Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 05:36 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,243,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I used to be a big Megen Kelly supporter as in watching her shows almost daily but since that debate and watching her being more biased we turn more to CNN at that time frame or just watch something else.

Even the times we still turn her show on we are shocked of her responses and clearly being biased.

I don't care about any host own opinions as they should restrain from that or come out as being an endorser of a certain person which is fine to me even if it is not the person I would support but to act as being neutral and just being biased doesn't sit well with me.
We do the same. She seems almost frantic to get in her punches against Trump. She did it vicariously through the National Review the other night and didn't try to even hide her bias.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:02 PM

11,987 posts, read 5,315,466 times
Too bad Howard Beale was only a character in "Network" and that the actor who poytrayed him (Peter Finch) is dead. This election season would be perfect for him. An "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it" debate anchor for a likeminded electorate. Paddy Chayefsky wrote "Network" as a satire of network news but unfortunately it doesn't seem as far fetched now. All we need is a network anchor murdered on live tv due to lousy ratings.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:57 PM

17,491 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Trump's tactics here are remarkably similar to those used by the leftist political correctness thugs and bullies who try to intimidate and marginalize anyone who dares to confront or defy them, usually with a goal of seeing the targets of their wrath either fired or having their careers effectively ruined.

Seriously, have we not seen enough of this kind of nonsense already? Do we really want more of this? I don't think so.
Cruz and Trump are both following the Obama-Playbook. No experience, nobody gets along with them, not afraid of the media. Trump has the advantage here because he doesn't give a flip about what the Media says about him for the most part. He has a hard-on about Megyn Kelly, but that's because she asks the same type of tough questions of Trump that she asks of all the candidates (who dare to interview with her). Cruz has a disadvantage because he is afraid of his Congressional Record ..... which is abysmal ...... if anyone bothers to look. Trump has no record because he is not a CongressCritter.

Quote:
Trump supporters regard asking Trump pointed questions, especially about his prior comments and actions, to be entirely inappropriate, unprofessional and off-limits, as the previous poster explained.

The supporters of Barack Obama regard him as similarly off limits. Of course in those instances, anyone who asks Obama anything that he does not have a canned answer ready for is called a bigot or a racist. I would expect the Trump supporters to start casting similarly vile and baseless insults towards Kelly here shortly, if they have not already.
I find this the most interesting Campaign of my lifetime - the best part of it is that the Media has not figured out how to take total control of the narrative. That is largely due to The Donald - he doesn't FEAR them .... that unusual and somewhat Liberating.

The Lack of FEAR of the Media is (IMO) the greatest strength of Trump - it's the main reason for his popularity. Cruz talks a good story, but his record shows he is a coward who can't do any of the People's business in the Senate. He has the brains, he just is too much like Obama and doesn't want a Legislative Trail that anyone can follow.

Been there, Seen that. Not interested in another Prez who is more interested in "self" than the people.

Old 01-24-2016, 08:25 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,703,004 times
Kelly won't be able to control herself and do something similar like she did last time. It will keep Trump in the news spotlight going into primary elections and everyone will be talking about it for a week. Trump will call her out if she does. Fox did a terrible job moderating the first debate. I don't expect that to change because they want ratings. To have a moderator that is critical in every news report or opinion piece almost daily is a bad idea but one that Trump is very capable of dealing with. Lets face it the media has fallen into the mud. Their dress is dirty. Everyday for months we see nothing but negative headlines mostly trying to take Trump out of the race. They're not suddenly going to change now. People see them for who they are and what they are trying to do.

Trump has a lot of guts when it comes to the media. He will face any of them at anytime even the ones that are hostile to him. Hillary on the other hand is the opposite she won't answer questions and ignores them after laughing them off. She likes to rope them off and ban them from her fundraising and donor events. She will do the same if elected. Trump is transparent but Hillary likes to do things as much as possible in secret. Hillary wants to hide as much as possible but Trump is out there engaging the press constantly. He won't cower from them like Hillary.

Last edited by phma; 01-24-2016 at 08:37 PM..

Old 01-24-2016, 09:30 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,327,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Mr. Trump will do fine. He needs to overcome the fear of 5'5" blonde
They make her look taller sitting behind that desk. Can you imagine if she was 6'?

Old 01-24-2016, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Under what circumstances is asking a political candidate about their previous comments or behaviors 'unfair'?
If the previous "comments" came from a TV show. Since when candidates are responsible for what they say as actors?

Old 01-25-2016, 07:50 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,585,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
If the previous "comments" came from a TV show. Since when candidates are responsible for what they say as actors?
It's a reality show (BTW - not all comments came from the show) and Donald does not present himself as an 'actor'.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:56 AM

Newsmax says Donald may stage his own town hall event and skip the debate.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:01 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,717,345 times
If Trump isn't there, the ratings will drop off. Might even be as bad as the DNC debates.

Kelly would hate that.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:04 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,602,149 times
Lightbulb Fox tells Trump: Kelly will be debate moderator

It'll be a lovefest between those two.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections