Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 02:45 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/26/us...ew-mexico.html

I can't even begin to grasp the logic behind this, assuming there was any. But really, I think it's just Donald's thin skin because he can't handle the fact that an elected GOP governor, particularly an Hispanic woman, hasn't endorsed him, so in his mind, that's an "attack" and like any 4th grade bully, he thinks he gets the right to attack back.
obviously he is the thinnest skinned candidate ever, even thinner than Obama, and he knows nothing about NM politics. She inherited a mess, he should do a little more research before flapping his mouth and to set the records straight: she would never consider being on the ballot with him. In fact I doubt she was on his short list. In fact I doubt his list is short. I think every Republican in the country is on his list. I bet he thinks he will make her cry: sure!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 02:52 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,361,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
obviously he is the thinnest skinned candidate ever, even thinner than Obama, and he knows nothing about NM politics. She inherited a mess, he should do a little more research before flapping his mouth and to set the records straight: she would never consider being on the ballot with him. In fact I doubt she was on his short list. In fact I doubt his list is short. I think every Republican in the country is on his list. I bet he thinks he will make her cry: sure!!!!!!
I really don't think Martinez wants to go to Washington in the first place. She has a sister with disabilities and she has said in the past such a move would impact her family.

Old 05-26-2016, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Martinez is the chair of the Republican Governors' Association. For her to not show up when the presumptive nominee is in her state is pretty telling. She doesn't care for him, so there's no reason for him to care for her.
There dislike goes back a little way. Never would she have run as VP on his ticket. She simply stood her ground and I don't blame her one bit. She didn't lose a thing by not showing up; she sent her regrets and the reason she was not coming.

Old 05-26-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
She's not popular with Republicans. At least those that don't like Amnesty which she IS for.
Read what she says about Amnesty. She isn't totally in favor or opposed to it and when she took office one of the first things she did was announce no drivers licenses to illegals. Are you aware of that?

Silverkris: you are right. It is unlikely she will ever go to DC because of her responsibility to her sister.

Old 05-26-2016, 02:57 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Read what she says about Amnesty. She isn't totally in favor or opposed to it and when she took office one of the first things she did was announce no drivers licenses to illegals. Are you aware of that?
The above is the reason that I was initially impressed with her.

Old 05-26-2016, 03:02 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
I have no real idea if she was actually on the short list or if she would have ever been in serious contention for VP. But for the presumptive nominee of the Republican party to arrive in a state and start attacking a sitting GOP governor who happens to also be chair of the Republican Governors Association is just ludicrous.

And yes, it's also a factor that she's a woman and a Latina. No, that alone doesn't qualify her to be VP but the fact is that both of those constituencies are ones that Trump needs to do better with. And in what comes across as a completely unprovoked attack on one of the most high profile Latinas in politics doesn't exactly help his cause there.

Old 05-26-2016, 03:29 PM

4,867 posts, read 4,807,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
I really don't think Martinez wants to go to Washington in the first place. She has a sister with disabilities and she has said in the past such a move would impact her family.
You are correct. Martinez has publicly stated many, many times that she has no interest in being a VP candidate. She is the principal caregiver for her sister and doesn't want to take her on a campaign or move her to DC. She also has not stated any support for Trump. To say that she is or was on the short list for VP is nonsense.

Old 05-26-2016, 03:53 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
It will most likely be Gingrich and then they will bring up the tired old Clinton scandals that didn't work in 1992 and 1996

I'm sure the crack team of investigators Trump has in Hawaii looking into Obama's birth certificate are currently digging up old scandals and as soon as they are done wrapping up the investigation of Ted Cruz's father in the JFK assassination, Hillary will surely fall!
You mean the guy who cheated on his then wife for 6 years while being outraged by Clinton's infidelities?

You mean the guy who favored Amnesty in 1986?

You mean the guy who is pro NAFTA?

You mean the guy who is all about free trade and wants to remove all restrictions on China?

Other than their marital histories and age ( Trump turns 70 and Newt turns 73 this year) it's not clear Newt and and Trump have much in common. Who knows, maybe they share a fetish for conspiracy theory.

Old 05-26-2016, 04:33 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Dam right...dopey liberal scum like Hillary, Pelosi, Whoopie, and Maddow deserve EVERYTHING thats thrown at them. They started the war by bieng unrelenting shrews..
Sounds like someone has a hard time getting a date.

Old 05-26-2016, 05:10 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,120,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
You mean the guy who cheated on his then wife for 6 years while being outraged by Clinton's infidelities?

You mean the guy who favored Amnesty in 1986?

You mean the guy who is pro NAFTA?

You mean the guy who is all about free trade and wants to remove all restrictions on China?

Other than their marital histories and age ( Trump turns 70 and Newt turns 73 this year) it's not clear Newt and and Trump have much in common. Who knows, maybe they share a fetish for conspiracy theory.
Don't forget the best one: going to his wife's hospital bed side where she was to be operated on for uterine cancer with a yellow legal pad and pens, and asking her to hash out the terms of their divorce right there and then. That's the wife who supported him until he was 30 while he got his Ph.D.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections