Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 07:44 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Minor clarification, a lot of the Sanders voters in the WV primary will vote Trump over Sanders in the GE
Yes, they will.

After talking to a sizable amount of West Virginians - there was a lot of crossover voting for Bernie. They simply wanted to deny Hillary the win.

They despise Obama and they despite Hillary.

WV has been red since 2012 and I don't seem them turning back blue anytime soon.

Trump will take WV in the general with no problem. He's promised to 'fire up all those coal mines again'!

Can't wait to see him keep THAT promise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2016, 08:02 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Trump will take WV in the general with no problem.
Trump will take most states in the general with no problem. The topic BTW is about Bernie and Hillary.

Hillary can't get a plurality of the Democrat vote in 1/2 of the states in the USA.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:45 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Quote:
Yes, they will.

After talking to a sizable amount of West Virginians - there was a lot of crossover voting for Bernie. They simply wanted to deny Hillary the win.

They despise Obama and they despite Hillary.

WV has been red since 2012 and I don't seem them turning back blue anytime soon.

Trump will take WV in the general with no problem. He's promised to 'fire up all those coal mines again'!

Can't wait to see him keep THAT promise.
Sanders led Hillary by very large margins 8 months ago. How do you explain that if you claim he only won because of "crossover voting"? Sanders leads Hillary in pretty much all states against Trump. How do you explain that if you claim that exit polls show that Sanders will be crushed by Trump while Hillary will not? That doesnt make sense. Sanders is a much, much stronger candidate in West Virginia than Hillary against Trump.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:48 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Sanders led Hillary by very large margins 8 months ago. How do you explain that if you claim he only won because of "crossover voting"? Sanders leads Hillary in pretty much all states against Trump. How do you explain that if you claim that exit polls show that Sanders will be crushed by Trump while Hillary will not? That doesnt make sense. Sanders is a much, much stronger candidate in West Virginia than Hillary against Trump.
Did I say he 'only won' because of the crossovers? No, I did not.

However ~ exit polling in WV did show a lot of Trumpeters voting for Bernie.

Neither Hillary or Bernie will win WV. Trump will take WV in a landslide.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:50 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
wow, you really do perseverate on things, don't you?

Ok, fine, I will stipulate that Hillary was never, ever going to win the West Virginia primary. But as I have repeatedly tried to explain, that isn't the point that I was trying to make or that others have been trying to make, despite your odd fixation on it.

And now, I'm done.

Old 05-12-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Did I say he 'only won' because of the crossovers? No, I did not.

However ~ exit polling in WV did show a lot of Trumpeters voting for Bernie.

Neither Hillary or Bernie will win WV. Trump will take WV in a landslide.
You cling to those exit polls when poll after poll show something very different. That is your problem. 50% would vote for Trump? Really? So Hillary would crush Sanders against Trump in a potential matchup? Absolutely not. State after state show that Sanders, not Hillary, is the better candidate, and you cant explain that by your crossover theory.

You are just trying to deligitimze his win and you know it.

Old 05-12-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
wow, you really do perseverate on things, don't you?

Ok, fine, I will stipulate that Hillary was never, ever going to win the West Virginia primary. But as I have repeatedly tried to explain, that isn't the point that I was trying to make or that others have been trying to make, despite your odd fixation on it.

And now, I'm done.
You have no point. First you claim he only won because of crossovers from Trump supporters who trolled. Now you admit you were lying. Then you claim that this exit poll prove that Sanders supporters dont like Sanders and would vote Trump and that Hillary would do much better against Trump in West Virginia. Another misrepresentation of facts as Sanders crushes Hillary in state after state according to polls. It is extremely unlikely that a West Virginia matchup poll would show Hillary doing better than Sanders there and you know it. You just like to deceive people.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:19 AM

491 posts, read 319,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
1976 Presidential Election

President Ford wins 27 states.
Governor Carter wins 23 states + DC.

Guess who took the oath of office on January 20, 1977?
I apologize for my rudeness, but Ford actually won VA in 1976. (The map you posted showed otherwise, although I am unable to copy that map.)

Old 05-12-2016, 11:23 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
You have no point. First you claim he only won because of crossovers from Trump supporters who trolled. Now you admit you were lying. Then you claim that this exit poll prove that Sanders supporters dont like Sanders and would vote Trump and that Hillary would do much better against Trump in West Virginia. Another misrepresentation of facts as Sanders crushes Hillary in state after state according to polls. It is extremely unlikely that a West Virginia matchup poll would show Hillary doing better than Sanders there and you know it. You just like to deceive people.
Do not personally attack me and call me a liar - and you cannot even prove what you are claiming because I never said it. I made the factual statement that exit polls showed that somewhere around 40% of the people who voted for Sanders in WV said that in a head to head match up between Sanders and Trump, they would vote for Trump. Period. You are the one who has gone off on this obsessive tangent. I never said Hillary did better than him, all along I said that these were never Hillary voters anyway. It is irrelevant to the race between Hillary and Bernie, just an interesting data point that in WV, a large percentage of Sanders voters are not actually Sanders supporters.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:36 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yet, with all that, Hillary still can't win without the unelected Super Delegates. It really kills your entire argument.
It only means the Democratic system is proportional and the Republican system is not. If Hillary Clinton had the same system as Donald Trump, she would have had the nomination in March.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections