Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 10:03 AM

679 posts, read 614,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Trump didn't say he thought abortion should be illegal. He was asked what should happen to those who violate the law IF it were made illegal.

So... how would you expect someone to respond when asked what should happen to someone who violates the law?
He did say you should ban it, which in my opinion from this context would mean to make it illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 10:10 AM

88,979 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Trump raised the issue that the woman should be punished if it were illegal.
Do you agree?
No. Trump didn't start the discussion with the presumption of abortion being illegal. That was Chris Matthews' position. Why does Chris Matthews want abortion to be illegal?

Old 03-31-2016, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
He did say you should ban it
Trump? When? Post a citation.

Old 03-31-2016, 10:19 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,209,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Trump didn't say he thought abortion should be illegal. He was asked what should happen to those who violate the law IF it were made illegal.

So... how would you expect someone to respond when asked what should happen to someone who violates the law?
He certainly did. In the same town hall. His words: "Well, you go back to a position like they had where they would perhaps go to illegal places, but we have to ban it".

Old 03-31-2016, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
He certainly did. In the same town hall. His words: "Well, you go back to a position like they had where they would perhaps go to illegal places, but we have to ban it".
Ban back alley abortions very likely performed by unlicensed practitioners? Why would anyone have a problem with that?

Old 03-31-2016, 10:47 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
the media is really embarrassing.

they have tried to take both sides of the abortion issue with trump-first he is a planned parenthood supporter (especially in evangelical leaning primaries) and now they say he is going to arrest women that have abortions.

which is it?

of course, they don't ask the democrats the same question about BREAKING THE LAW, probably because they are afraid of the answer.

let's make hllary and Bernie answer that question so we can all think about the question itself-which isn't about abortion as much as it is about the rule of law.

but this is what the media does-tries to play every side of an issue. Now with Bernie they don't have to do it that way because democrats have the idiotic superdelegates who can swing an election without the media's help. (unless the other candidate is scoring huge numbers)

trump is scoring huge numbers which is why almost the entire media is fixated on him, not to mention the paid agitprops to disrupt and stop his rallies.
help.

Because Bernie and Hillary aren't going around saying abortion should be 'banned' which then got into the whole question of illegality.

Old 03-31-2016, 10:52 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,147,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
You are talking to a former law enforcement officer here. Would you like me to break out the criminal elements for each of those scenarios? Do you really want to go to town with me? Do you really? Just say the word.

Btw, do you know anything about age of consent? You are really looking bad here. But I am going to keep putting the pressure until you say uncle.

"An Oregon woman who had two children with her biological father was jailed after pleading guilty to felony incest",

Woman who had 2 kids with dad goes to jail for incest | Sun Times National
My point was, which I assume as a former LEO you would agree with, that there are crimes that can happen where not all the active participants are guilty of a crime. It is not as simple as a law was broken, you were part of the event, ergo you should be punished, instead in our judicial system the individual's role in the event matters to culpability.

Old 03-31-2016, 10:58 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I absolutely HATE Trump, but I think they did in fact twist the truth, or presented half-truth here. It won't make me vote for him, but I do understand the gripe here. Both sides of the biased media do it all the time, and it's wrong.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:00 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Trump raised the issue that the woman should be punished if it were illegal.
Do you agree?
Absofreakinlutely, b/c it would be a law...and breaking the law is a crime

Old 03-31-2016, 11:01 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
More gotcha bs from the dc cabal..
Matthews and Trump were wrestling for control of the interview.

Trump could have easily maintained control of the convo and declined to speculate on "what if " scenarios.

Instead he bit and went down the rabbit hole.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 03-31-2016 at 11:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections