Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 01:00 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times

Advertisements

The RNC in Alaska has decided to re-"call" the Republican primary and reassign delegates since they consider Rubio to have dropped out.

Previous Delegate Assignment
  • Cruz - 12
  • Trump - 11
  • Rubio - 5
Current Delegate Assignment (Mar 17)
  • Cruz - 14
  • Trump - 14

I did not know they could or would do this. This is actually again for Trump since he got most of Rubio's delegates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 01:06 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,232,912 times
Edging Trump closer to that magic number to make up for the delegates that have been splintered away from him.

Old 03-18-2016, 01:13 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,843,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The RNC in Alaska has decided to re-"call" the Republican primary and reassign delegates since they consider Rubio to have dropped out.

Previous Delegate Assignment
  • Cruz - 12
  • Trump - 11
  • Rubio - 5
Current Delegate Assignment (Mar 17)
  • Cruz - 14
  • Trump - 14

I did not know they could or would do this. This is actually again for Trump since he got most of Rubio's delegates.
State Republican Parties can make their own rules. Alaska is a very interesting state.

Old 03-18-2016, 01:15 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,232,912 times
It also gives me hope that they will coalesce behind the frontrunner.

Old 03-18-2016, 01:15 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,173,562 times
That is what the Alaska state level party rules, written in 2012, says will happen if a candidate quits - their votes get reapportioned. However, Rubio has not officially dropped out so that doesn't quite mesh, the rules say nothing about what happens if the suspend their campaign, which is different than quitting. I'm also not sure why Trump got 3 of Rubio's delegates and Cruz got 2 though, it should be the other way around. They now both have 14 delegates from Alaska instead of 12 (Cruz) and 11 (Trump). If I were an Alaskan Repubilcan I would file a complaint.
(9) If a Qualified Presidential Candidate drops out prior to the Republican State Convention, the percentage of national delegates pledged to that candidate shall be reapportioned among the Qualified Presidential Candidates.

(10) If a Qualified Presidential Candidate drops out after the state convention, but before the national convention, the apportionment of delegates will be recalculated using the methodology described in paragraph V.15.f(3). Those delegates that had been elected at the state convention to support the candidate that had dropped out should be given first opportunity to commit to supporting one of the remaining presidential candidates. If enough delegates are not found using this method, the delegate applicants that had not been elected at the state convention will be given the opportunity to become delegates based upon the Qualified Presidential Candidate they had pledged to support and the ranking they had been given by the Nominations Committee during that committee’s deliberations.

Party Rules - Alaska Republican Party

Old 03-18-2016, 01:20 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,341,802 times
Trump is very lucky they aren't doing this in states he won. Cruz would end up beating him in several of them and getting more delegates in all the others.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:28 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,452,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Trump is very lucky they aren't doing this in states he won. Cruz would end up beating him in several of them and getting more delegates in all the others.
Damn you Cruz bots are delusional as all hell. Did you even read what you wrote? How could Cruz end up with more than Trump if Trump won to begin with? Trump would end up with the bigger share leaving him STILL AHEAD of Cruz! Are you guys just employing delusional wishful thinking here or what?

Old 03-31-2016, 11:08 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Fascinating.

Rubio has contacted the Alaska BOE and convinced them to claw back his delegates from Cruz & Trump. So now Rubio's 5 delegates must vote with for him on the first ballot. After that, BOE will reassign them to Cruz & Trump should there be a 2nd ballot.

Rubio is either spiteful as hell, or he is really working a plan for a brokered convention so that he can be nominated.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:12 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,996 times
If Rubio thinks there's any chance at all of him getting the nomination at this point, then he's even dimmer than I thought he was. And I had him rated as about 1.5 watts.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:14 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Go away Rubes you lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections