Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 11:42 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
Is it kinda like the Hitler salute? Sure. Does that mean that its a secret "hey we're all nazi's" message? What??

Has Trump found approval amoung Neo-Nazis, yeah, but that doesn't make him a nazi. The guy is shrewd as hell when it comes to things. At the absolute worst I could see Trump doing this as a ploy to get the media to give him crazy coverage because it seems like none of the crazy coverage he gets blows up in his face, but I doubt that's really what this is. And I completely 100% can't see this being his secret nod to racists nationwide, because yeah that's ridiculous and even if he was a secret Nazi he's smart enough to realize that it would be a stupid move to make.
Trump: Not a racist, but #1 with racists!

Old 03-08-2016, 11:48 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
https://twitter.com/AntitheisticLib/...09439394074625

Old 03-08-2016, 01:26 PM

3,839 posts, read 1,788,855 times
It is Hitler like, and I don't think Trump mind's the comparison.

Trump pushes and pushes to see how far he can go and still get people to vote for him. Look at all the foolish things he's said in the last year and yet still is getting thousands to support his bogus candidacy.

Old 03-08-2016, 01:28 PM

4,507 posts, read 4,046,465 times
Trump's bringing all the broke backs outta the woodwork.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:16 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
This Hitler oath thing is ridiculous. Let's not cry wolf every time Mr. Trump does something . . .

Mick

Old 03-08-2016, 03:49 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,988,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Honestly I never know what to think anymore when I read/see anything in the media.

I saw videos of the hand raising. On the Today show this morning on a phone interview he was asked point blank about the Hitler reference, and he said he didn't even realize it was anything even in the news (I will call BS on that).

So, is Trump acting like Hitler did with his mannerisms etc. Should Americans be truly concerned about Trump from this angle, or is it just more media hogwash?
It is definitely cause for concern and I don't understand why people don't see that. Starting his rallies with what amounts to a pledge to support him no matter what may come is far too close to fascism. Even if he isn't leaning that way, the fact that he claims to not have seen in advance the parallels that this activity would draw to the Hitler salute shows that either his judgment is far too poor to be the leader of a nation, or he just doesn't care. Taking this as a whole with some of his other ideologies leads me to believe it's the latter, and is frightening.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:59 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
This has got to be the dumbest, most contrived smear against Trump yet. This would make EVERY right-hand-raising oath a Hitler salute: the pledge of alliance, the citizenship pledge for new Americans, the swear-in on the Bible in court, etc. Totally dumb comparison. He is asking people to vote for him, not invade Poland and exterminate all Jews.

Old 03-08-2016, 04:08 PM

401 posts, read 649,983 times
well he doesn't want to exterminate Jews but he wants to ban Muslims
pretty sure Hitler didn't say he wanted to exterminate Jews but just that there was a Jewish problem just like Trump is saying there is a Muslim problem

Old 03-08-2016, 04:09 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Honestly I never know what to think anymore when I read/see anything in the media.

I saw videos of the hand raising. On the Today show this morning on a phone interview he was asked point blank about the Hitler reference, and he said he didn't even realize it was anything even in the news (I will call BS on that).

So, is Trump acting like Hitler did with his mannerisms etc. Should Americans be truly concerned about Trump from this angle, or is it just more media hogwash?
Your post is hogwash. It's always about policy.

Old 03-08-2016, 04:12 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,988,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
This has got to be the dumbest, most contrived smear against Trump yet. This would make EVERY right-hand-raising oath a Hitler salute: the pledge of alliance, the citizenship pledge for new Americans, the swear-in on the Bible in court, etc. Totally dumb comparison. He is asking people to vote for him, not invade Poland and exterminate all Jews.
Absolutely wrong. Swearing an oath to tell the truth, to be a good citizen, to be the President, etc, are not pledges of fealty to an individual. They are pledges to support an ideal (such as truth), to defend the constitution, or to citizenship. Swearing to support a man who has demanded it is far different. How can you not see that?

Oh....and I have never, ever seen anyone raise their right hand to say the Pledge of Allegiance. You place it over your heart, or you salute if in uniform.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections