching her shows almost daily but since that debate and watching her being more biased we turn more to CNN at that time frame or just watch something else.

Even the times we still turn her show on we are shocked of her responses and clearly being biased.

I don't care about any host own opinions as they should restrain from that or come out as being an endorser of a certain person which is fine to me even if it is not the person I would support but to act as being neutral and just being biased doesn't sit well with me.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:22 PM

412 posts, read 451,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gregory View Post
The establishment who controls the media, is creating fake controversy to promote their candidate, Donald Trump. Behind close doors Fox executives and Trump celebrate the stupidity of the "little people" who don't realize they are part of the same team.

This is the new America, the Trumps and the Kardashians represent us. They are "one of us"... Let's Consume their products, watch their programs, vote for them all while we work 65-80 hours a week, while our salaries don't keep up with inflation and while the 1% keeps getting richer.

Cheap entertainment is the new opium of the masses.
Don't know about the rest of the post, but your last line is spot on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections