Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 03:22 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,340,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
All that matters to many evangelicals is that they hate LGBT people. That is the litmus test of who is a true "Christian" and who isn't. Cruz hates LGBT people and that is good enough to rally the base behind who they see as a true "man of God."
No one is concerned about the whether Cruz hates the LGBT community or not. Its less than 3% of the population in the US. As much as the biased, liberal media would love for you to think they are a large number and they matter, no one cares.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 03:23 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
No one is concerned about the whether Cruz hates the LGBT community or not. Its less than 3% of the population in the US. No one cares.
Cruz' base does. That's exactly why they are voting for him.

Old 02-16-2016, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Cruz' base does. That's exactly why they are voting for him.
You think people are voting for Cruz because he doesn't like the LGBT community? LOL!!!!

Old 02-16-2016, 03:32 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
You think people are voting for Cruz because he doesn't like the LGBT community? LOL!!!!
Cruz has the God, gays, and guns vote locked up and is the most exciting candidate for that crowd. I don't know anybody else who is voting for him.

Old 02-16-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Cruz has the God, gays, and guns vote locked up and is the most exciting candidate for that crowd. I don't know anybody else who is voting for him.
Im voting for Cruz and I haven't been to a church in 14 years and I work with gay people quite often. Have friends who are gay as well. I also live in liberal as hell southern CA. Stereotypes are fun aren't they?!

Old 02-16-2016, 03:42 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,782,671 times
Quote:
No one is concerned about the whether Cruz hates the LGBT community or not. Its less than 3% of the population in the US. As much as the biased, liberal media would love for you to think they are a large number and they matter, no one cares.
See this is typical rightie thinking. No one cares because he or she doesn't care. While gays may be 3% (which is disputable) of the population, they all have family and friends for whom is may be very important, and they do care. Then you have large chunks of the population, like me, who has no gay friends or relatives (as far as I know) but strongly believes in the American system of justice and 14th amendment, which you originalist types always forget because it's so hard for you to get past number 2.

Old 02-16-2016, 03:44 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,782,671 times
Quote:
Im voting for Cruz and I haven't been to a church in 14 years and I work with gay people quite often. Have friends who are gay as well. I also live in liberal as hell southern CA. Stereotypes are fun aren't they?!
This is absolutely risible. Do you have 'black' friends too?

Old 02-16-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
See this is typical rightie thinking. No one cares because he or she doesn't care. While gays may be 3% (which is disputable) of the population, they all have family and friends for whom is may be very important, and they do care. Then you have large chunks of the population, like me, who has no gay friends or relatives (as far as I know) but strongly believes in the American system of justice and 14th amendment, which you originalist types always forget because it's so hard for you to get past number 2.
Read my post above yours. Just because I have gay friends doesn't mean Im voting for some liberal Democrat because voting Cruz might hurt one of their feelings somehow. They are good enough friends where they wouldn't want me to anyways. People can still be friends despite opposing political views you know.

Old 02-16-2016, 03:50 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,662,692 times
Quote:
Speaking of stereotypes, I believe there was someone who was saying that Trump will get steamrolled in Cruz SEC Evangelical country.

Old 02-16-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Speaking of stereotypes, I believe there was someone who was saying that Trump will get steamrolled in Cruz SEC Evangelical country.
Trump has more problems in SEC country than being a fraud when it comes to being religious. Like that fact that he berates companies for stealing American jobs and sending them to China and Mexico, while he has his own clothing line made in CHINA and MEXICO. Thats just the start of the problems with this pathetic fraud that people out in SEC country will see right thru.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections