Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2016, 05:56 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,374,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
OMG, I can't believe you just said this? So now it is the fault of those of us who put the present politician in office? What would you suggest we do now?
It's not so much the fault of those who put him in office.....I've said this many times...it is the fault of those who re-elected him though when he turned out to be nothing like he claimed to be or nothing like those on the "left" should support.

People are tired of constantly being lied to. Well, based upon Hillary's numbers, there are some that still accept it but's going to cause the rest to get madder and madder.

I suggest people vote for the most honest politician in the race. Sanders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2016, 06:01 AM

89,469 posts, read 45,146,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Trump just won the election tonight. Thank you Chicago leftists for participating in the greatest rope a dope of all time. If you think I'm delusional, that's fine. Read Art of the Deal, been saying this from the beginning. None of this is by chance, Trump knows exactly what he is doing.

He comes out of this stronger then ever. Today was a very good day. Some of you with half a brain have already realized this, the rest of you will have your "oh sh*t" moment this coming Tuesday. Thank you for playing...
The protesters who were lined up to harass and verbally assault the people in the cars leaving the parking garage clinched this.

Protest Trump? Fine. Verbally assault others for their opinions? Crossed the line. The protesters are the oppressors.

Old 03-12-2016, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
The only thing we have to go by is the way they are acting. They are certainly not civilized. Bunch of thugs. America doesn't have too many people in prison; they have too few! Blaming the victim, Trump supporters, for what unlawful people are doing is wrong. The biggest problem we have in this country is that the unlawful get to speak but the lawful have to cancel meetings because we have no voice and stupid idiots take up for the unlawful.
These same claims were made about those protesting the wars 45 years ago. I was around then but not old enough to understand everything but I can still recall what was said about the protesters. History has shown that the protesters were right and more recent history has shown that our current "leaders" learned nothing from that.

Trump does argue for many of those same failed policies.

Old 03-12-2016, 06:06 AM

3,954 posts, read 5,107,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Protest Trump? Fine. Verbally assault others for their opinions? Crossed the line. The protesters are the oppressors.
That's why we can't allow the anti Trump agitators to win or they'll just use these dirty tricks in the general election.

Whether you like Donald Trump or not is irrelevant. Suppressing his First Amendment rights is dangerous and should be resisted by any and every thoughtful person.

Old 03-12-2016, 06:06 AM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,695,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
These same claims were made about those protesting the wars 45 years ago. I was around then but not old enough to understand everything but I can still recall what was said about the protesters. History has shown that the protesters were right and more recent history has shown that our current "leaders" learned nothing from that.

Trump does argue for many of those same failed policies.
Do what? The only protest that works is voting. I remember the Viet Nam protestors and draft dodgers. I had a husband, 2 brothers and a brother-in-law who fought in the war and the protestors were wrong cowards. I am curious what those failed policies were. The biggest problem in Viet Nam is that we were not there to win. Our soldiers are being treated like that right now. Go over there and give your lives but don't kill or upset anyone. I don't hear Trump saying that. Go over there, take care of it and come home should be the policy.

Old 03-12-2016, 06:07 AM

37,821 posts, read 41,136,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy Omega View Post
Says the guy from Arizona... ranked 48th in the country on any ranking. Worse economy and educational results than many 3rd world nations. It's basically where retired idiots in america go to die.
Well that's because of the illegals. If you had a flood of uneducated poor people using your state as a doormat maybe you'd think differently, Chompy.

Old 03-12-2016, 06:07 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,559,204 times
Donald Trump has instigated a fight against the Democrat left's political correctness agenda. This is the 'Front' of that battle, a battle that Trump has chosen. Trump's effective opposition to this violent and very dangerous agenda, which is effectively about ending free speech in this country, is actually what these thugs were gathered to oppose.

This is what is on the line. It is a battle that Trump started. It is a battle that we as a nation desperately needed someone to take the lead on. Trump did. Well, as we can all see, this is turning into a real 'battle'. It is really on, because now that this group has succeeded in stopping this Trump rally in Chicago, you know it will not be the last place these tactics are employed by these people.

We have seen this sort of thuggery from these leftist goons on college campuses, the BLM movement protests, the homo-fascists in places like Memories Pizza in Walker, Indiana, and of course in the Ferguson and Baltimore riots. This sort of violence and incivility are now standard tactics used by a variety of segments of the Democrat left.

These people and their outrageous behavior threaten who we are as a nation down to its very foundations, including our first amendment rights to free thought and expression, especially freedom of speech and freedom of religion. They must be stopped.

If Donald Trump wants to realize his most impressive victory yet, he needs to demonstrate he can handle these people, as they are the greatest enemy our nation faces, bar none. If he allows them to handle him, then he is probably in for a fast exit from this race.

I am no Donald Trump fan, but I hope he succeeds here. This issue that he is now confronting is a lot bigger and a lot more important than anything else that is going on in this presidential contest. Good luck, Donald. Regardless of whether you succeed in your quest for the presidency, we desperately need for you to succeed in this.

Last edited by Spartacus713; 03-12-2016 at 06:15 AM..

Old 03-12-2016, 06:08 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,527,724 times
Quote:
The only thing we have to go by is the way they are acting. They are certainly not civilized. Bunch of thugs. America doesn't have too many people in prison; they have too few! Blaming the victim, Trump supporters, for what unlawful people are doing is wrong. The biggest problem we have in this country is that the unlawful get to speak but the lawful have to cancel meetings because we have no voice and stupid idiots take up for the unlawful.
Well said! and worth repeating!

Old 03-12-2016, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Do what? The only protest that works is voting.
As I pointed out elsewhere, the protests of 55 years ago and then again 45 years ago did work.

We realize that you can't put all your trust in politicians that lie.

Old 03-12-2016, 06:09 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,638,833 times
This went as expected. You know you're on the right track when your enemies are a bunch of violent thugs and charlatans. It's unfortunate that a cenrtain sect of the population can't get together for anything except a riot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections