Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 02:21 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,268,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
You are just speculating and hoping Trump wins those states, you have no idea. Things could change a lot and soon. Rumors of a Cruz/Kasich ticket and other scenarios which could change everything.

Cruz/ Kasich ticket?..... one for a wall on border and to deport all illegals and the other one for open borders and amnesty?.....Yeah.

Glenn Beck, Levin and other talk radio will go mad. Levin and Rush hates Kasich .

your Boy Cruz is a weak candidate.....he went 0-6 last Tuesday. Trump beat Cruz in Miami-DADE county with Cubans by 13%.......the South which is Cruz firewall he went 3 out of 14 states to a guy from New York who isn't a politician with NO Super Pac money and the Gop establishment against him and still Cruz went 3 out of 14 states in the South.

it does matter how many people are in the primary, if you are good candidate you win the states you are strong in. You should win if there is 2 candidates or 5 candidates if you are good. Cruz isn't.

Trump for the past 2 weeks got bad press after bad press and the GOP establishment with their Super Pacs ran negative ads on Trump worth over 40 million and still Cruz couldn't win 1 state with solid numbers? he went 0-6 which is weak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 02:30 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
You are just speculating and hoping Trump wins those states, you have no idea. Things could change a lot and soon. Rumors of a Cruz/Kasich ticket and other scenarios which could change everything.
No speculation.. Feel free to disprove what I said with specifics.

Old 03-17-2016, 02:34 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
WaldoK,

What about the votes in Missouri? Is that still up in the air? I believe MO has 52 delegates or so, right?

Thanks
It's a winner take most state where the majority of votes are apportioned by winning congressional district. Trump won 25, Cruz won 15. The remaining 12 are given to winner of state. So in either case, Trump walks away with most delegates or 2 less than Cruz. It's down to two counties where apparently, there are no results.

In either case is well within the margin of my example.

Old 03-17-2016, 02:43 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,268,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's a winner take most state where the majority of votes are apportioned by winning congressional district. Trump won 25, Cruz won 15. The remaining 12 are given to winner of state. So in either case, Trump walks away with most delegates or 2 less than Cruz. It's down to two counties where apparently, there are no results.

Cruz has 5. Trump has has 25.....Trump won the majority of the counties and if Trump keeps the lead statewide he gets an additional 12 more...which he takes 37 as of right now....the other 15 remaining will be divided proportionally.

Missouri Primary Election Results 2016 - The New York Times

Old 03-17-2016, 03:05 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,197,347 times
Thumbs up Thanks WK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

WaldoK,

I just found this:

"Donald Trump has picked up 37 delegates in Missouri and Ted Cruz has won 15, the state's Republican Party announced Wednesday.

The allocations, which were announced a day after the state's primary, are tentative until the Missouri secretary of state certifies the results."

It was in a CBS article. It seems to be what you are saying. I have to finish reading it...

Thanks.

Old 03-17-2016, 03:44 PM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
I think this is the article: Missouri GOP announces delegate allocation from primary - CBS News

Boehner sees the same Cruz that I do, note the names he came up with: http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/lo.../16/id/719453/ I actually think Rubio had more respect than Cruz, much more. Cruz infuriates people and/or makes their skin crawl.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:01 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
With Rubio out, Ted will be getting more than 50% of the vote in the majority of states left to go.
Then there is this little tactic he learned from the Ron Paul Grassroots. The majority of bound Trump delegates, are Ted Cruz supporters. Yes, they are bound to trump on the first vote, but.........
SHOCKER!

Trump has no clue it is coming. He wants the magic number lowered to accommodate what ever he has.
LOL!
There is ZERO way for Cruz to pick up 50% of the vote in the Blue NE & Blue West - he is as much an Ideologue as Obama was - the flip side of the coin. He has NO BASE in those States, Cruz couldn't even take the Southern Evangelical States that were supposed to be his "Firewall". I don't hold a lot of hope that all these Blue States are suddenly going to "see a light come down from heaven and vote Ted Cruz". A big part of the Cruz problem (and the Kasich problem) is that they have no ground game - they might have great Organizations (and Cruz certainly does), but it's tough to win with a couple of hundred at your event when Donald Trump get's many 1,000's. Part of the weird Trump effect is that he doesn't need a Ground Game - he has a message that the FED-UP crowd likes and he come across as an authentic candidate who has no "canned campaign" speech. Ted is all about the canned "speech". It's hurting him.

About the Ron Paul "tactic" -- the reason the GOP now has Rule 16, Rule 40 & the all important Rule 42 is exactly because of the "Ron Paul Tactic". For those that are not aware - Ron Paul held training sessions with his Paulers on how to take over State Conventions and be elected as Delegates to the National Convention. Their plan at the National Convention was to 'throw out the State Primary Vote" and Vote the State for Ron Paul. They actually managed to do it in some States, and would have attempted it at the Nationals ... in fact did do it with a few State Delegations.

The Major Problem with the "Ron Paul Tactic" is that it disenfranchises the Voters from that State - they voted for McCain in 2008 and Romney in 2012 and Ron Paul and his Paulers were going to STEAL that vote and give it to Ron Paul who WON ZERO States. Kinda like John Kasich has only WON 1 State.

All of this to "Save the Republic".

So ..... YES, Ted Cruz is a great tactician and certainly knows the Rules and how to Manipulate them. I have no doubt this is his plan. Here's the problem - Notice how John Kasich keeps claiming HE will be the President, he has the very same plan -- BUT, John Kasich has an advantage that Ted Cruz doesn't have ...... the support of the insiders who make Rule 16, Rule 40, Rule 42. Mitt Romney was behind those "changes" in the Rules and he is still the guy in charge - who does he support - JOHN KASICH.

I find it fascinating that ALL the Media, and ALL the pundits, and ALL the Conservative Talk/Blog folks, and ALL the Democrats and the Leftists, and most of the GOP ...... seem to forget that Mitt Romney had LESS Delegates on March 15 than Donald Trump has on March 15.

NOBODY was saying anything about "brokered Convention, Conversion Battle" or any of that garbage.
In fact - the GOP announced in April (long before Romney even reached the number to be the Candidate) that Mitt Romney was the "Presumptive Candidate" with all the resources of the GOP behind him.

Just 4 Short years later ....... My how things have changed. You need heavy duty waders to muddle through the Cowsh.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:32 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,338,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Cruz/ Kasich ticket?..... one for a wall on border and to deport all illegals and the other one for open borders and amnesty?.....Yeah.

Glenn Beck, Levin and other talk radio will go mad. Levin and Rush hates Kasich .

your Boy Cruz is a weak candidate.....he went 0-6 last Tuesday. Trump beat Cruz in Miami-DADE county with Cubans by 13%.......the South which is Cruz firewall he went 3 out of 14 states to a guy from New York who isn't a politician with NO Super Pac money and the Gop establishment against him and still Cruz went 3 out of 14 states in the South.

it does matter how many people are in the primary, if you are good candidate you win the states you are strong in. You should win if there is 2 candidates or 5 candidates if you are good. Cruz isn't.

Trump for the past 2 weeks got bad press after bad press and the GOP establishment with their Super Pacs ran negative ads on Trump worth over 40 million and still Cruz couldn't win 1 state with solid numbers? he went 0-6 which is weak.
Just remember that your vote for Trump is a vote for Hillary. Neither you, nor any other Trump fan can lay out a logical path for him to win 35% of the minority vote and get to 270. It will NEVER happen, but keep dreaming.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:43 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Just remember that your vote for Trump is a vote for Hillary. Neither you, nor any other Trump fan can lay out a logical path for him to win 35% of the minority vote and get to 270. It will NEVER happen, but keep dreaming.
NO ..... only a Vote for Hillary OR a "sit at hone because I'm all wee-wee'd up" is a Vote for Hillary.
Everyone should vote for who they support and then Vote for the best option to avoid a Obama 3.0.
OR WORSE .... a woman with such Bad Judgement that she is willing to through National Security out the window just so she can avoid Oversight and FOIA and be Crowned Queen.

I've already voted in my primary - I didn't vote for Trump.
IF he is the nominee - there is NO WAY that I will sit at home and "cast a defacto Vote for Hillary Clinton". That's EXACTLY how we got Obama for 8 years. Can we survive another 8 years of his/her Policy?

Old 03-17-2016, 07:01 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,338,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
NO ..... only a Vote for Hillary OR a "sit at hone because I'm all wee-wee'd up" is a Vote for Hillary.
Everyone should vote for who they support and then Vote for the best option to avoid a Obama 3.0.
OR WORSE .... a woman with such Bad Judgement that she is willing to through National Security out the window just so she can avoid Oversight and FOIA and be Crowned Queen.

I've already voted in my primary - I didn't vote for Trump.
IF he is the nominee - there is NO WAY that I will sit at home and "cast a defacto Vote for Hillary Clinton". That's EXACTLY how we got Obama for 8 years. Can we survive another 8 years of his/her Policy?
Most of us who don't want Trump wouldn't stay home either, we will be voting third party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections