Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2016, 12:43 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Good thing sanity prevailed and Republicans nominated McCain and Romney. No telling what Obama would have done to the country.
Sarah Palin killed whatever chances McCain had. Trump reminds me of a male Sarah Palin for many reasons.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:54 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times
And the bad news just keeps coming

Adding to his woes, he picked up just one delegate of six on the ballot in South Carolina. The most painful result, though, may have been Trump’s failure to capture two of three slots in his strongest South Carolina congressional district.

In fact, Trump lost five of the six delegate seats on the ballot in South Carolina’s 3rd and 7th congressional districts. Ted Cruz nabbed a delegate in the 7th district, while another, Alan Clemmons, remained uncommitted despite Trump’s dominant finish there in the state’s Feb. 20 primary.
Read more: Trump's Saturday delegate disaster - POLITICO
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Maybe if Republicans paid more attention to their own primary process they wouldn't be so surprised by theirs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 01:12 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Smoking Gun

Certainly isn't a party that treats all candidates fairly.

https://i.sli.mg/aftV6f.jpg

Blog: Colorado GOP resolution: No voting for Trump

1. The Colorado Republican Party forbids any of its delegates to the Republican National Convention to vote for Donald Trump for president or vice president on the first ballot or any other ballot, and
  2. The Colorado Republican Party asks its delegates to national convention to pledge on their honor to do everything in their power to help secure the presidential nomination for someone other than Donald Trump.
One guy proposes an anti-Trump resolution. Did it pass? If not then you have no point here whatsoever, this guy isn't representative of the "Colorado Republican Party"

What I do know from reading local news is that the Trump people screwed up in ridiculous ways, like not even being able to get their own delegates names and numbers correct on the ballots submitted by the campaign. That's on them, no one else. They were outmatched by the Cruz people, pure and simple.

Old 04-10-2016, 01:16 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
One guy proposes an anti-Trump resolution. Did it pass? If not then you have no point here whatsoever, this guy isn't representative of the "Colorado Republican Party"

What I do know from reading local news is that the Trump people screwed up in ridiculous ways, like not even being able to get their own delegates names and numbers correct on the ballots submitted by the campaign. That's on them, no one else. They were outmatched by the Cruz people, pure and simple.
Exactly. If that is an example of Trump's "best people" and "making great deals," along with "winning so much we get tired of winning," it is very concerning. Words and promises do not match actions or results in forming realistic expectations about a candidate.

Old 04-10-2016, 01:27 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,339,730 times
Its official, Cruz sweeps Colorado and wins all 34 delegates!

Ted Cruz gains 34 delegates with Colorado sweep - CBS News

Old 04-10-2016, 02:14 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Sounds to me like it's a simple case of Trump not knowing what he's doing.

Because, as in sports and other things, it isn't just how many people are cheering you on, it is also how well you play the game. Otherwise, no one would lose home games.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:19 PM

#NeverTrump!

Old 04-10-2016, 02:26 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Sounds to me like it's a simple case of Trump not knowing what he's doing.

Because, as in sports and other things, it isn't just how many people are cheering you on, it is also how well you play the game. Otherwise, no one would lose home games.
The game is the vote of the people which trump is winning. All the other delegate stuff is archaic, although trump should hire more people who understand this rediculous process.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:36 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
How many times do you have to say that? You have been saying it since yesterday. Talk about orgasm.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
How many times do you have to say that? You have been saying it since yesterday. Talk about orgasm.
He had only won the majority when I posted yesterday. He picked up the other 12 delegates making it a clean sweep later yesterday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections