Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2016, 09:01 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,389,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
According to the lead article, it's not clear whether that $14.5 trillion is annual or ten year. But economically, when ordinary people have more money, they spend it and that is highly stimulative due to their direct spending and the multiplier effect.

In addition, Mr. Sanders has been very clear where the tax money comes from, Wall Street taxes and increases on income taxes, primarily aimed at the wealthy. But he does think middle-class taxes would rise if his universal health plan is adopted but the cost of those tax increases would be more than offset by obviation of insurance premiums.

People should not spend one dime of their money until their 401K or other retirement account is fully funded and they have six months of living expenses saved up. They should not be blowing any savings on a new TV or vacation trying to stimulate the economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 09:05 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So you dont know what
You stated you saw something. I replied in kind. It seemed to have worked.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Well, hundreds of thousands of bright young pupils can not go to university because of their poor family background. Its a massive loss of potential both for the individual and the economy. A well educated population is less likely to commit crime as well, so you'll be paying less for incarceration, which is a huge expense on the budget.

Baloney. Anyone can get a student loan.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:06 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree with this, but she's had more exposure than most people. Yet she has never been arrested, convicted or even indicted on anything. That's what gets me so annoyed. People believe what they want to believe. I was in Walmart a couple of days ago and one of the clerks told me Obama is going to raise taxes by 58% and she's very worried. I just shook my head. No point in arguing with someone who makes such a statement.

Anyway, the reason I mentioned this is because not long ago someone said to me "I don't trust Hillary" and I asked why. I got no response whatsoever. She just shrugged. At least if she gave me a reason, I would be able to make sense of it. People are more concerned about emails than when a previous Secretary of State ignored an urgent warning from the CIA costing thousands of American lives.
I'll tell you why. Because she lies. All the time. So no, I can't trust what comes out of her mouth.

Just because the she's being protected at the moment from indictment, doesn't mean she isn't guilty. Because she lies. All the time. So her protests of innocence are lies.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So you dont know what Sanders is running around telling people his proposals would accomplish, and when others actually point them out to you, even you, doubt they are true?

haha

Bernie Sanders Momentum Grows After Strong Performance At CNN New Hampshire Town Hall | Politicus USA

Sanders was asked by an audience member if he was going to raise taxes on the middle-class. Sanders explained his comprehensive health care plan that would raise taxes by $500 but save $5,000 in healthcare costs. The audience member responded that he would be happy to pay more taxes if it would lower his health insurance premiums.

You'll still defend and promote him, while attacking others for pointing out his proposed solutions are completely ridiculous..
I have no idea what the exact numbers will be, just the same as you do not.

We can reform health care to where it is much less expensive. Yes, all will have to give a little up to get there but I'm O.K. with that.

It sure beats sending kids over to die for what I want.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Why is this so different from what Hillary Clinton is proposing? She's fought for the elderly, children and family services and affordable health care for 40 years.
No, she's fought for the Clintons for 40 years. Just take a look at her "charity", which gives little out in actual charity but manages to pay for the extravagant lifestyle of the the Clinton family.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Thats not malarkey. Even if you know 500 of those, there are still hundreds of thousands who are shut out because of a lack of money. Families are all different. Some come from families where the mother died, has disabled siblings, working minimum wage but finding it impossible to go to college. This isnt the 1950s anymore where a high school education was enough to do well. Its 2016 and a college education is the equivalent of high school in the past. And high school is fully funded by the taxpayer.

Those people should have not popped out a kid in the first place if they cannot afford to raise them properly.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Baloney. Anyone can get a student loan.
At 8% interest while bankers can get them at 0%.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
History shows when you help the little guy it helps everyone. I do think there is merit in stealing billions in profits from greedy capitalists who really create nothing. We don't need a national health plan, we need to nationalize the entire health industry. There is a big difference.
Good-bye, Sweet America. Where your property is not yours anymore, but belongs to the government, and they will decide how much of your own property you "get" to keep.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
So that we can all get the kind of service delivered by the VA Hospitals? Yeah.........that's a great plan.
Funny, Bernie was in charge of the VA for a time, wasn't he?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections