Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 01:39 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,362 times

Advertisements

During the GOP Debates, when asked about US nuclear capability, Sleazy Don responded:

"I think we need somebody, absolutely, that we can trust, who is totally responsible, who really knows what he or she is doing. That is so powerful and so important."

"But we have to be extremely vigilant and extremely careful when it comes to nuclear. Nuclear changes the whole ball game," he added.

When asked which of the three legs of the triad is Sleazy Don's priority, he responded:

"For me, nuclear, the power, the devastation, is very important to me," Trump replied.

On the Geneva Conventions:

“The problem is we have the Geneva Conventions, all sorts of rules and regulations, so the soldiers are afraid to fight,” Trump said at an afternoon town hall during remarks on torture.

“We can’t waterboard, but they can chop off heads,” Trump said, referring to the United States and the Islamic State, respectively. “I think we’ve got to make some changes, some adjustments.”

The Geneva Conventions, adopted broadly after World War II, govern the treatment of civilians and prisoners of war — including a ban on torture and summary executions. They mirror rules the U.S. adopted in 1882.

Trump has called for changing laws that govern interrogation techniques to “bring back a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding.”

Trump calls Geneva Conventions 'the problem' - POLITICO

So Sleazy Don wants to be able to order our soldiers to commit war crimes without the hindrance of the Geneva Conventions.

Use of Nuclear weapons:

Donald Trump considering the use of nuclear weapons on Europe

Matthews then asked about using the weapons in Europe. In response, the billionaire real estate mogul said he didn't think he would use them, but once again reiterated "I am not taking cards off the table." During CNN"s town hall event on Tuesday, the GOP front runner raised eyebrows when he commented on other countries possibly having access to nuclear weapons.

So in sum, Sleazy Don has no idea what the Nuclear Triad is. Won't rule out nuking ISIS or our allies and is pissed that he cannot order our soldiers to commit war crimes because of the Geneva Conventions.

Good luck surviving THAT thinking in the WH. But at least those rapin' illegals will pay for the Trump Wall!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 01:59 PM

952 posts, read 518,606 times
Still not buying your 'CRUZ 2016' rants. Don't like Trump, but don't like Cruz just as much.

Old 04-05-2016, 02:08 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post
Still not buying your 'CRUZ 2016' rants. Don't like Trump, but don't like Cruz just as much.
Not selling anything. Nor am I "ranting" that is done by the Sleazy Don supporters.

I am just posting what Sleazy Don has stated when it comes to National Security.

Basically it adds up to a potential POTUS who is uneducated and impulsive and together that spells disaster!

Old 04-05-2016, 02:10 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Old articles from Politico? That Website is self destructing. LOL

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...301_story.html

Old 04-05-2016, 02:13 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Don't forget his spokesperson, Katrina, saying "What's the point of having nuclear weapons if America is afraid to use them?" which he never corrected so apparently he agrees with it.

Old 04-05-2016, 02:19 PM

952 posts, read 518,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Not selling anything. Nor am I "ranting" that is done by the Sleazy Don supporters.

I am just posting what Sleazy Don has stated when it comes to National Security.

Basically it adds up to a potential POTUS who is uneducated and impulsive and together that spells disaster!
Whatever....

and the thought of carpet bombing the middle east until the sand glows isn't 'uneducated and impulsive'???

Old 04-05-2016, 02:20 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Yes--Trump would like to distribute nuclear weapons to all the other countries so we don't have to pay for them any longer. When is Syria getting theirs?

Old 04-05-2016, 02:24 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
I think many Americans are afraid of facing these numbers, so I am going to be the heartless bad gal here.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki death toll

[IMG][/IMG]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Key Findings

Approximately 210,000 Afghan, Iraqi, and Pakistani civilians have died violent deaths as a direct result of the wars.

War deaths from malnutrition, and a damaged health system and environment likely far outnumber deaths from combat.

--------------------------

war is horror. It seems like war on terror - seem to be endless now have killed equal amount of or more people.

Old 04-05-2016, 02:25 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post

Why do you think Cruz interventionist policy of making the sand glow will work? Considering it never has worked and makes us less safe.

Old 04-05-2016, 02:33 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
About 10 percent of the 2.4 million servicemembers who have fought in Iraq and Afghanistan deployed three or more times.

How many times do you think these soldiers can take?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections