Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 04:13 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,252,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
So bottom line, according to you, she should crawl under a rock and die.
Look at the bright side - she will still have her day job!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 07:50 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The calendar favors Obama this month. The democratic parties in the Chesapeake region mirror the demographics of Obama's base. Pure and simple.

Stick around. Those of us in big swing states won't sit idly by and allow Iowa and Idaho to make the decision of who OUR candidate should be.

Re: the loan - Many of her supporters simply did not know she needed money. Obama has called me 3 times, though I've never donated to him, and have used some pretty questionable tactics. I have donated twice to Hillary and they haven't called me to donate more.

She has a 20 million reserve for the general, which was a tactical decision on her part. OVER 10 million in donations in a week, and we have more articles about her staff "not taking pay" than the amazing fact that her supporters have rallied to replenish the coffers. These supporters, by the way, are by and large not as economically well off, nor college students charging donations to daddy's credit card, so I'm afraid I just don't buy the 'campaign in trouble' thing. There are some improvements I'd like to see her campaign go through, but it's a bit premature to count her out. Again, if Florida and Michigan hadn't "violated the rules" we'd all be writing obituaries for Obama. Unfortunately, disenfranchisement works well to Obama's advantage in this case, and if not corrected, he will have that on his head (not that I think he actually gives a damn).

"Grassroots, ordinary people indeed!"
What? Florida and Michigan will be "on his head?" HELLO!!! All the candidates agreed not to campaign in those states. In fact, Obama wasn't even on the ballot in Michigan. Disenfranchisement will be evident if the DNC seats those delegates won in Florida and Michigan without either new primaries (will not happen) or caucuses (may happen). Do not tell me that a primary without Obama on the ballot is in any way fair. Oh, that's right, 30% voted undecided in protest so that obviously was all the Obama supporters.

I'm a Kucinich supporter and between Obama fans and Hillary fans, I must say Hillary fans seem to find so many excuses and whine, whine, whine. Deal with what is happening. Hillary may be able to stop the bleeding in Texas and Ohio, but, then again she may not.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:25 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Look at the bright side - she will still have her day job!!
And her husband will have his "other" job

Old 02-12-2008, 10:46 PM

607 posts, read 922,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
It's one thing to be tough in politics and business, but to discredit and smear another human being is truly pathetic; nothing else left to say.
Sorry but everything he said was correct and not at all pathetic.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:26 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,396,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
What? Florida and Michigan will be "on his head?" HELLO!!! All the candidates agreed not to campaign in those states.
And only Obama ran ads in Florida. And OBAMA had campaign workers calling people in Florida the day of the election to ask for donations and to "continue to push for Obama."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda
In fact, Obama wasn't even on the ballot in Michigan.
Whose fault is that, really? Was he FORCED to take his name off the ballot? Was Edwards? NO. Did any other democratic contenders take their names off the Michigan ballot? HIS idiot mistake (talk about lack of good judgment, sheesh!) is MY problem? He should have thought of that before he decided to "punish" Michigan voters by not giving them the "privilege" of voting for St. Obama of Illinois...err...Hawaii...

FACT: There was a concerted "vote uncommitted" effort by both Obama and Edwards. And they still failed. Obama supporters are some of the most motivated voters around. They wouldn't just "stay home" when Dear Leader calls them to vote "uncommitted!"

Quote:
Disenfranchisement will be evident if the DNC seats those delegates won in Florida and Michigan without either new primaries (will not happen) or caucuses (may happen). Do not tell me that a primary without Obama on the ballot is in any way fair. Oh, that's right, 30% voted undecided in protest so that obviously was all the Obama supporters.
Even if you have a (weak) argument for why Michigan shouldn't count, given that the vote was only made unfair due to the UNILATERAL and UNSOLITICITED ACTIONS of the candidates involved (again, how is it "unfair" if a candidate VOLUNTARILY takes his name off the ballot?)... the same does NOT hold true for Florida.

What part of "Obama got less votes than Mitt Romeny" are Obama supporters failing to get? Or maybe they DO "get it" and that's why they're making such a fuss. Fact is, the Florida primary is 10X more fair and democratic than any BS "caucus." Maybe Obama has simply written Florida off altogether in the general. Hopefully Idaho and Nebraska will rally to his cause and make up the difference. Good luck with that!

Quote:
I'm a Kucinich supporter and between Obama fans and Hillary fans, I must say Hillary fans seem to find so many excuses and whine, whine, whine. Deal with what is happening. Hillary may be able to stop the bleeding in Texas and Ohio, but, then again she may not.
Oh give me a break. I am seriously beginning to wonder if Democrats actually care about the much vaulted ideas that made me attracted to the party in the first place.

As a Kucinich supporter you should be top of the list worried about disenfranchisement of voters. On "political matching" I routinely "match" Kucinich in my political slant first, followed by Hillary. Let's face it, if Obama thinks he's going to win utilizing the "48 state strategy" he is dead wrong. Punishing Florida for the acts of its REPUBLICAN controlled legislature is... undemocratic.

Luckily, not everyone agrees with Obama, OR his supporters who will stop at nothing to make sure their "precious" wins the nomination:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitNews
A prominent civil rights leader has told the Democratic National Committee that refusing to seat delegates from Florida and Michigan would disenfranchise both states’ minority communities.

In a Feb. 8 letter to DNC Chairman Howard Dean, NAACP chairman Julian Bond expressed “great concern at the prospect that million of voters in Michigan and Florida could ultimately have their votes completely discounted.” Refusing to seat the states’ delegations could remind voters of the “sordid history of racially discriminatory primaries,” he said. [snip]

In an interview, Bond said the NAACP had taken no position in the race between Clinton and Obama and would not endorse either candidate. He sent the letter on behalf of the voters in Michigan and especially Florida, where the Republican-controlled legislature and governor changed the state’s primary date.

“It struck me as making the voters, including minority voters in Florida particularly, victims of the Republican legislature in Florida. I wanted to get Chairman Dean to find some way to rectify the situation,” Bond said.
The Detroit News Online (broken link)

Old 02-13-2008, 10:17 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,252,821 times
Senator Clinton lost yesterday - in many ways. Obama won in so many different demographic areas - including men and women - young and old - black and hispanic -

Texas and Ohio are Clintons "last stand" IMO - if she does not win those, she would probably have to consider withdrawing her candidacy.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:18 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,617 times
I wonder if she loses out, will that be the end of her for us?

Do you think she could ever muster another run at the White House?

Old 02-13-2008, 10:21 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,170,686 times
Neither Hilary nor Obama will do anything good for this country. I can't stand either one of them.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:21 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,252,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I wonder if she loses out, will that be the end of her for us?

Do you think she could ever muster another run at the White House?
I think she will retire after New York. Guess she will find something to keep her occupied...it won't be baking cookies for any grandchildren she might have in the future though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections