Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2016, 08:27 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Oh, geez, don't intrude on the idiots' fantasies with even a smidgen of reality!!!
People like yourself "Sweetie" amaze me. Your depth of naivety while looking the other way should be a crime in of itself. To be so ill-informed or worse, outright make false statements to promote whatever political cause you adhere to is shameful when illegals affect every aspect of a person's life. Everything from schools, taxes, property values, crime and jobs for Americans are negatively affected. But people like yourself would rather name call and be condescending to those who are legitimately concerned about this issue. One has to wonder what personal gain you are receiving from having illegals here because you really can't have your head so deep in the ground that you can't see reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 08:28 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
OK as long as Obama pays for all of the benefits for the illegals that came here during his administration.
Illegals are being apprehended and deported maybe not as fast or in the quantities you would like but its not like nothing is being done=

Obama has deported more immigrants than any other president. Now he’s running up the score. | Fusion

Old 04-08-2016, 08:41 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Only a handful of states have mandated e- Verify for all employers/ employees. Why is this?

Florida is not one of them. Florida has several Sanctuary counties, not cities, counties. The Florida legislature has been Republican for a long long time. The governor has been Republican for a long , long time and yet...

Instead of taking simple effective action, Congress hides behind grand plans designed to go no place fast.

It has not mattered who sat the oval or held the majority of Congress. Doing nothing for 30 years was no accident.

And yeah, Rick Perry and all but 4 of the Texas state legislature advocated for giving in - state tuition to undocumented students in 2001. Now he's all about building a wall.
Florida (R) Gov Rick Scott campaigned on implementing E-Verify. Once he got into office he came up with some lame excuse why it won't be implemented. It's not even being discussed any longer in Florida. In reality, everyone knows the governor/FL legislature(R controlled house and senate) has financial backing from powerful lobby groups that don't want E-Verify because they want to continue to use cheap illegal labor.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:41 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Illegals are being apprehended and deported maybe not as fast or in the quantities you would like but its not like nothing is being done=

Obama has deported more immigrants than any other president. Now he’s running up the score. | Fusion
What you're missing is that the Obama administration has changed the definition of deported. When an illegal walks across the border and is turned around back across the border, that is now considered being deported. Being turned around at the border was never included in deportation numbers before until this administration. Being apprehended and deported used to refer to illegals already in this country, not the ones turned around when they just walk across.
This is how the administration is able to doctor the numbers to make it seem like many more illegals are apprehended and sent back.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:42 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:

Jambo - Obama should not be letting a single one cross the border and stay. It's illegal - you know it and I know it. And is he counting the ones that are leaving of their accord ?

Old 04-08-2016, 08:43 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Quote:
Do you know how many illegals have businesses/work under the table ? E-verify wouldn't do anything to stop them.
I'm a property manager and there are plenty of illegal contractors in my neck of the woods. I'm doing my part and hiring American citizens for all of my work.
When I interview a contractor for a job I always ask if they have illegals on their crews. The only tough one to find Amercans workers are roofers. But they are out there.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:45 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Florida (R) Gov Rick Scott campaigned on implementing E-Verify. Once he got into office he came up with some lame excuse why it won't be implemented. It's not even being discussed any longer in Florida. In reality, everyone knows the governor/FL legislature(R controlled house and senate) has financial backing from powerful lobby groups that don't want E-Verify because they want to continue to use cheap illegal labor.
E-Verify does not work for those illegals who have their own businesses (under the table) and employ illegals.
E-Verify does not work for illegals who work as day laborers and used by the average citizen.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:49 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Do you know how many illegals have businesses/work under the table ? E-verify wouldn't do anything to stop them.
Do you know how many have jobs in restaurants, in construction, in domestic work, in factories, in mining, in farming? All industries it would not be difficult to regulate if there was the political will to do so. And it would be vastly cheaper in the long run to go after those who employ them than to build a wall that would become a black hole eating huge sums of taxpayer money to maintain for decades into the future. And which still wouldn't keep them out if there are jobs to be had here.

A wall is a profoundly stupid "fix" to a problem for which there are other, better, more practical and cost effective solutions.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:36 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Trump is absolutely correct in that we need to build a wall and step up border enforcement to keep the illegals out. Have a read of this ...

Drunk-driving illegal immigrant who killed straight-A college student is on the run* | Daily Mail Online

Add in the drug trafficking that is killing America's youth and the number of illegals freeloading off the American government and you'd have to be blind to see that what we have now is NOT WORKING.
The Democrat politicians see them as future Democrat voters.

The business lobbyists, business people and Republican politician donors see them as cheap labor.

The Catholic Church sees them as pew fillers and future clergy people (did you really think the Pope utterings were all about helping poor people when they can't get enough priests and nuns, their congregations are disappearing and here comes a whole bunch of Catholics to save the day?).

The Union leaders see them as future dues paying members.

And now, I want you to think about all of the people in different professions who have a job because illegal aliens have flooded the country. They have created a need for more social workers, teachers (especially bi-lingual ones), school administrators, police officers, doctors, nurses, drug enforcement, ICE officers, judges, federal/city/county workers, etc..

All of the above benefit from the illegals in the country: power, financially, jobs. As taxpayers, we're totally scre**d.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:38 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
The last time I looked, sweetie, the federal government doesn't provide housing or other benefits to illegal immigrants.
Many illegal immigrants live in public housing - USATODAY.com

Six military bases to house illegal immigrants - Washington Times

Disgusting: Fed Govt Offering $6,000/Month to House Illegals in Your Home - The Political Insider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0fJUassI_Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Here's free healthcare for illegals in CA

california ebt for illegals - Bing video
And, don't forget the Medicaid loopholes for illegal aliens that drain the funding for citizens: Medicaid for Illegal Immigrants | Emergency Medicaid and ObamaCareNot: Thousands of Illegal Immigrants Enrolled in Obamacare and Senate report: Illegal immigrants benefited from up to $750M in ObamaCare subsidies | Fox News

Quote:
Linda_d needs to do some homework before she posts ...
It's called "google".

Quote:

No one believes that. It is a headline that is not supported by the numbers. This is where they get Mexicans not coming in because they aren't turning them away at the border because they know how to get in under cover and now Border Patrol are told to stand down on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
What you're missing is that the Obama administration has changed the definition of deported. When an illegal walks across the border and is turned around back across the border, that is now considered being deported. Being turned around at the border was never included in deportation numbers before until this administration. Being apprehended and deported used to refer to illegals already in this country, not the ones turned around when they just walk across.
This is how the administration is able to doctor the numbers to make it seem like many more illegals are apprehended and sent back.
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I'm a property manager and there are plenty of illegal contractors in my neck of the woods. I'm doing my part and hiring American citizens for all of my work.
When I interview a contractor for a job I always ask if they have illegals on their crews. The only tough one to find Amercans workers are roofers. But they are out there.
Thank you for that. As you know, integrity is in short supply.

Undocumented Workers in Construction Industry

Roofing is a job that you want to make sure of who is doing the job and worth paying the extra.

I have noticed that many of the companies here hire that don't e-verify hire through the staffing agencies to keep their hands clean.

Quote:
E-Verify does not work for those illegals who have their own businesses (under the table) and employ illegals.
E-Verify does not work for illegals who work as day laborers and used by the average citizen.
Worse yet, it doesn't work for those that have 5 or 6 anchor babies drawing public assistance and those that steal and commit other crimes to bring in an "income". Illegals use the emergency room for their medical needs because for them, it is free. They use those services 3 times more than citizens do.

Currently, we spend more than $113 billion on illegal aliens per year and amnesty will cost us $6.3 trillion and without the wall, they will continue to come. Why not? They just laugh at our "laws", all of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections