Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2016, 09:24 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
following what has become customary for all candidates over the past 40 years = being burned at the stake.

poor trump, he's a victim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 09:24 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Our constitution does not require a tax return be posted to run for president. It does require that a person be a natural born citizen. People will mock us for asking for proof of natural born status but make a big deal about a private matter that should not be required. I think everybody running for president should have to publically post a birth certificate. I don't care about anything else. Trump's finances are none of our business.

Old 05-13-2016, 09:25 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
following what has become customary for all candidates over the past 40 years = being burned at the stake.

poor trump, he's a victim.
It's sad we've come to a time where using the tax code to legally reduce the amount you must pay to the government is a bad thing.

People actually think that his tax returns will tell you his net worth. See how easy it is to spin it. When you have a citizenry that is clueless about the purpose of tax returns and financials it's easy for people who want to demonize him to spin it to mean what they want it to mean.

The left and the liberal media hope you'll act as a useful idiot to put pressure on him so they can see them so they can spin it.

Old 05-13-2016, 09:33 AM

26,577 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
People actually think that his tax returns will tell you his net worth.
some do, i don't. i do believe they will offer more insight into trump and either validate or debunk some of his claims.
they are his private records to do as he pleases but for him to intentionally avoid something that has become customary over the past 40 years will affect him at the polls (IMO).

do you believe his tax records are "sealed"?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ds-sealed.html

Old 05-13-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
some do, i don't. i do believe they will offer more insight into trump and either validate or debunk some of his claims.
they are his private records to do as he pleases but for him to intentionally avoid something that has become customary over the past 40 years will affect him at the polls (IMO).

do you believe his tax records are "sealed"?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ds-sealed.html
So you admit that people think that a tax return would tell us his net worth and that they are wrong? Do you see how easy it is for them to be fed lies and they will go out and parrot those lies? A lot of people don't have a clue about taxes and they will wait for the media to tell them, they'll be fed lies and they'll hammer repeating those lies.

Ok, explain what you would validate and debunk?

Customary does not mean required by law. It's sad we've come to a time where using the tax code to legally to reduce the amount you must pay to the government is a bad thing.

hey, if you're interested in catching someone in a lie you should look at Hillary, she'll give you plenty of fun.

Old 05-13-2016, 09:38 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Our constitution does not require a tax return be posted to run for president. It does require that a person be a natural born citizen. People will mock us for asking for proof of natural born status but make a big deal about a private matter that should not be required. I think everybody running for president should have to publically post a birth certificate. I don't care about anything else. Trump's finances are none of our business.
Wrong.

Trump has made his business acumen a centerpiece of his campaign.

His attraction is supposedly that he's so incredibly successful at his business, that he can easily transfer his business knowledge, skills and abilities to the job of running the country.

When Trump publicly brags about his finances, in the context of running for public office, he himself makes it our business.

Old 05-13-2016, 09:39 AM

26,577 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
People will mock us for asking for proof of natural born status...
obama released his birth certificate in june 2008, the first presidential candidate to do so. the legitimacy was confirmed by the HI department of health in october 2008. the birthers wouldn't accept those facts and created a convoluted conspiracy theory. that's why they were mocked.

Old 05-13-2016, 09:41 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It's sad we've come to a time where using the tax code to legally reduce the amount you must pay to the government is a bad thing.
Unless of course, you use the tax code to show how poor you are, then of course its to be celebrated...

the left is pathetic...

Old 05-13-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Unless of course, you use the tax code to show how poor you are, then of course its to be celebrated...

the left is pathetic...
LOL, yep. to both comments.

Old 05-13-2016, 09:44 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,578,205 times
I never understood the point of this anyway! What is it anyone's business how much a candidate makes? That's personal.

Trump isnt a public servant. If he were then his income would be public info. He's a businessman with plenty of private companies.

I wouldnt release my tax returns either if I were him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections