Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 05:10 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,844,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Maybe you don't realize that much of Cruz's base believes that Obama wasn't born in the USA.
That is something you are projecting. I was never an Obama birther and thought Trump was a jerk for doing what he did. The fact that Obama was subjected to the birther nonsense, does not somehow create a valid reason for the same stupidity towards Cruz. Isn't something that is wrong, still wrong, regardless of who the "target" is? Revenge or vengence is really a bad reason to give bad actions a pass.

And realistically, wouldn't it be Trump supporters that were on his side for the Obama birther charade??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 05:10 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Which provides you with all the motivation you need to get your tinfoil hat on over the issue. We get it.
Why the insult? Are you trying to say that I am incorrect?

Old 02-12-2016, 05:14 PM

20 posts, read 19,271 times
Trump is crazy! I cannot believe how reckless he is for a presidential candidate.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmanzi77 View Post
Trump is crazy! I cannot believe how reckless he is for a presidential candidate.
Did you read the OP? It wasn't Trump who filed the lawsuit.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:21 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,844,112 times
Quote:
He could have gone to the courts himself and had it ruled on once and for all.
And how would that work? Would he sue himself?

Old 02-12-2016, 05:24 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,532,119 times
Quote:
Why the insult? Are you trying to say that I am incorrect?
Because you tend to be unbalanced and over the top when it comes to Ted Cruz or other candidates not named Donald Trump.

I get it, you support Donald Trump. That's cool. And there are any number of legitimate differences and issues that distinguish the two. However, this is one of the issues where you are jumping the shark, whether you realize it or not. But the thing is, I am pretty confident that you do realize it and you are continuing to push this anyway, even though you know that this is just trolling and nothing more.

Just FYI, you will be much more credible on the criticisms you direct at the candidates that you do not support if you are willing to compliment them when you get the chance on areas where they do well, and if you refrain from jumping on board every "throw it at the wall and see if it sticks" nonsense smear effort that comes along.

Keep it up if it makes you feel better. I just get the sense that you could do better, if you wanted to.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
And how would that work? Would he sue himself?
See this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaratory_judgment

Old 02-12-2016, 05:28 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,821,980 times
Trump and crew are probably not that serious about an actual court case IMO. But they are very serious about making it an issue.

It is going to be very difficult for Cruz to get around the issue. After all, Cruz was born in Canada and is a natural born citizen of Canada. No way he can get around that. And most people don't care for the courts and the legal mumbo jumbo nonsense they sometimes up come up with (and thats a fact).

The Cruz attack ads almost write themselves. No matter how Cruz tries to defend himself, the "natural born" phrase means one thing (and one thing only) to many people regardless of some weird (to them) legal ruling. And then add in the Canadian birth certificate. Not good.

It just depends on how hard Trump wants to push the issue.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:30 PM

15,649 posts, read 10,405,925 times
Cruz is a natural born American. Both of his parents were Americans, making Cruz an American at birth even if his parents were living outside of our borders.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:30 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,770,925 times
Quote:
Maybe you don't realize that much of Cruz's base believes that Obama wasn't born in the USA.
I do realize it. But that doesn't mean that they will doubt Cruz the same way they doubt Obama.

Birther arguments are just not taken seriously by the supporters of the "birthered" candidate. Because they are all too transparent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections