Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 03:18 PM

34,062 posts, read 17,088,810 times

Advertisements

His strategy will be Southern Red Wall usual GOP plus states which will make NAFTA the prevailing issue, Pa through Rust Belt.

I suspect he will fight hard but lose NY & Ca, but tightening them means Dems must use resources there.they would prefer using in say Ohio, Michigan, pa, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2016, 03:21 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,340,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
His strategy will be Southern Red Wall usual GOP plus states which will make NAFTA the prevailing issue, Pa through Rust Belt.

I suspect he will fight hard but lose NY & Ca, but tightening them means Dems must use resources there.they would prefer using in say Ohio, Michigan, pa, etc.
Not sure that will matter. Dems will have MUCH more money to burn than Republicans. No one wants to give Dishonest Donald any money, not even long time GOP donors.

Old 05-29-2016, 04:18 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times
Quote:

A Rust Belt strategy is Trump's best bet to get to 270. The Bush path of holding the Romney states (206 electoral votes) plus Florida (29 to get to 235), Ohio (18 to reach 253), Virginia (13 for 266) and Colorado (9 for 275 and the win) is just getting too dicey. Flipping Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin is a sound strategy, though it might be a reach. I don't think Hillary's going to drop a lot of dollars on California and New York because if she loses one of those states, she'll lose anyway. Trump won't invest in Cal or NY to any great extent, anyway. It's typical Trump blarney.

I think you're right about NAFTA. He'll play that card for all it's worth.

Old 05-29-2016, 04:20 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
Donald Trump tells Californians there is no drought then promises to fix the drought.

Donald Trump tells Californians there is no drought

Trump vows to 'open up the water' in drought-stricken California | PBS NewsHour

Old 05-29-2016, 04:42 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,436,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Trump has incentivized millions of them to register to vote and turn out against him in Nov as no other Republican in their lifetime has The clown is going to get buried in the general election.
He'll win in a land slide. Bringing up Clintons past as a rapist, Hillary's defense of rapist, their joint support in droning children and invading countries, backing wall street in the 08 crash, and the murder of Vince Foster will put him over the top.

Old 05-29-2016, 04:51 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,174,356 times
Quote:
He won't win in California and Hillary won't have to spend a ton of money fighting him off.

For comparison, I offer Jerry Brown. He had very little money when he ran against Meg Whitman. She spent over $100 million of her own money (most expensive race ever) and she still lost. When he ran for re-election (can't remember what year), he didn't run a single campaign ad and he still won. I think his campaign cost him $1.98 -- seriously. His competition spent millions and still didn't win.

Hillary will take California. Trump is wasting money if he thinks he can win here.

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
He'll win in a land slide. Bringing up Clintons past as a rapist, Hillary's defense of rapist, their joint support in droning children and invading countries, backing wall street in the 08 crash, and the murder of Vince Foster will put him over the top.
step away from the Kool-Aid

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Pennsylvania is likely the one to watch on election night. If Trump's appeal to rust belt blue collars turn any state, it's most likely Pennsylvania. Chances of taking Michigan, Minnesota or Wisconsin are next to nil if he isn't able to turn PA, so taking it is key for him.

As far as California, New Jersey or New York are concerned, it's not bloody likely, and they probably wouldn't matter anyway, because in the extremely remote chance that Drumph carries them, he would be well beyond 270 EV and victory.
Yet polling done in PA thus far - shows Clinton ahead. The rust belt should be Donnie's base voters.

We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Donald Trump tells Californians there is no drought then promises to fix the drought.

Donald Trump tells Californians there is no drought

Trump vows to 'open up the water' in drought-stricken California | PBS NewsHour
Can you believe that??

He will 'open up the water'. Like Moses! And then he'll walk on it.

What fool believes him.

Old 05-29-2016, 05:43 PM

34,062 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
A Rust Belt strategy is Trump's best bet to get to 270. The Bush path of holding the Romney states (206 electoral votes) plus Florida (29 to get to 235), Ohio (18 to reach 253), Virginia (13 for 266) and Colorado (9 for 275 and the win) is just getting too dicey. Flipping Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin is a sound strategy, though it might be a reach. I don't think Hillary's going to drop a lot of dollars on California and New York because if she loses one of those states, she'll lose anyway. Trump won't invest in Cal or NY to any great extent, anyway. It's typical Trump blarney.

I think you're right about NAFTA. He'll play that card for all it's worth.

Michigan showed NAFTA is a shrewd political move-as it carried Trump & Sanders there. I am free trade, like NAFTA, but this is a populist wave year, and that issue is Populism 101.

Old 05-29-2016, 06:56 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,120,263 times
Realclearpolitics average:

PA: Clinton +5.3%
NY: Clinton +21.7%
NJ: Clinton +10.7%
WI: Clinton +11.5%
FL: Clinton +2.0%
OH: Clinton +1.4%
MI: Clinton +10.5%
VA: Clinton +4.3%
CA: Clinton +17.3%
NH: Clinton +8.2%
CT: Clinton +1.0%

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections