Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 10:59 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Bernie's biggest job held was as Chairman of the Veteran's Affairs Committee and he indisputably failed miserably. There were allegations of abuses coming in for years that he plain ignored and did not investigate. Siding with the protection of union workers over the health and lives of our veterans. The VA scandal was as bad as it was, because he was arguably the worst chairman in the history of the VA.

So the logic goes...Bernie can't run a government committee, so we should put him in charge of the entire nation?!?!

Bernie Sanders failed to act in deadly VA scandal, whistleblower says - Watchdog.org

Bernie Sanders stuns nation with response to VA hospital scandal - Watchdog.org

Sanders stretched truth on VA record, some vets groups say - CNNPolitics.com

Yes, Bernie failed miserably at running something tiny, but he will offer us free stuff if he is in charge of everything!

About that, he likely won't get most ideas through congress and if he did...his plans would destroy our national debt. Economists keep saying that analysis of his plans show that he is vastly over stating how much revenue he will bring in as he ramps up federal spending $18 Trillion over 10 years. Our national debt of $19,000,000,000,000.00 will balloon and accelerate.

Bernie Sanders' proposals to pay for his health plan may fall short by trillions - Feb. 3, 2016

Free college and healthcare for all - how would Bernie Sanders pay for it? - Oct. 16, 2015

Etc....

It is okay, Bernie Sanders' supporters can blast Trump for not being specific enough, while applauding Bernie for not only avoiding specifics, but giving fantasy land answers whenever he gives a specific of how to implement the freebies.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Granted ALL of the major candidates seem severely flawed.

-Hillary is corrupt and a compulsive liar that jeopardized US secrets to protect her own.

-Trump runs his mouth constantly bickering with anyone in the most petty of ways while avoiding specifics more than most candidates.

-Cruz seems slimy with his dishonest tactics in Iowa and is too socially conservative.
Great analysis, and I agree 100% with your take on all the candidates. Too bad you didn't say anything about glib, inexperienced Rubio, who wants to increase visas.

The way the media goes after candidates, it's getting to the point where no one good wants to run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 11:01 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm not sure there were proposals on either side of the aisle to "fix" the VA system. Many wont even recognize there is a problem with it, surely not the left who holds it up as a model to how efficient (cough) government can run healthcare..
I don't disagree but that is a far different argument than the idea that the GOP cares. Neither side overall cares. There are a small handful of politicians that do.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:03 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't disagree but that is a far different argument than the idea that the GOP cares. Neither side overall cares. There are a small handful of politicians that do.
So the GOP doesnt care because they havent made changes, but Bernie Sanders cares greatly, even though there was no changes.

hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:05 AM

Quote:
So the GOP doesnt care because they havent made changes, but Bernie Sanders cares greatly, even though there was no changes.

I know you aren't stupid and understand no one Senator can make changes on their own. For some reason though, that does not stop you from playing the role.

Sanders: Fire 'incompetent' VA staff now | TheHill

Old 02-05-2016, 11:08 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,630,095 times
Quote:

Have you ever been on a political Board and try to effect change when no one wants to? I have. It is frustrating and sickening because of the hypocrisy and betrayal of the people that the politicians are suppose to represent.

The government is bought and paid for. They represent themselves and the super-rich. They live in D.C., Inc., the richest counties in the U.S. Get rid of them. They are despicable human beings. Nothing will change as long as Congress feels secure in their job. To go after Sanders because of the muck in D.C. Inc. makes no sense.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:11 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I know you aren't stupid and understand no one Senator can make changes on their own. For some reason though, that does not stop you from playing the role.

Sanders: Fire 'incompetent' VA staff now | TheHill
Clinton also called for her emails all to be released, I know you arent stupid enough to believe that people get what they call for..

Old 02-05-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Clinton also called for her emails all to be released, I know you arent stupid enough to believe that people get what they call for..
Clinton is a liar, Bernie did actually believe the above.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:20 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
You have to be fair to the Bern and look at his other positions, not just government ones. Just because he is an utter failure in public service doesn't mean he is completely useless.

How did he do in his job(s) in private business? Did he do a good job as a CEO or manager?
How many jobs did he create with the private businesses he founded?
How many of the businesses he started are still around?
How many went bankrupt?

Old 02-05-2016, 11:24 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
I supported Paul on the Republican side. I wish more Republicans listened to his message.
I do as well. He's the candidate I'd like to see win. Not that it's going to happen. He's not religiousey enough to win the primary and doesn't promise enough free sh*t to win the general.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:27 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Granted ALL of the major candidates seem severely flawed.

-Hillary is corrupt and a compulsive liar that jeopardized US secrets to protect her own.

-Trump runs his mouth constantly bickering with anyone in the most petty of ways while avoiding specifics more than most candidates.

-Cruz seems slimy with his dishonest tactics in Iowa and is too socially conservative.

Bernie is certainty better than Hillary in the trustworthiness department.
He tells it like he sees it, and lets the chips fall where they may. I can certainly respect that even if I disagree with him.

So who is left for the (D's) to vote for?

Any of them voting for Hillary would need to be brain-dead, especially gun owners. Believe it or not, there are still some normal voters in the (D) party that are not left wing, social justice, gun grabbing kooks. They may not like Bernie, but certainly cannot vote for Hillary either. So they will be left with the choice of voting (R) depending on who the (R) nominee is, or not voting at all.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections