Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 12:31 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
As if America isn't already disliked by people all over the world, Trump is just what we need to really damage our image and foreign relations. I am simply amazed that some people actually support someone this low and vile for the most important position in our country. But then, look at the people who cheered for Adolf Hitler !
I'm surprised the Hitler card didn't come out earlier in this thread.

Of maybe it did.

At any rate, it is proof that the one who plays it has no good argument and is not to be taken seriously.

America will be hated for as long as it is the most powerful nation in the world.

Pettiness and jealousy are the reason why we are hated.

The hate and resentment have existed for as long as I can remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
At the very start, when he called Mexicans rapists and criminals. Before you regurgitate that he was speaking of illegals, he never mentioned illegals during the speech. He 'clarified' later on.
It was obvious that he was not talking about ALL Mexicans or even ALL illegal aliens from Mexico.

But nice try.

And I will add that the more Latino U.S. citizens defend their illegal brethren, the less they are going to be liked by other Americans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Trump can't do squat without Congress. He can't build his stupid wall
Yes, he can.

The money to build 700 miles of it was appropriated by Congress a long time ago.

All Trump has to do is enforce existing law, which says that illegals must be deported.

Trump as president has a perfect right to enforce existing law, and he can take action on his own to secure the border, our other ports of entry, go after employers who hire illegals, etc.

Quote:
he can't charge Mexico for his stupid wall
Yes, he can. Through tariffs if nothing else. If Mexico wants to trade with the U.S. (and it does), then it will pay.

Quote:
he can't deny someone entry into this country because they're Muslim.
Yes, he can.

Foreigners do not have any rights here unless they're already in the country.

He's going to keep them out of this country.

Quote:
All that bloviating is meant to connect with the lowest common denominator
I would say the lowest common denominator are those who repeatedly (and knowingly in many cases) say false things about Trump.

Quote:
....If Trump is so thin skinned he can't take criticism, he's applying for the wrong job.
Can't take it?

He loves it!

Every time he's attacked -- by the Pope, by the British Parliament, by NBC, by the conservative National Review, by Macy's, by the Mexican government, by Univision, by the Democrats, by the liberals, by Fox News, by the other Republican candidates, and by the Republican Party Establishment -- his poll numbers go up!

Quote:
Unless Mr Trump wants to alienate the millions of Catholics by slamming one of the most popular Popes in recent history, I would advise him to tread lightly on this one.
Give it up already.

Most American Catholics don't want the Pope poking his nose into our politics.

Neither does anyone else except the Trump haters -- who would shriek their little heads off if the Pope spoke out against gays, abortion, or whatever else they value.

Quote:
If the GOP wanted to do something to stem the flow of illegal immigrants they could have gone after the businesses who hire them. And by "go after" I mean shut them the hell down.
Agreed.

Name one candidate who is more likely to do that than Trump.

The other candidates -- both Republican and Democrat -- get contributions from businesses that don't want a crack-down on all that cheap labor they're getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
...And, yes, he was suggesting that Muslims should not be allowed to immigrate to this country. A "total and complete shutdown" doesn't mean vetting.
As you probably already know, the shutdown is to be temporary -- "until we figure out what the hell is going on" in Trump's own words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Your family must be so ashamed of what their homeland has become.
Yes, and they should go back and fix their own country instead of trying to change ours.

Old 02-23-2016, 06:24 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
This I'll say: better Trump the loud mouth than Hillary the bald faced liar. Period.

Illegal aliens: IF we were allowed to enforce the present laws against their kind; MOST would leave like yesterday and the few hard heads left would shut up because IF they tried to start stuff, they'd be cuffed and stuffed then deported. Too; "illegal alien" ain't a race and NOT all Indians speaking Spanish are even here illegally.
I'm no fan of Hillary, either. Don't make assumptions.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:19 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
This I'll say: better Trump the loud mouth than Hillary the bald faced liar. Period.

Illegal aliens: IF we were allowed to enforce the present laws against their kind; MOST would leave like yesterday and the few hard heads left would shut up because IF they tried to start stuff, they'd be cuffed and stuffed then deported. Too; "illegal alien" ain't a race and NOT all Indians speaking Spanish are even here illegally.
Trump has two problems outside of his questionable voting record and flip-flopping since 2008. His rhetoric and his thin-skinned reactions to criticism.

His rhetoric while "many of us think the exact thing," is very harsh. Not that I side with illegal immigration, it is a crime, what he says is just nonsense. Just how would Mexico pay for the wall alone. Just how would this wall stop immigration. Also there is the fact it isn't just the election he needs to protect but the next four/five years. I highly doubt that someone who says that will stop in the White House, Trump has always been outspoken to the extreme.

His thin-skinnedness is bit off putting too and I too think that it won't just go away when elected. He complains able the attacks from The media and opponents, what about when he runs afoul of Congress? What happens when he shoots his mouth off at the wrong world leader. He claims to NOT be a war monger, his mouth says different.

For these reasons I can't vote for him. I also don't like the big money aspect either.

Old 02-23-2016, 05:38 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
I can't say there is ONE person running from either party who I really am going to feel great about voting for. But it certainly will not be Trump.

Don

Old 02-25-2016, 02:15 PM

921 posts, read 1,132,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Fantastic !! Now I Fully support da Donald. The Pope is a glorified Fraud. Raised as catholic, but spared the delusion of that bogus teaching, I have witnessed in this Vatican deceitful symbol much bogus bull.

Seriously, Trump is more sapient than I thought.
The "Pope" is the Antichrist mentioned in the bible! He comes into town wanting folks to bow down and worship him. Plus, he claims to have the power to heal people by laying his hands on them.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:18 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,669,414 times
Trump winning..

Bye bye mexicans.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:50 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,877,431 times
The only conspiracy I know of is a systematic effort ( years in the making) to have the Francians take charge of the Vatican, the "arrangement". with communist countries to provide an element of portectuon. The two massive telescopes (one in Arizona one in Italy) are earmarked to receive aliens should they exist. Rumor has it they want to convert them which I find nonsensical. We believe ISIS wants to headquarters themselves in the Vatican and thereby eliminate all Vatican clergy and anyone associated.

Ref Petrus Rumanus
Exo- Vaticana
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections