Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2016, 03:25 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,438,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Neither has the crowd. There was a big awkward silence when Trump announced it at his rally - not the excitement and cheers he expected.
You could watch the video instead of lying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 03:38 AM

11,802 posts, read 5,807,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
I'm a Democrat, and I support Hillary Rodham Clinton for president. So I could care less which Republican endorses who.

Quick question - why exactly are you supporting Hillary? As a dem, I can't stand the woman after she did nothing but use NY for a stepping stone to the White House. I will admit I was never a fan of hers before that she didn't dump Bill's behind after he cheated on her in the White House no less and would have had more respect for her as a woman if she had kicked his butt to the curb and stood up for women, who's husbands can't keep it in their pants.

Her later actions as Sec of State and now the email scandal show me she is not trustworthy - so what exactly attracts people to Hillary? I just don't get the love.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:48 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,478,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodom28 View Post
Wow, clearly very unintelligent, but that's okay...When it's Trump vs Clinton, Trump will easily win. Jeff Sessions hasn't endorsed a candidate ever in his 24 yrs in senate.

I heard that Clinton will lose Washington, Oregon, and California and so it's not even set in stone that Clinton will be the nominee.

Also, Clinton is being indicted...
This one is just hilarious! You "heard" something???

Old 02-29-2016, 03:56 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
I'm a Democrat, and I support Hillary Rodham Clinton for president. So I could care less which Republican endorses who.
Well, we don't know the people on Wall Street backing her, either.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:50 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Neither has the crowd. There was a big awkward silence when Trump announced it at his rally - not the excitement and cheers he expected.
Are you kidding. There was huge cheering at that massive crowd.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:55 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,952,353 times
Quote:
Not true at ALL. This is the same type of post that others use when they claim that Trump's rallys have poor turnout....hoping the uninformed will fall for the lies.

There was massive cheering. Watch the rally.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:58 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Do not conflate the opposition to the Iraq war and the desire to win the war. I was not particularly for the war but once we were in I, as opposed to every Democrat at the time, did not want to leave in defeat. It was Reid who proudly claimed " the war is lost". The anti-war movement did not care if we left in defeat. In fact, they hoped we did just so the Ugly American learned a lesson.
I am not clear as to what defeat means in the context of Iraq. The Iraq invasion was an unnecessary and costly action on many levels. The main argument for the war was to eliminate WMD that ended up not existing in the first place. Continuing a mistake makes it more of a mistake.

The quote from Reid stating "the war is lost," was made over four years after the invasion. It took the allies four years to win World Wat II.

On the topic, Jeff Sessions is about the stupidest Senator out of the 100. This is the guy who said, Marijuana Can't Be Safer Than Alcohol Because 'Lady Gaga Says She's Addicted to It'. NY Magazine did a funny piece on Sessions.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:11 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,846,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Poor Cruzie, he used to mention Sessions' name over and over like he is the second coming . . . Let's cross out that line from his spiels.

Frankly, anyone who knows who Jeff Sessions is was going to vote for Mr. Trump (or maybe Cruz) anyway. Makes zero difference for the general.

Mick
Jeff Sessions may be good on immigration but he's full establishment on everything else and he has a background that is very sketchy on racist behavior.

• Voted in favor of bailing out Fannie Mae and Freddie Mack in April, June and July (2008).
• Voted for farm bill subsidies in 2002, 2007 and 2008.
• Voted against 4th amendment protection in data collection in 2012.
• Voted against prohibiting the forceful taking of farmland by the government (eminent domain) in 2007.
• Voted in favor of increasing the debt ceiling in 2003, 2004, 2006.
• Voted against an amendment to prohibit earmarks in 2012.
• Voted against including federal entities in the definition of earmarks in 2006.
• Voted in favor of the energy bill which subsidized alternative energy (mandated the use of ethanol and placed standards on producers of fuel, cars, and appliances) in 2007.
• Voted in favor of the Renewable Energy and Job Creation Act, which included 30 new tax provisions and cost $2 billion in 2008
• Voted in favor of allowing the Secretary of Agriculture to continue making loan guarantees in 2012.
• Voted against a 2012 amendment phasing out the Export-Import Bank.
• Voted in favor of reauthorizing the Export-Import Bank in 2012
• Voted against a 2012 amendment prohibiting the Export-Import Bank from providing financing to a person or project in a country that holds U.S. debt.
• Voted in favor of increasing the minimum wage in 2007.
Voted against an amendment blocking the usage of the PATRIOT Act to access firearms records of law abiding citizens in 2011.
• Voted in favor of the “fiscal cliff" deal in 2013, which raised taxes by $630 billion and including $230 billion in new spending.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:13 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,206,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Forget the KKK endorsement...this one is much worse.

David Duke ain't got nothing on Jeff "Beauregard" Sessions. And i mean NOTHING!!!

Jeff Sessions's chequered past | Sarah Wildman | Opinion | The Guardian

Well now, Trump's surely got the Republican nomination sewn up. We all know how Pubbies love those brave advocates for white supremacy.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:15 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Jeff Sessions may be good on immigration but he's full establishment on everything else and he has a background that is very sketchy on racist behavior.

• Voted in favor of bailing out Fannie Mae and Freddie Mack in April, June and July (2008).
• Voted for farm bill subsidies in 2002, 2007 and 2008.
• Voted against 4th amendment protection in data collection in 2012.
• Voted against prohibiting the forceful taking of farmland by the government (eminent domain) in 2007.
• Voted in favor of increasing the debt ceiling in 2003, 2004, 2006.
• Voted against an amendment to prohibit earmarks in 2012.
• Voted against including federal entities in the definition of earmarks in 2006.
• Voted in favor of the energy bill which subsidized alternative energy (mandated the use of ethanol and placed standards on producers of fuel, cars, and appliances) in 2007.
• Voted in favor of the Renewable Energy and Job Creation Act, which included 30 new tax provisions and cost $2 billion in 2008
• Voted in favor of allowing the Secretary of Agriculture to continue making loan guarantees in 2012.
• Voted against a 2012 amendment phasing out the Export-Import Bank.
• Voted in favor of reauthorizing the Export-Import Bank in 2012
• Voted against a 2012 amendment prohibiting the Export-Import Bank from providing financing to a person or project in a country that holds U.S. debt.
• Voted in favor of increasing the minimum wage in 2007.
Voted against an amendment blocking the usage of the PATRIOT Act to access firearms records of law abiding citizens in 2011.
• Voted in favor of the “fiscal cliff" deal in 2013, which raised taxes by $630 billion and including $230 billion in new spending.
Impressive oppo research! Very timely.

See, Sessions is a RINO, too.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections