Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 09:39 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,252,674 times

Advertisements

Melania should stop giving speeches and go back to posing in the nude.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:39 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
It's a rough day for you, but you are looking a bit desperate and foolish. The speech was plagiarized. To most, this isn't even a debate.
Desperation makes people do and say embarrassing, ignorant things.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:41 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,681,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Dude, stop. You're embarrassing yourself big time.
He gets paid by the Trump Scampiagn to embarrass himself.

16,579 posts, read 20,718,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I am a professional speechwriter, and I can assure you that this is exactly what happened. It was not nefarious but it was stupid and amateur. It shocks me how disorganized this entire campaign is. Complete lack of priorities.

Re: the MLK speech. Read those side by side again. The first parts of both quote the same song (quotes used). The remainder is using the same well-known rhetorical device. There are no matching strings of words.

If you want to know if plagiarism is present, there are scientific methods, e.g. grammerly and writecheck.com.
Exactly. It's like the first "Trump/Pence" logo. It was thrown together at the last minute by a staff person using some basic graphic design software and not reviewed by anyone. The second one is the same poor quality but doesn't make you think about sex or toilet paper.

I'd bet anything that this speech was written by one of Trump's kids, or maybe a staff member, after watching other First Lady speeches.

I think Trump and his family have approached the whole campaign with the attitude, "How hard can it be?" But they're in the big leagues now and they look like goofy amateurs.

5,559 posts, read 4,631,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
I wouldn't bet on it. It's not that she or her writer lifted exact phrasing from Michelle Obama. That has happened in the past. The story is the absolute denial that it happened and the hypocrisy of the supposed morally upstanding "law and order" candidate. Each time they lie about it, it gets worse. It's hard to scream crooked Hillary with a mouthful of foot.
I'll gladly bet on it. You see, you've never produced a reality show and you don't really understand the game of marketing manipulation. You just think that the Democrats were so smart in catching something that was going to be obviously caught.

Read about war and tactics and understand traps. The Democrats have just blundered into a big one. Watch how women gather around and protect one of their own from the bad, bad men who surround her and trying to blame her. Poor, poor immigrant woman, who is being attacked by the Bully media and Democratic party.

Democratic Apparatchiks are pure and simple neophytes. That is how easily they are manipulated by everyone who desires so.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:43 AM

46,966 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
I'll gladly bet on it. You see, you've never produced a reality show and you don't really understand the game of marketing manipulation. You just think that the Democrats were so smart in catching something that was going to be obviously caught.

Read about war and tactics and understand traps. The Democrats have just blundered into a big one. Watch how women gather around and protect one of their own from the bad, bad men who surround her and trying to blame her. Poor, poor immigrant woman, who is being attacked by the Bully media and Democratic party.

Democratic Apparatchiks are pure and simple neophytes. That is how easily they are manipulated by everyone who desires so.
Can't tell if serious...

25,582 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i've seen reports that melania worked on this speech "for weeks" so .... i'll be curious to see if the campaign switches position and blames the speech writer ( ..... or just ignore and deflect when called on it ).

Melania Trump Basically Copies a 2008 Michelle Obama Speech at the RNC | E! News
Pretty funny.....

Evidently the DNC Fawns had memorized Michelle's speech, from all those years ago..
In any case, they trotted out the plagiarism accusation with minutes of Melania's speech.
Kinda strange, isn't it? The way they were ready and armed and all that....

Nah. It's not strange. It's like accusing one valedictorian of plagiarizing another's speech even though the two had never met.

The REAL suckers?! The Democratic posters on C-D who don't know that they are being manipulated.

The "plagiarizing" story was prepared weeks ago, Simpletons.

26,584 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
This is amazing entertainment.
  • Plagiarizing paragraphs about, of all things, hard work.
i completely missed that beautiful little chunk of irony until now. thank you.

16,093 posts, read 10,762,339 times
Trump and his campaign made her look extremely stupid at a time when she could have soared in front of a national audience. It is a shame but it revealed some underlying truths of the campaign... they are sloppy at best, think they are dealing with fools, and are willing to sacrifice anyone for the ego of Dear Leader Trump.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:45 AM

46,966 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Pretty funny.....

Evidently the DNC Fawns had memorized Michelle's speech, from all those years ago..
In any case, they trotted out the plagiarism accusation with minutes of Melania's speech.
Kinda strange, isn't it? The way they were ready and armed and all that....

Nah. It's not strange. It's like accusing one valedictorian of plagiarizing another's speech even though the two had never met.

The REAL suckers?! The Democratic posters on C-D who don't know that they are being manipulated.

The "plagiarizing" story was prepared weeks ago, Simpletons.
So it's going to be "We totally meant to do that." Interesting strategy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections