Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 06:07 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Oh please. First, ffdtrump's nasty rhetoric about all those groups you listed and MORE includes veterans ...as he doesn't discriminate in his nastiness. I don't see where anyone mentioned 'social' status, nor that McCain is the only one, as you repeatedly rant about on these boards ( check back over your posts), deserving of recognition. No one has written that any vet should not receive the treatment they deserve, be it medical or respect/recognition for their service.

You are entitled to your opinion but your comments are a deflection from the topic. That said, over and out.
Okay. I respect your opinion. That is all I will say.

Now, I am going to repeat myself (like it or not)

"He is a war hero because he is captured. I like people who are not captured."

To me, my initial reaction is "He was talking about those who haven't been captured, those people should be considered as hero too." I don't interpret it as "disrespect all the POWs."

you don't have to agree with me, but that is my interpretation. I can only speak for myself anyway.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:12 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times
[quote=lilyflower3191981;44298774]I agree with your bold. But I doubt Gary Johnson is a true libertarian. I like the guy, but he seems a little out of touch with reality.

Trump has said some idiotic things, but I agree with him on one thing only and that is that politicians should not be beholden or bought by special interest groups. I suspect this is the reason for much of his popularity. I am not sure if Trump believes in limited government control. But I do agree that government is to govern. Law should be followed. Veterans should be taken care of even though they are the true minorities. (only 1% or less. if you count combat veterans only, they are less than 1% of the population) but let's face it, how a country treats the vets says a LOT about the culture and value of that country. So it is important issue.[/quote

I`m a working class guy and my daily experiences tell me this: They love Trump for his distaste for political correctness aka civility and his ridiculous promise to whiten up the country. Here in Western Pa. most of these people have never seen a Hispanic or a Muslim. On the veterans issue, if people really cared about them they would want to know why we took 30,000 casualties looking for wmds . 8 Benghazi investigations for the 4 that were murdered there but 0 investigations for the 4,500 killed in Iraq. The conservative love for our veterans can`t be taken seriously.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:17 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post

I`m a working class guy and my daily experiences tell me this: They love Trump for his distaste for political correctness aka civility and his ridiculous promise to whiten up the country. Here in Western Pa. most of these people have never seen a Hispanic or a Muslim. On the veterans issue, if people really cared about them they would want to know why we took 30,000 casualties looking for wmds . 8 Benghazi investigations for the 4 that were murdered there but 0 investigations for the 4,500 killed in Iraq. The conservative love for our veterans can`t be taken seriously.
You might be right. That is why I am still undecided. I think most just want to see some improvement in their personal lives. So can't blame them for supporting any candidates. I am sure they all have good reasons.

I don't know whom I will be voting for. I am not really excited for anybody. I just want to find somebody who is not a war hawk. It seems like Trump changes his mind a lot. So, not a good sign. I know I won't be voting for Hillary, so it is Trump, Bernie, or Johnson. lol well, those are the options anyway.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:49 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,169 times
[quote=gmagoo;44298994]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I agree with your bold. But I doubt Gary Johnson is a true libertarian. I like the guy, but he seems a little out of touch with reality.

Trump has said some idiotic things, but I agree with him on one thing only and that is that politicians should not be beholden or bought by special interest groups. I suspect this is the reason for much of his popularity. I am not sure if Trump believes in limited government control. But I do agree that government is to govern. Law should be followed. Veterans should be taken care of even though they are the true minorities. (only 1% or less. if you count combat veterans only, they are less than 1% of the population) but let's face it, how a country treats the vets says a LOT about the culture and value of that country. So it is important issue.[/quote

I'm a working class guy and my daily experiences tell me this: They love Trump for his distaste for political correctness aka civility and his ridiculous promise to whiten up the country. Here in Western Pa. most of these people have never seen a Hispanic or a Muslim. On the veterans issue, if people really cared about them they would want to know why we took 30,000 casualties looking for wmds . 8 Benghazi investigations for the 4 that were murdered there but 0 investigations for the 4,500 killed in Iraq. The conservative love for our veterans can`t be taken seriously.

^This!

Old 06-04-2016, 07:03 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
It's hard to argue with the bolded.

Old 06-04-2016, 09:55 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,195,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
"When I served in Afghanistan I served with women, I served with Muslims, and I served with Latinos — all groups that Donald Trump has maligned or even threatened. All of those folks actually donned the uniform. They actually served the country. As far as we can see as veterans in the military community, Donald Trump only seems interested in serving himself."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns4UJRuy-pw

Why any vet would support "Mr. Multiple Deferments," "POWs are losers," is beyond belief.
Well said! Seriously doubt Trump will get a large percentage of votes from veterans and their families.

Old 06-05-2016, 12:14 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,800,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Well said! Seriously doubt Trump will get a large percentage of votes from veterans and their families.
As much as I'd love to agree with you, don't underestimate Trump's ability to "charm" the veterans.

Old 06-05-2016, 12:34 AM

465 posts, read 256,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
"When I served in Afghanistan I served with women, I served with Muslims, and I served with Latinos — all groups that Donald Trump has maligned or even threatened. All of those folks actually donned the uniform. They actually served the country. As far as we can see as veterans in the military community, Donald Trump only seems interested in serving himself."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns4UJRuy-pw

Why any vet would support "Mr. Multiple Deferments," "POWs are losers," is beyond belief.
This guy makes me proud. You don't spend long hours and tedious deployments working alongside people of all backgrounds, only to come home and lie down quietly when you see them being targeted just for being who they are.

The uniform is meant to protect the freedom of all American people, all religions, all races.

Old 07-01-2019, 01:43 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
I see what they're saying. While it doesn't change my mind, I also understand that the typical vet isn't going to lean toward Clinton's or Sanders' ways of thinking (not that I do, either). That's just reality.[/quote]

My goodness.

love the Trump support here.

Thank God for the actual American voter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections