Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 01:49 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,545,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
There is another "passed on" phrase my parents taught me. "He who laughs last, laughs best." I so hope the Republican party will be the person who has "Joy in the morning" after the next vote is counted because I certainly hope we don't have to endure any more of these classless, mean-spirited, democrats and their hateful attitude beyond this hateful, racist, corrupt administration. I have seen and heard about enough out of all you. You all need to learn that other people have a right to use words too. You don't own them.

People and entities can and DO own word combinations, phrases, articles, literature, songs, poems, etc.

You can not take the words of Shakespeare and claim that they are your own. Its called plagiarism. Why do you think that COPYRIGHT laws exist?

https://www.washingtonian.com/2016/0...arism-checker/

Old 07-19-2016, 01:49 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,656,002 times
Quote:
You all need to learn that other people have a right to use words too. You don't own them.
Tell that to Queen

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...27521224,d.cWw

Old 07-19-2016, 01:51 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,982,548 times
Default Obama plagiarized Deval Patrick.

And Joe Biden plagiarized Neil Kinnock; it's the reason he wasn't elected in 1988.

Old 07-19-2016, 01:52 PM

22,481 posts, read 12,018,893 times
^^^^All true but it won't matter to the anti-Trumps because when democrats do this, it's different

Old 07-19-2016, 01:53 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,380,647 times
Trump isn't tweeting or firing anyone. Very possibly this a sign that the Trump kids and/or Melania wrote the speech themselves. Donald would not throw the kids under the bus. Besides, they are all scheduled to give speeches at the convention. Who would he get at this late date to replace any of them? Fonzie?

Old 07-19-2016, 01:54 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,475,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
People and entities can and DO own word combinations, phrases, articles, literature, songs, poems, etc.

You can not take the words of Shakespeare and claim that they are your own. Its called plagiarism. Why do you think that COPYRIGHT laws exist?

These Trump cult members are nuts. Listened to interview of RNC delegate today and she was in complete and total denial that any part of the chick's speech belonged to another person.

Big time pants on fire. X1000 Pinocchios......

NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,645,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Because she copied an entire paragraph from another person's speech. Didn't you used to be a librarian? You do know that's called plagiarism?
My first shock as a librarian is that five people or more can write a book with the same title. I have seen no evidence any paragraph was copied. The only thing I have heard is that she used the same values when describing what she was taught. Thousands of other people were taught the same values. Why don't you know this? Weren't you taught the same values. I was.

18,258 posts, read 22,545,964 times
Quote:
Tell me what words she used that were original to Michelle Obama? But I suggest you first google those words to find out how many other people have used the same words. And prove to me she had ever seen or heard Michelle say those words? I don't think it will be possible to do that.

Old 07-19-2016, 01:55 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,656,002 times
Quote:
Tell me what words she used that were original to Michelle Obama? But I suggest you first google those words to find out how many other people have used the same words. And prove to me she had ever seen or heard Michelle say those words? I don't think it will be possible to do that.
Yeah, I actually did that. It seems Michelle Obama was the first person to speak those words.

From a few pages back:

Quote:
I already did a Google check and could not find anyone else other than Michelle stringing those particular words together in that particular way, until Mel came along, that is.

So, now you know; Michelle Obama said them first.

Old 07-19-2016, 01:55 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,791,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
Has Trump ever said that he was wrong? I have yet to find anything that the guy says and comes back to him proving he was wrong and he still defends it. His ego knows no limits.

Mr Trump you said Sen McCain is not a hero, he got captured.

Well I didn't say say that..plays recording ...well I didn't say that.

Well then who the hell said that? your twin brother??

Still thinks he is right.

No and that is a huge problem. A leader that cannot accept mistakes and shortcomings cannot improve them and steer the country in the right direction. Nicolas Maduro has the same ego, he will never accept he and his predecessor have made big mistakes and instead blames the US or someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections