Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2016, 03:02 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,467,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I am not getting what you are saying, Clinton supports are using things like "facts" to show that Trump lied and then lied to cover up his lies? I don't see how that's a criticism of Clinton supporters.

Basically, you are blaming Clinton supporters because they had the audacity to catch Trump red-handed. How sinister!
I'm responding to the individual who posted a vet giving his view against trump. This isn't about blaming anyone. I even said he has his right to his opinion on who he supports/whatever his agenda is in supporting someone obliviously other than trump. We are in election season and agenda's/interviews/views are a dime a dozen supporting "their" candidate/against the other so it's all fluff in the end to me and just another part of the big agenda gasm called election season.

As for "lies", in my world, every politician lies and lies a bunch in my view so I guess we are in agreement at some level?

As for catching trump "red handed", please elaborate with data to back up what you mean. Sounds like he gave the vets the money/ is in the process of doing so as he's vetting before he did so. Did he promise to deliver the money by a certain data and didn't fulfill this timeline that bothers you? If you have solid proof/evidence other than innuendo to the contrary that you'd like to present, I/this thread would be interested in hearing the solid evidence, not your gut feeling/assumptions/bias. Otherwise, your assertions wouldn't hold any water in court and would be thrown out. And I think the same thing should happen on this thread.....it's just your opinion in the end.

Old 06-04-2016, 03:16 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
As for catching trump "red handed", please elaborate with data to back up what you mean. Sounds like he gave the vets the money/ is in the process of doing so as he's vetting before he did so. Did he promise some data to deliver the money by and didn't fulfill this that bothers you? If you have solid proof/evidence other than innuendo to the contrary that you'd like to present, I/this thread would be interested in hearing the solid evidence, not your gut feeling/assumptions/bias. Otherwise, your assertions wouldn't hold any water in court and would be thrown out.
AP: Big Trump checks to vets groups sent on day of media report

A) Trump didn't give the money when he said he did -- 4-5 months late.
B) The checks weren't written until the day a critical article was published.
C) Trump responded with a rant and lash-out of those being critical (as opposed to apologizing for the tardiness.)
D) He lied when he dreamed up that the lateness was due to vetting.
E) Trump claimed that he wanted the donations to be private and secret, which is also a lie, because he staged it in the most public way possible -- with giant prop-checks.

It's disheartening that so few have critical thinking skills that can see through the con.

Old 06-04-2016, 03:25 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:

C) Trump responded with a rant and lash-out of those being critical (as opposed to apologizing for the tardiness.)
E) Trump claimed that he wanted the donations to be private and secret, which is also a lie, because he staged it in the most public way possible -- with giant prop-checks.

It's disheartening that so few have critical thinking skills that can see through the con.
As long as there are marks, there will be con men. And con man Trump has tapped into a YUGE pool of willing marks.

Old 06-04-2016, 03:36 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,467,054 times
Quote:

Point A)...it's his money he raised/he can deliver it when he wants/doesn't have to answer to anyone at this point in the game. When/if he words for the people, then I'm with you. And.....if you are going to get on him about this, you must have a list of grievances a mile long with ANY politician who lie/constantly don't do things when they promise they will do things, if they end up doing them at all. But I'm willing to be you still vote for them, especially if they have the magical "D" or "R" next to the name. And I'm guessing you're team "D".

And you have no proof on your point D), it's your view. It wouldn't hold up in court.

And if you're team hillary, I think she acts the same as trump in many ways/gets defensive many times too. See what happens when people ask her about her email server/if she thinks she's going to be prosecuted. Legitimate question, right? And she lashed out against people/the press asking such a question the same way as trump does but interesting how you play the one side of the street game. And look at her attitude/face during the Benghazi questioning. In my view, talk about a passive aggressive/arrogant attitude on her face during the questioning in the form of "how dare you ask these questions/I'm above this".

I think a little balance in one's views they express goes a long way in trying to persuading people/get them to see their side of the fence. I trust no politician, team D or R, and think both teams have done a horrible job. See?

Old 06-04-2016, 04:00 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
A lot of liberals are suffering from TDS. Side effects include:

1. Getting tunnel vision that only allows the victim from only seeing 1 person (Trump) and no one else
2. Turn into Trigglypuff any time a puff piece from 25 years ago surfaces about Trump that even the Weekly world news wouldnt print as being to ridiculous
3. Swallows completely all lies told to them by Hillary, while completely ignoring her own sorrid past
4. Whine incessantly about how a self made billionare somehow knows nothing about finance
5. Routinely shows manufactured outrage/newfound intolerance for something Trump did that Obama has done for 8 years

Et al..it is so tiring having to listen to this recycled garbage spewing out of thier mouths.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:04 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,227,294 times
He's part of the group with Alexander McCoy who were paid by the Hillary campaign to protest outside Trump Towers.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:08 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Stop this "vet said this, vet said that" silliness. I'm a vet. Vets are no different and their opinions no more important than anyone else's. No one should give a damn what a "vet" has to say, but should simply consider him or her another person with an opinion. If you agree fine or disagree, fine. But don't be tying some gravitas to the remark because the maker served in the armed forces at some point in their lives. Vets can be nutjobs too.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:17 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Stop this "vet said this, vet said that" silliness. I'm a vet. Vets are no different and their opinions no more important than anyone else's. No one should give a damn what a "vet" has to say, but should simply consider him or her another person with an opinion. If you agree fine or disagree, fine. But don't be tying some gravitas to the remark because the maker served in the armed forces at some point in their lives. Vets can be nutjobs too.
make sure you post this again when Trump is shown pandering to the Vets.....and putting them on the stage to talk to the media

this one on the right of the picture is particularly irritating......who the e-f is he to stand up there and pretend to represent Veterans?

http://stmedia.startribune.com/image...p+Veterans.JPG

Old 06-04-2016, 04:22 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,001 times
One thing that can not be denied.........Donald Trump is a rude, low class, embarrassment to anyone who has any decency. He has made some extremely bad remarks about everything and anything, but his very lowest point was when he said John McCain was a loser because he was captured. I could not believe those words came out of his mouth and that there was not a huge public outcry.

Here is Trump, who never served his country ONE DAY in his life, because he had some toe problem, and he has the nerve to belittle a man who spent years serving America and who endured years of torture in captivity. If Trump were in his shoes he would have been whimpering like a baby. His Daddies money got him out of having to serve.

And somehow, his supporters think these kinds of tirades are ok, and that "Trump says what he thinks." The problem is, Trump thinks like an idiot. He has spoken badly about women, Mexicans, Muslims, Veterans, and everyone else that he can find to attack.

This man is so self absorbed that he thinks he can say and do anything and get away with it. But to say the things he did about John McCain shows his true nature and how vile and ugly of a man he really is. Idiot is not a strong enough term to apply to Donald Trump. There is nothing to like about this poor excuse of a human being.

I saw a Trump sticker on a pickup today in traffic, and it read "Trump. Make America Great Again !" I wanted to puke.

Last edited by WMak70; 06-04-2016 at 04:35 PM..

Old 06-04-2016, 04:40 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
I think he is entitled to his opinion. His opinion is his opinion. I am sure his opinion is also shared by other veterans. And that is okay. It is what democracy is all about.

I know a lot of veterans who like what Trump has to say. How many of these "likes" would turn into actual votes? I don't know.

I don't recall Trump has said anything ugly against Muslim, women, or Latino veterans. Maybe I have missed something. In term of McCain, well, he is a war hero, but he is not the only one. How about those who accomplished their missions over and over again, are these people heroes? What makes Mccain the war hero, and the veterans waiting for treatment at VA hospital just a regular veteran who has done his/her job?

Are you telling me McCain's social status and POW status don't count? Social status matters a great deal in this country. A kick ass bronze star recipient might be working at your local gas station. Nobody would give him a second look. Isn't he a war hero too? Does he deserve some mad love too? =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.